kinect is just creepy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

billbradsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 billbradsky
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts

I don't want some computer recognizing my biometrics and watching what I do. Where is this info going to? Are they going to detect who is playing and feed ads based on the user? I don't watch very much tv and I have no interest controlling it with my gestures. It's going to be manditory because it will be boxed with the console. No thanks microsoft, I just want to play games sometimes. I had an xbox and I have a 360 and a windows phone but I have no interest in xbox one. All of these systems are going in directions that I have no iterest in.

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

Microsoft sees all.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

I don't want some computer recognizing my biometrics and watching what I do. Where is this info going to? Are they going to detect who is playing and feed ads based on the user? I don't watch very much tv and I have no interest controlling it with my gestures. It's going to be manditory because it will be boxed with the console. No thanks microsoft, I just want to play games sometimes. I had an xbox and I have a 360 and a windows phone but I have no interest in xbox one. All of these systems are going in directions that I have no iterest in.

billbradsky
i absolutely will not buy one just because it has kinect 2.0 that has to be the worst thing i've ever seen in any video game console, ever. it's unbelievable, to me, that people are stupid enough to not understand that someone is going to use it against them for nefarious purposes. total BS. to hell with microsoft.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

heard it will recognize who is in the room, say hello to each one, and identify who is not registered on the XBOXLive and how many people are there ; the ads - it will never be confirmed, except by users months later - sure will be there and your purchases, internet searches, possibly even the words you say when chatting, will be used to send you ads

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

billbradsky

Yeah, that's kinda creeping me out also....people can call it a conspiracy all they want, I don't like the direction this is going. If this is maditory from MS or Sony I won't be going next-gen:|

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]

MarcRecon

Yeah, that's kinda creeping me out also....people can call it a conspiracy all they want, I don't like the direction this is going. If this is maditory from MS or Sony I won't be going next-gen:|

when there is an electronic device watching and listening to you even when it is turned off, this is no conspiracy theory, it IS a conspiracy. think about it like this. if no one wants it and consumers don't demand it then why would someone try and supply it? see, there's an agenda behind what they are doing or they wouldn't even bother trying to force a supply of such a device that no one wants and is not in demand. that's the reality of kinect 2.0. like you said, people can call it a conspiracy all they want. and the reality it IS a conspiracy. microsoft the worlds largest and most powerful monopoly, so powerful that even president bill clinton couldn't break them up. and this same company wants to put a spy device into our homes and people are thinking, "uhh sure why not??" derp!
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]

buccomatic

when there is an electronic device watching and listening to you even when it is turned off, this is no conspiracy theory, it IS a conspiracy. think about it like this. if no one wants it and consumers don't demand it then why would someone try and supply it? see, there's an agenda behind what they are doing or they wouldn't even bother trying to force a supply of such a device that no one wants and is not in demand. that's the reality of kinect 2.0. like you said, people can call it a conspiracy all they want. and the reality it IS a conspiracy. microsoft the worlds largest and most powerful monopoly, so powerful that even president bill clinton couldn't break them up. and this same company wants to put a spy device into our homes and people are thinking, "uhh sure why not??" derp!

Agreed

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

The mandatory Kinect is the reason I will never own the Xbox One.

I will not bring a camera into my home and allow that kind of privacy invasion, and I certainly will not be paying someone to make it happen.

I have no interest in the PS4 (my PS3 just collects dust, I don't enjoy Sony's exclusives and I hate the Dualshock controller) so I was hoping that Microsoft would avoid making the Kinect mandatory. Being that they have, I will now game exclusively on my PC, and I will use the money I would have spent on the Xbox One to upgrade my GPU (I'm currently running a 5870, which is still going very strong). I currently play all multiplats on my PC anyway, so I will only be missing out on Xbox exclusives.

Sad day for me, as I loved my 360 and consider the 360 controller to be the best one ever made (by a mile), but as I said, I simply will not tolerate garbage like Kinect being forced into my home.

About the only positive I am holding onto at this point, is that the new controller appears to be awesome, so I will be thrilled if it works on the PC just like the 360's does. If it does, I will buy that on day one, for sure.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Better start working on your Newspeak.
billbradsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 billbradsky
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts

I guess I would also add, does Microsoft save these images somewhere? Could law enforcement issue a warrant to microsoft to let it look at your video if it is saved somewhere? Why would someone put a camera in their home that is transmitting images to some company for unknown reasons? I don't need an all-in-one device. I've never thought, man i just want my xbox to run all day long and change channels with my voice. Maybe Wii U and PC is the way to go now.

Firmaments

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Firmaments
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

I wonder if it will be able to tell if you are playing in your undies. If so, there should be achievements for playing so long in your underwear. 

