Jeff Gerstmann...We'll Miss You

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Well thats it, jeff gerstmann is gone, fired, gamespot is no more. all because CNet payed so god damn much advertising for Kayne and Lynch and because Jeff had the balls to say that it was an awful game, he is no more. please feel free to leave your sentements, anger rants and don't take this injustice lying down
Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
Who?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaoscougar1
ummm chief editor (now previous)for gamespot? reviews all the big games? been on on the spot many times, tournament TV host....umm should the list go on?
manthissucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 manthissucks
Member since 2003 • 78 Posts

Jeff was the most bad*** editor this site has seen. all his reviews were bold, honest and freaking flat out down to earth.

He might be gone, his video review might have been taken down, but Kane and Lynch will still remain a crappy game...

AstraNoString

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 AstraNoString
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts

It's nice to know that I can no longer trust any reviews done here at gamespot!!! Apparently the GS review score no longer reflects the quality of a game, but provides us with a score as to how much money the publisher is paying to advertise on the site. It looks as if my paid gamespot membership is now useless, and I must look else where for my game reviews.

Jeff you will be missed.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chaoscougar1
the worst part of this is the irony. people expect reviews to be unbiased and sure the person who reviews them will always have different opinions depending on what they like, but it should never be affected bya business trying to sell the game, thats just insane. and now jeff is fired because he excersised his freedom of speech and right/his job to give an unbiased review. well done cnet
HVPinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 HVPinc
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

Well thats it, jeff gerstmann is gone, fired, gamespot is no more. all because CNet payed so god damn much advertising for Kayne and Lynch and because Jeff had the balls to say that it was an awful game, he is no more. please feel free to leave your sentements, anger rants and don't take this injustice lying downchaoscougar1

I loved Jeff cause he was the only editor i saw who had teh balls to rate hyped games honestly adn could take a hit. But one question. Whats your source? You know with the cnet firing him thing???

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Goodbye Jeff...:(
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Goodbye Jeff...:(RHCP87
cupNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 cupNoodles
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
ugh bye jeffy.
xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
soon the population on gamespot will go down so much, they'll have to bring back Jeff
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaoscougar1

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/alleged-gamespot-employee-spills-guts-on-valleywag-328797.php

for one, but im sure if u google it, ull find others

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chaoscougar1

keeping this thread alive

camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts
Jeff is a very cool dude and someone whose reviews I respected. A huge part of why gamespot has been worth my time.Something very wrong is happening here. Whomever this Josh Larson guy is.......well.....:!
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
Gamespots gonna fall... now all the reviewers will be woried about losing there job so every game we see will be 8-10 so prepare to see oxm online
---n00b_kid---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ---n00b_kid---
Member since 2007 • 803 Posts

Well thats it, jeff gerstmann is gone, fired, gamespot is no more. all because CNet payed so god damn much advertising for Kayne and Lynch and because Jeff had the balls to say that it was an awful game, he is no more.chaoscougar1

you mean Eidos paid a lot of money for advertising, not CNet.

ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts

i'll miss you buddy!! man jeff was the coolest dude on this damn website. HE is the only REason why i tune in to "ON the SPOT" every single thursday to watch. he's funny, bold , UNBAISED, and honest. CNET sucks. and guys i don't think our reviews can be trusted anymore on this LAME site. bye jeff. hope you will find a better place. other then gay Cnet and gamespot.

CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts
bullcrap.. i must say.. i didnt much like the guy he wasnt my fave but he was real... and you know thats something anyone can respect... he can start his own team if you ask me i'll join up on his site...
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

It's nice to know that I can no longer trust any reviews done here at gamespot!!! Apparently the GS review score no longer reflects the quality of a game, but provides us with a score as to how much money the publisher is paying to advertise on the site. It looks as if my paid gamespot membership is now useless, and I must look else where for my game reviews.

Jeff you will be missed.

AstraNoString
This makes me so happy I did not become a paid member here at Gamespot which I was just going to do next week, I will no longer trust any reviews that's put up by Gamespot..plain and simple!!
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts
[QUOTE="AstraNoString"]

Jeff you will be missed.

gamer082009

This makes me so happy I did not become a paid member here at Gamespot which I was just going to do next week, I will no longer trust any reviews that's put up by Gamespot..plain and simple!!

