Jericho is one killer game! Buy it now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Wow, what a great game Jericho is. It's scary, beautiful, and very fun. Don't miss out on this thriller!

Reviews:

9/10 Deeko

8.4/10 MyGen

8/10 IGN (UK)

8/10 GameZone

8/10 Play magazine

Is anyone else really enjoying this great game?

etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
the game has a 69% average on gamerankings, so im kinda of weary about getting it...especially with no multiplayer.
Avatar image for SentryGunner411
SentryGunner411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SentryGunner411
Member since 2007 • 1047 Posts

I played the demo and I thought it was complete trash.

Story is stupid!! Oh okay....God made an evil baby before Adam and Eve...wow what a cool story...

Secondly I played through the demo and didn't die once. Game is too easy.

Gameplay is weak. Boring weapons and characters and nothing feels right.

2/10

ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts
i am8) even thou lot of ppl been saying it sucks bc of the demo i bought it last nite n i dont regreat it... it was worth every penny:D
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BioShockOwnz

Story is stupid!! Oh okay....God made an evil baby before Adam and Eve...wow what a cool story...

2/10

SentryGunner411

You can't review a full game on a demo, lol.

Skull338

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Skull338
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts
Iv been thinking about getting it. But im not sure :/
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArsenicA
[QUOTE="SentryGunner411"]

2/10

BioShockOwnz

too late... he already did lmfao

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
having another crack at getting ppl to get it huh?
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

having another crack at getting ppl to get it huh?darksusperia

:lol:

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
I wanted to get it earlier but I didnt have enough money, haha.
Z-Bombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Z-Bombz
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
played the demo and it didnt really interest me
MikeB_74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MikeB_74
Member since 2007 • 829 Posts

having actually played the real game..

1) it is not easy.. demo is set to that cause well its a demo

2) its defintly a good game atleast rent it.

xboxdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xboxdevil
Member since 2006 • 1170 Posts
Sometimes a demo can be mis-leading. From what I've been reading, the majority hated the Jericho demo and the Conan demo, but those who bought those games seem to really like them, and they are getting decent reviews elsewhere.
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
if it came out in the summer, i wouldve given it a try. but right now....umm, ill save my money for COD4
ZOnikJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZOnikJJ
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
Uh... the demo pretty much showed how crappy the gameplay was... so no thank you.
xboxdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xboxdevil
having another crack at getting ppl to get it huh?darksusperia
Like the sig. Like Overkill, love Exodus, but I'm not familiar with that third band-who do they roughly compare to? Thanks.
puckhead778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 puckhead778
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts

Sometimes a demo can be mis-leading. From what I've been reading, the majority hated the Jericho demo and the Conan demo, but those who bought those games seem to really like them, and they are getting decent reviews elsewhere.xboxdevil

well wouldn't people who buy the game be the ones who liked the demo? because i wouldn't go buy a game if i wasn't sure i was going to like it and if there's a demo, most people play that before they buy the game...

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts

2/10

SentryGunner411

I think that sounds like a good story, and iv being looking forward to the game, but ill rent it first.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
[QUOTE="SentryGunner411"]

2/10

BioShockOwnz

QFT!!! :lol:

zakaweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 zakaweb
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts
I thought the demo was good. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Just have to decide if I'll get it for the PC or Xbox. Seems like people are jumping on the old haters band wagon when they haven't even played the game .
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArsenicA

I thought the demo was good. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Just have to decide if I'll get it for the PC or Xbox. Seems like people are jumping on the old haters band wagon when they haven't even played the game . zakaweb

i agree... i meanthe game is good.. most ppl are saying its trash just bc it got bad feedback... well i rather Jericho getting bad reviews then getting tons of good ones like halo 3 n ppl feeling dissapointed... cuz lets be honest... who really thinks Halo3 deserves a 9.5(gamespot)?

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i wanted to get it....but then my friends downloaded the demo on his pc...and i thought it was complete trash....don't think i'm going to get it anymore
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

[QUOTE="zakaweb"]I thought the demo was good. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Just have to decide if I'll get it for the PC or Xbox. Seems like people are jumping on the old haters band wagon when they haven't even played the game . ArsenicA

i agree... i meanthe game is good.. most ppl are saying its trash just bc it got bad feedback... well i rather Jericho getting bad reviews then getting tons of good ones like halo 3 n ppl feeling dissapointed... cuz lets be honest... who really thinks Halo3 deserves a 9.5(gamespot)?

