Just thought id inform you on the new Mortal Kombat game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts

As a long time and HUGE MK fan i have been egarly anticipating the new MK game. Well rumours started to serface that is was going to be MK v.s DC.........turns out that the rumour was true.

Check this out.....kinda up in the air about it...Tight a$$ pic

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com

HEADLINES

EDIT: Couldnt get the image to work but its Sub-zero v.s Batman.looks good

porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts

marvel vs. mortal!

batman wins, FATALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D3ADMaggot911
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

marvel vs. mortal!

batman wins, FATALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

porky_ownsu

ahem ... Batman is DC comics not marvel.

DC = Batman, superman,the flash,wonder woman ,Green lantern

but yeah it looks awsome
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

haha

well atleast itll be something fresh

Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Benjamin-T
Member since 2006 • 1029 Posts

Wonder if it'll be like x-men vs. Street fighter, or marvel vs. Capcom

Also, when will shaolin monks be playable in the xbox original titles

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

haha

well atleast itll be something fresh

zero9167

I agree i can't wait to see some more information on it.

Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts

Cool deal. Batman kicks @$$. They should throw in the joker and Mr Freeze as well.

ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ozzdog123
Well juding from the epic sweet picture, it looks good however i just read that their will be no fatalities and with little to no blood and gore...Doesnt seem like its turning out to be any good. Blood,gore,and Fatalities is what makes MK,MK.....
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
[QUOTE="LRP85"][QUOTE="Jaforbe"]

Cool deal. Batman kicks @$$. They should throw in the joker and Mr Freeze as well.

LRP85

None of those characters will be in the game as they are DC. This has already been explained though.

Disregard this post. I am an idiot.

Lol i was about to say because i just looked through the characters of DC comics. There's plenty of interesting heroe's and villains i can't wait to see who's all fighting! Also link to DC characters. http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/

htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
looks really bad cause there no blood, gore or fatalities. they should of jsut made another MK game with a improved and more deep fighting engine and bring back the old fatality system.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 craigalan23
No blood,gore,or fatalities eh. I don't know if i'll get it now wont feel the same. Who knows might turn out great still just not gonna be as great.
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ozzdog123

No blood,gore,or fatalities eh. I don't know if i'll get it now wont feel the same. Who knows might turn out great still just not gonna be as great.craigalan23

Exactly though nothing about fatlities or blood is confirmed,we will find out tomorrow

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]No blood,gore,or fatalities eh. I don't know if i'll get it now wont feel the same. Who knows might turn out great still just not gonna be as great.ozzdog123

Exactly though nothing about fatlities or blood is confirmed,we will find out tomorrow

*crosses fingers* I haven't been the biggest fan of fighters but lately i've wanted to try some great ones out. This,Tekken 6,and Soulcalibur1/4 are a few games that i'm dying to play. I hope they add blood and fatalities that's what makes MK so cool in my opinion. Without blood and fatalities it'll feel alittle kidish to me.

FittsOMalley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FittsOMalley
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
yeah i saw this earlier. Im kinda with you on it. I loved Mk as a kid but I'm just not seeing a connection. i mean this woulda be acceptable like 8 years ago when SF did it with Marrvel. I mean i guess i makes since. Sf is rivals with MK, DC is rivals with Marvel. Just seems like they missed the bus 2 gens ago
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zero9167

Well juding from the epic sweet picture, it looks good however i just read that their will be no fatalities and with little to no blood and gore...Doesnt seem like its turning out to be any good. Blood,gore,and Fatalities is what makes MK,MK.....ozzdog123
doesn't matter if youre a fan of fighting games

go play gears of war if you only want blood and guts

Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaforbe

[QUOTE="ozzdog123"]Well juding from the epic sweet picture, it looks good however i just read that their will be no fatalities and with little to no blood and gore...Doesnt seem like its turning out to be any good. Blood,gore,and Fatalities is what makes MK,MK.....zero9167

Yeah, but it matters if your a fan of MK. You want the series to progress but not lose that certain feel that makes it what it is.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zero9167
[QUOTE="zero9167"]

[QUOTE="ozzdog123"]Well juding from the epic sweet picture, it looks good however i just read that their will be no fatalities and with little to no blood and gore...Doesnt seem like its turning out to be any good. Blood,gore,and Fatalities is what makes MK,MK.....Jaforbe

Yeah, but it matters if your a fan of MK. You want the series to progress but not lose that certain feel that makes it what it is.

I am a MK fan, and if it's a good game it really doesn't matter.

Saying this game isn't good because you read that there won't be blood or guts is just ridiculous.

Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaforbe
[QUOTE="Jaforbe"][QUOTE="zero9167"]

[QUOTE="ozzdog123"]Well juding from the epic sweet picture, it looks good however i just read that their will be no fatalities and with little to no blood and gore...Doesnt seem like its turning out to be any good. Blood,gore,and Fatalities is what makes MK,MK.....zero9167

I am a MK fan, and if it's a good game it really doesn't matter.

