Kinect voice controls. Correct me if im in the wrong place

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silveriris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 silveriris
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

OK, so today i went out and bought myself an early christmas present, obviously it was the kinect.

I like it and everything, but it seems that there are very few things that actually utilize the controls or anything. whatever, thats still fine with me. its early.

My question is about the voice controls. Can i only use "stop, play, pause" from last.fm, or can i bring up my xbox music, video, or dashboard at any point?

if i can only use kinect when i go to the kinect dasboard thing, i have to say, thats pretty... lame. unless they make it so everything thats used in my xbox can be used on this "kinect dashboard" or whatever. being able to play my music and pause and do most usual things that require me to actually STOP PLAYING in order to go into a menu and change things would probably be my favorite feature(the motion is nice too, ha).

so let me get this straight, the only thing i can actually do is say like 10 phrases(or less) to make the kinect do things, and ONLY if im sitting in the kinect dash? is that right? i think this thing should be smarter. maybe im just a tech dork, but i know that quite a few things could be awesome if it would be at all intelligent. it could learn and work through all your BS and menus and whatever, and voice commands and motion commands could be somewhat programmable. its just a frakkin bar that you swipe, i dont understand why this cant be in ALL menus...

meh, im just bitter. i was ready for it to do nothing, but not NOTHING NOTHING.

anyone know something i dont?

thanks.

LastRide_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LastRide_basic
Member since 2002 • 1908 Posts

Check this video out for now. I'll see what else I can find. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsfVJxakDa8

LastRide_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LastRide_basic
Member since 2002 • 1908 Posts

I know you can bring up the dashboard. Key is to say xbox in some instances. You can check here for info too. http://support.xbox.com/en-us/Pages/kinect/speech-recognition/default.aspx

and here. http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/kinect/more-topics/control-your-xbox-360-with-your-voice.aspx

silveriris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silveriris

Hmmm... that only shows that it works for the dashboards i metioned... lame.

thanks though, at least i know so far its kind of lacking in that department. whatever, ill live. just wish that everything was integrated and i wanna whine about it because it seems easy to me(why not just add a slide bar you can grab to ALL menus, why not let me program my own voice for certain things etc etc like i said before)

alright. if anyone has any additional info, that would be great.

silveriris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silveriris

bump