Halo 3 was alright, I mean, you can find thousands of people who think it's the cat's meow, but I didn't think it was THAT great. I liked Undying on the PC (many, many years ago), so it's a safe bet that I'll like Jericho even more! It's crazy how people can play a single level of a game in a demo and some how know the whole game sucks. That's just, well, dumb.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

[QUOTE="darksusperia"]having another crack at getting ppl to get it huh?xboxdevil
Like the sig. Like Overkill, love Exodus, but I'm not familiar with that third band-who do they roughly compare to? Thanks.

Demiricous - Think Slayer but groove driven like exodus.

http://www.myspace.com/demiricous

check out knuckle eye & never enough road. They are from the album in my sig. To serve is to destroy & repentagram are from One(Hellbound).

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="ArsenicA"]

[QUOTE="zakaweb"]I thought the demo was good. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Just have to decide if I'll get it for the PC or Xbox. Seems like people are jumping on the old haters band wagon when they haven't even played the game . EnderSR388

Halo 3 was alright, I mean, you can find thousands of people who think it's the cat's meow, but I didn't think it was THAT great. I liked Undying on the PC (many, many years ago), so it's a safe bet that I'll like Jericho even more! It's crazy how people can play a single level of a game in a demo and some how know the whole game sucks. That's just, well, dumb.

Agreed. It's not quite as good as Undying though.;) Anyways, yeah....awesome game. Mmm cake.

zakaweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 zakaweb
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"][QUOTE="ArsenicA"]

[QUOTE="zakaweb"]I thought the demo was good. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Just have to decide if I'll get it for the PC or Xbox. Seems like people are jumping on the old haters band wagon when they haven't even played the game . BioShockOwnz

Agreed. It's not quite as good as Undying though.;) Anyways, yeah....awesome game. Mmm cake.

Ha Ha. I'm not saying it's the best game in the world. But I don't think it deserves the panning it's getting. The demo was not that bad. Just my opinion. That was funny though.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

Wow, what a great game Jericho is. It's scary, beautiful, and very fun. Don't miss out on this thriller!

Reviews:

9/10 Deeko

8.4/10 MyGen

8/10 IGN (UK)

8/10 GameZone

8/10 Play magazine

BioShockOwnz

Very selective in those reviews, eh? (sorry for the eh - I'm Canadian)

Anyways, from what I've read, seen, and played, I didn't appeal to me. But I guess some people will like it - people like BioShockownz who have no taste at all ;)

xboxdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xboxdevil

[QUOTE="xboxdevil"]Sometimes a demo can be mis-leading. From what I've been reading, the majority hated the Jericho demo and the Conan demo, but those who bought those games seem to really like them, and they are getting decent reviews elsewhere.puckhead778

well wouldn't people who buy the game be the ones who liked the demo? because i wouldn't go buy a game if i wasn't sure i was going to like it and if there's a demo, most people play that before they buy the game...

Not always. My point was that, I could play a demo, say "nah, not for me", and then hear and read how so many other gamers liked it and the demo did'nt do the game justice. Then I'd rethink it, and might buy it. A demo isn't the be-all end-all. I don't think most intelligent open-minded gamers base their entire opinion of a game based on a small demo segment.
xboxdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xboxdevil

[QUOTE="xboxdevil"][QUOTE="darksusperia"]having another crack at getting ppl to get it huh?darksusperia

Demiricous - Think Slayer but groove driven like exodus.

http://www.myspace.com/demiricous

check out knuckle eye & never enough road. They are from the album in my sig. To serve is to destroy & repentagram are from One(Hellbound).