Saying this game isn't good because you read that there won't be blood or guts is just ridiculous.

Youre right. Just re-read what previous poster wrote and I agree with you. Just because it doesnt have those things in no way means it will turn out bad. I'd take a great polished game with a solid fighting system over a mindless bloody brawler any day. I just wouldnt mind having them included if it could be done in a way that enhanced the game. Guess well just have to see the end result.

DanMishler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanMishler
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts

dang it! i hoped it would be a sub-zero side scroller... :'(

kidding, looks awesome

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

I dunno if I believe that...The link in the photo goes to a Fedora test page...And they TOTALLY had the opportunity to do www.worldskollide.com...And that doesn't exist.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be awesome, cause it would, but I don't see that as any actual evidence yet.

Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Benjamin-T
another thing I've been thinking, will it mix? Mortal Kombat is all about fatalities, blood and gore, and DC characters hate to murder. They're the carebear vigilantes.
Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

mooooooooorraaaaalll commmbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt!!!

remember the movies? damn those were so bad they were good

ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ozzdog123
Well from reading most of the forum post over at MKO last night/this morning, the majority of MK fan are extremly upset and hate the idea. some of the post are a bit rediculous. Im going to wait and see what happens later today
LRP85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LRP85
Member since 2007 • 3094 Posts

Well from reading most of the forum post over at MKO last night/this morning, the majority of MK fan are extremly upset and hate the idea. some of the post are a bit rediculous. Im going to wait and see what happens later todayozzdog123

That is most likely because it looks like they took out the components that made Mk games the way they are. I mean an MK game without fatalities is just not an MK game.

codofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 codofwar
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts
This horrible why couldn't they have just made a direct sequl instead of a crossover.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
site is down right now :(
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#30 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
i hope they keep the bloody issues but if they dont i would love it to be a more brutal hard hitting game, and a little more martial arts but come on can superman really have a challenge battling sub zero?
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#31 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Wonder if this is coming to be as result of a possible Capcom vs Marvel game in the air?
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts

Well juding from the epic sweet picture, it looks good however i just read that their will be no fatalities and with little to no blood and gore...Doesnt seem like its turning out to be any good. Blood,gore,and Fatalities is what makes MK,MK.....ozzdog123

Exactly, this looks really, really stupid IMO. I loved the first 3 MK's and now they're ruining it with this mash-up crap. Good job Midway..real original idea....cough Marvel Vs. Capcom....cough cough..

Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Benjamin-T

what, marvel vs. capcom was a very nice game. I still own a copy from the xbox original. DC is Marvel's arch nemesis (competitor, same thing). Obviously they want to top marvel.

Avatar image for Unkn0wn_W4rri0r
Unkn0wn_W4rri0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Unkn0wn_W4rri0r
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Wow no offense, this game is already craptastic. Midway is just not a great company anymore. First off, the series went downhill when it went 3D on PS2. Now we have DC superheroes and no M rating!! What a waste..

W4rri0r

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
another thing I've been thinking, will it mix? Mortal Kombat is all about fatalities, blood and gore, and DC characters hate to murder. They're the carebear vigilantes.Benjamin-T
Wrong, Several DC Characters are killers. Superman will not kill. Batman is a grown man running around in a Bat Suit.....for sure he has killed someone.
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ozzdog123
That what im saying.As die hard of a fan that I am, I have to question WTF Ed boon was thinking when he decided this. Because he has taken the MK story and thrown it out,which was a dang good one at that. and Now the game has been confirmed as a T rating which mean and has been confirmed as no fatalities and little blood. Mk is turning out to be like Street fighter and Soul Caliber, they have to bring character from other franchises to stay alive. I mean yeah im proabably going to buy it because It mk and im loyal to that, just questioning WTF Boon was thinking. Im not going to really judge until I see more but its just one of those things as to why????
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

" According to Boon, there will definitely be fatality-like finishing moves, but they may not be called fatalities. After all, it's doubtful that Superman or Batman would be ripping out anyone's spines or hearts. That said, the team is hellbent on pushing the limits to what they can do with the DC characters, so you can expect to see blood and some level of damage accumulate during a fight. "

I say forget using the Good Superman and Batman...use that Murderous Superman and Batman from an alternate universe or Black Adam (He is extremely violent). Come on we all know The Joker will be in it but without a gruesome fatality it is not gonna feel like the Joker. AND put the gore and blood back in it. Or if the DC characters wont kill - we all know scorpion or sub zero has no problem killing anyone - at least allow them to be killed.

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
I'm just curious to see how Batman and Superman handle in a fighter. I for one havent played them like that before.
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ozzdog123
Ans as for anyone concerned,this is not MK8,it just the next MK game. FYI- its actually the 17th Mk game.