KOTOR 3 MMO or RPG?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiNut6493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiNut6493
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
I have read the news about the game and i dont like where the whole MMORPG thing is going. i liked the fact in part 1 and 2 you could chose what you wanted to do. destroy the jedi or rebuild the jedi empire. but a MMORPG would not be good for the series. they should make it a like 32 player multiplayer mode and have a story. the multiplayer coule be like a really cool. but MMO no cuz GRINDING SUCKS! i mean who wants to have to GRIND levels just to do quests like in world of warcraft. it would be uber boring like everything else!
dizzykim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dizzykim
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts
I wasn't aware that they were making KOTOR 3 a MMORPG, rather that they were going to make KOTOR 3 and a MMORPG loosely based on the trilogy story arc. However, if that's what they are doing, then Iprobably won't purchase the game. As much as I like the first two, I simply can't afford the time and money spent on a game like that. However, they could surprise everyone (myself included) and make the structure similar to Test Drive: Unlimited or Guild Wars, where you don't pay a monthly fee to play like other MMORPGs but still retain the good qualities of a MMORPG. I'll be interested in seeing how this pans out.
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
KoTOR III hasn't even been announced yet. But yea I've heard some rumors of it going MMORPG. If anybody has ever played SWG they know how much of disaster that would be. But I do like open ended gameplay, and if Mass Effect is a bug sucess who knows what will happen to a possible KoTOR III.