Slayer are GODS. Thanks!
secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

Reviews:

9/10 Deeko

8.4/10 MyGen

8/10 IGN (UK)

8/10 GameZone

8/10 Play magazine

BioShockOwnz

3/10 1up

lol

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Reviews:

9/10 Deeko

8.4/10 MyGen

8/10 IGN (UK)

8/10 GameZone

8/10 Play magazine

secondomen

3/10 1up

lol

Yes, that review sounds like it was written by a middle school dropout. It was a rant, not a professional review. That man should get fired on the spot for not being professional on the job.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

Sometimes a demo can be mis-leading. From what I've been reading, the majority hated the Jericho demo and the Conan demo, but those who bought those games seem to really like them, and they are getting decent reviews elsewhere.xboxdevil

maybe cuz theyre the people that liked the demo lol

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
That dude that get's let loose in the trailer from being chained up just sold me even before the demo.  Finally, I enjoyed playing State of Emergency on the PS2 so I can't see how this game could let me down. 
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts

To all the people wanting to base this and any other game experience off of what you picked up from a demo; Has ANY demo ever lived up to the retail games gameplay?Theyare just a taste of what the retail will behence the name "demo" you know, a demonstration?

I mean, do you seriously download a 500 mb file from Live, play through whatever it might be, throw your hands in the air anddeclare "Garbage!"?

Some of the things you people complain about to. To easy? To short!?!?! Not scary, are you kidding me? The way some of you act you would think you are looking for the demo to be better than the game!

As to the topic this is for sure on my to buy list, and what a long long list it is too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#36 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I thought it was pretty lame.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
The point of a demo is to allow people who may be on the fence about buying a particular game, the opportunity to play a bit of it and decide for themselves. I might be wrong, but putting out a crappy demo isnt going to get anyone to buy it. Ive bought games i was undecided about based on how much i liked the demo, and ive passed on games i was undecided about based on how much i hated the demo. If youre convinced you want the game, the demo wont change your mind either way. But the demo is for those people who HAVENT made up thier minds, and a bad demo, will push them away from the game rather than pull them in towards it.
MarcoSnow06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MarcoSnow06
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts
I used to be marginally interested in this game, but the 3/10 score from 1UP.com killed any enthusiasm I may have had about the game. Too bad, apparently the squad mechanics weren't half bad.
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

2/10

SentryGunner411
the first born (Evil entity before Adam and Eve) is from a biblical scripture according to the opening cutscene.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
Too many games coming out that are expected to be AAA..
wlcm2atl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 wlcm2atl
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts
i might get it but not before Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and Rock Band...
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts

The point of a demo is to allow people who may be on the fence about buying a particular game, the opportunity to play a bit of it and decide for themselves. I might be wrong, but putting out a crappy demo isnt going to get anyone to buy it. Ive bought games i was undecided about based on how much i liked the demo, and ive passed on games i was undecided about based on how much i hated the demo. If youre convinced you want the game, the demo wont change your mind either way. But the demo is for those people who HAVENT made up thier minds, and a bad demo, will push them away from the game rather than pull them in towards it. DZBricktop

This is what I mean. A demo is in fact not about that at all, or at least it shouldn't be in the mind of the average gamer. A demo is about showing a consumer what the game is about, showcasing features, ala squad mechanics and the like. If you honestly base purchase decisionsonly on the merits of how awesome a demo is than you are missing out on a lot of amazing content.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
If I bought this game now It wouldn't even be worth it. There's so many better games coming out in the next few weeks. Jericho is a rent at the most and probably a buy later when the price drops.
gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts

[QUOTE="zakaweb"]I thought the demo was good. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Just have to decide if I'll get it for the PC or Xbox. Seems like people are jumping on the old haters band wagon when they haven't even played the game . ArsenicA

Lets not turn this into a "let's bash Halo" thread. I thought the game deserved 9.5. Different people like different things, get over it. Also, for the record, most people aren't interested in Jericho because they didn't like the demo. I personally didn't care for it.

Soothsayerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Soothsayerr
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts
I didn't like the demo much. Not paying full price. BUT! I would love to have it for free! ;)
ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts
Its a great game... but I rather wait 6 month or more to get it cheap... there are enough games for 2007 that I rather buy than this one...
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#47 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I will proabably rent it. Team Xbox gave it a 7.8 and I think IGN was an 8. Those are the only credible sources I have found that have reviewed it. Waiting for Gamespot to review it.