Just bought an Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

division_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 division_9
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts

Today I went to the local shop and bought an Xbox 360 Premium with 60 Gigs and along with it Gears of War an my first dissapointments were mainly the Gears of War game. I dont know why but for some reason everyone here seems to like it and I dont. I start the game up and I see just plain darkness and then a door opens up to show you getting rescued by a guy who wears a big ugly suit and looks like joke. I walk abit and fight a locust soldier just after I see a helicopter crash and its just boring.I look around and I dont get why its graphics are hyped so much as well. Its made in 2006, ofcourse its going to look worse then the newly released games like Battlefield Bad Company.I also really dont like how the game shows you being low on health by putting up a red circle in the middle of the screen. Whats with the huge power adaptor?.I also dislike the analog sticks on the controller since there way to small. My last dissapointment was I couldnt find Halo 3 since Halo 2 was just so much fun.

On a more happy note I now own both a PS3 and a Xbox 360. I really like the left and right triggers on the controller and I look forward to getting Halo 3, Fable 2 and left 4 dead since there all appealing games.

MOD Edit - This should have been put in a blog. Threads are meant to lead to some kind of discussion.

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
Hmmm okay but what's the point of this thread?
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

I personally think that Gears Of War is an amazing game with amazing graphics, and I can't wait for Gears 2.

Everyone has their own opinions though.

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
Yeah and I personally think that the 360 controller is perfect (including the sticks) and I hate the PS3 controller.
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts

well, this thread is meaningless i guess. But all i have to say is that the Xbox 360 controller is way far superior to the ps3, the only flaw that the xbox controler has over the ps3 controller is the D-pad. Also, Gears of wars is a GREAT game with GREAT graphics. You are right it was realeased in 2006, but the Games that game out after, until today have any graphics better than gears? i dont' think so, the graphics still looks amazing. can't wait until Gears 2.

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
I love the 360 controller. I was never comfortable with the playstation controllers even back with the original PS1. The sensitive shoulder buttons didn't help neither. Congrats on getting ur own 360. BTW, I don't like Gears of War neither. I know how u feel. Alot of people like it but I don't. I've played it and beaten it but after that, I never went back to it. I still can't see why it was so hyped.
Shinoadr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Shinoadr
Member since 2007 • 2667 Posts
Yeah I dont Like Gears much either, not my type of game. But I love the 360 controller, PS3 not so much.
hiroyukiwu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hiroyukiwu
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
gow i hated, but i can see why people rate it, difference of opinion, as for the controller, couldn't be better imo aboslutely perfect, a true gaming piece of art, as for the ps3 controller, not bad but never gonna touch the xbox 360 controller
Templey616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Templey616
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts
Im not a fan of Gears of war and i too feel its overrated but i agree with people who say the controllers better, its set out perfectly, and xbox live is much better than ps3 online.
ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts
Personally I never understood how the graphics in Gears was so hyped either, seemd very bland and too gritty. But yeah, check out Halo 3, I enjoyed that MUCH more!
Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
mmm, dont be put off by what uve experienced so far. The xbox 360 is a good console. I personally love the 360 controllers, i find them more comfortable than the PS3 ones. In my personal opinion though, I cant work out why people would want both the PS3 and the 360. But thats just me.
Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
the original gears was good for its time, but now there is better stuff, like Gears 2