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Could law enforcement issue a warrant to microsoft to let it look at your video if it is saved somewhere? billbradsky

This is an important question. MS could secretly do a profit driven deal with law enforcement to spy on and record data from any given house. They could also use it for recon before house busts, raids and maybe even use stored data to incriminate someone. You can guarantee it will be in the fine print that they have the right to do whatever they choose with their Kinect data. If you are on the run from the law, make sure you don't have an Xbox One.:lol:

There is also the possibility of Kinect data being hacked or MS employees working in conjuction with criminals. Burglars could scope out any number of houses using Kinect and determine the ones with the best loot, then strike with precision when they know for sure that the house is unoccupied.

That might be overdramatizing a bit but hey, how would you ever know? Paying for a device to spy on me for a company to then sell off this data for advertising to make money and then spam me with ads is hilarious. Sorry MS, not gonna happen.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

billbradsky
You can be sure of two things, either Microsoft makes it possible to disable it and use a controller or some hackers will do it :) its all up to MS how they want to play it out.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]

MarcRecon

Agreed
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

maybe it can tell us bed time stories. it wil watch us untill we knock out. :cry:

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

some times i feel like...Microsoft is watching meee, and I have no privacy...Whooooa-oh-oh :shock:

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

billbradsky
The world in moving towards the future. What you're seeing is just progress.
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

You might want to start getting use to it, because I forcast a lot of devices will be using this in the future, cars are already using this for phone, radio, ect.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]Could law enforcement issue a warrant to microsoft to let it look at your video if it is saved somewhere? Serial_Killa

This is an important question. MS could secretly do a profit driven deal with law enforcement to spy on and record data from any given house. They could also use it for recon before house busts, raids and maybe even use stored data to incriminate someone. You can guarantee it will be in the fine print that they have the right to do whatever they choose with their Kinect data. If you are on the run from the law, make sure you don't have an Xbox One.:lol:

There is also the possibility of Kinect data being hacked or MS employees working in conjuction with criminals. Burglars could scope out any number of houses using Kinect and determine the ones with the best loot, then strike with precision when they know for sure that the house is unoccupied.

That might be overdramatizing a bit but hey, how would you ever know? Paying for a device to spy on me for a company to then sell off this data for advertising to make money and then spam me with ads is hilarious. Sorry MS, not gonna happen.

Your not being over-dramatic at all....everything you said is extremely possible!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MarcRecon

You might want to start getting use to it, because I forcast a lot of devices will be using this in the future, cars are already using this for phone, radio, ect.

rrjim1

Yeah, The Matrix had to start somewhere!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]

crusadernm

The world in moving towards the future. What you're seeing is just progress.

Yep, it really started with our smart phones.

Desynkronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Desynkronic
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts
When your fapping, and your kinect catches you... You look it in the eye and finish.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

billbradsky

It may not require to be online,, to play a game,,, but it will require to be on to register games and other things at times and .. you can never shut off the camera.. yes very creepy!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MarcRecon

When your fapping, and your kinect catches you... You look it in the eye and finish.Desynkronic

:lol:.....Wow....that will teach em!!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MarcRecon

When your fapping, and your kinect catches you... You look it in the eye and finish.Desynkronic

....Dude, I can't stop laughing because I'm actually visualizing that!!!:lol:

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

I've got a feeling someone is watching me! :o

sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

Facebook is used the the FBI to watch on people I'm sure it won't be long until they using the One...

And just in case they are watching, I'll be sure to moon my Kinect at least once a day.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
All of the information is used by the governmeny and by these corporations so that they can further micro manage people. Find out in what other ways can they manipulate you. This capitalist society is ran by corporations and they want to know everything you're doing and know all your information. It goes to how these large corparations are globalizing and spreading across t he world. Don't be naive.
VothicX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VothicX
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

The PS4 reads as if it does the same exact thing as the X1 with the new Kinect. I hope Sony adresses these topics at E3.

Here's what I read so far:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29356788/playstation-4--the-facts

The PlayStation 4 Eye. It is equipped with two high-sensitive cameras and four microphones. Working together, the cameras can detect the location of players as well as detect sound. The PlayStation 4 Eye can be used to loginto the system with facial recognitionon top of opening up new gameplay possibilities. It's usable with the Move controller, and makes that device more precise than ever before.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#30 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I cant stand the fact Kinect will be required for Xbox One. Well, that's just one of the problems i see with the new Xbox console, further proof and reason not to spend my cash on it. Pathetic job by Microsoft...

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Creepy? Would the words useless and disapointing be more appropriate?

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
I think you are thinking a bit too much about conspiracy.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#33 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Agree that it's weird and unnecessary.

But I'll just disable the features, as they've said will be possible, and face it towards the wall. Camera can't see what it can't see.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#34 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
They will probably sell the data to third parties