I feel like I was robbed. I became a paid member of this site for biased information.

faisal_a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 faisal_a3
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
Gamespot need this kind of ppl....Jeff Gerstmann is honest.Kane and lynch is realli boring and it suck! At least jeff gerstmann is honest than giving fake reviews....tat is worst!

We Miss You Jeff Gerstmann :(
verde622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 verde622
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
This is totaly bullcrap. What ever happened to freedom of the press?
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

This is totaly bullcrap. What ever happened to freedom of the press?verde622

your mixing up issues here. this is because gamespot wanted money and the developers almost pulled their funding from gamespot (it was for a lot of money) because of jeffs review of the game. gamespot gave in and got rid of jeff to keep the money.

Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
Owned. Long time coming.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Well thats it, jeff gerstmann is gone, fired, gamespot is no more. all because CNet payed so god damn much advertising for Kayne and Lynch and because Jeff had the balls to say that it was an awful game, he is no more. please feel free to leave your sentements, anger rants and don't take this injustice lying downchaoscougar1

I'm glad he's gone.

He's a loser. That's why they fired him.

He gave Halo 3 a 9.5......even though it's complete garbage.

I would rather play Kane and Lynch all day long then play one minute of Halo 3.

Thank GOD Gamespot had the balls to fire this jerk. ;)

darthisaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darthisaki
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
Reviews will never be the same again, now that Jeffs departed.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts

Jeff was the most bad*** editor this site has seen. all his reviews were bold, honest and freaking flat out down to earth.

He might be gone, his video review might have been taken down, but Kane and Lynch will still remain a crappy game...

manthissucks
Kane and lynch wasm a good game, people need to stop defending Jeff, he was a terrible reviewer when he was here, and hes still a terrible reviewer when hes gone.
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]Well thats it, jeff gerstmann is gone, fired, gamespot is no more. all because CNet payed so god damn much advertising for Kayne and Lynch and because Jeff had the balls to say that it was an awful game, he is no more. please feel free to leave your sentements, anger rants and don't take this injustice lying downParadiseAwaits

I'm glad he's gone.

Your ignorance astounds me. You really fail to see the bigger point here. Have fun reading your management driven, money driven, biased company-speak reviews from now on.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I think it sucks that Jeff is gone, but I'm never going to leave the site just because a reviewer leaves.
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ps2forever

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]Well thats it, jeff gerstmann is gone, fired, gamespot is no more. all because CNet payed so god damn much advertising for Kayne and Lynch and because Jeff had the balls to say that it was an awful game, he is no more. please feel free to leave your sentements, anger rants and don't take this injustice lying downParadiseAwaits

I'm glad he's gone.

what the hell do you mean halo3 was a complete gargabe? did you ever play it before.or even touch the game? your ignorance is out of control. learn how to grow up kid. halo3 has nothing to do with it. i agreed with jeff. the game did deserved a 9.5! so yea.

ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ps2forever
[QUOTE="manthissucks"]

soulfood4

Kane and lynch wasm a good game, people need to stop defending Jeff, he was a terrible reviewer when he was here, and hes still a terrible reviewer when hes gone.

Kane and Lynch , is NOT a good game. that game fails. i'm sorry. unless you must be somebody form Cnet trying to DEFEND that game. so yea.....

theguitarhero6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theguitarhero6
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
Jeff was my favorite reviewer i will miss him
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts
Sad to see Jeff gone. Jeff was a man who told it like it was. Evidently Lamespot didn't like that, and we see how they responded! GAMESPOT= LAMESPOT!
Arbiter1237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Arbiter1237
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]Well thats it, jeff gerstmann is gone, fired, gamespot is no more. all because CNet payed so god damn much advertising for Kayne and Lynch and because Jeff had the balls to say that it was an awful game, he is no more. please feel free to leave your sentements, anger rants and don't take this injustice lying downlockjaw333

I'm glad he's gone.

Your ignorance astounds me. You really fail to see the bigger point here. Have fun reading your management driven, money driven, biased company-speak reviews from now on.

I agree. Jeff was the only point to even bother with GS reviews. Now that he is gone, many GS users will leave and Cnet will be rightfully screwed.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
He was the kind fella who would be all "I'll say a game is bad because everyone says it's good", imo (see twilight princess... an 8.8? Get outta here.). I either liked his reviews or hated them. I surely won't miss him, and neither willCnet apparently.I don't come to GS for the reviews anymore, and the Mass Effect blunder has further solidified my stance. Stay for the forums, go elsewhere for reviews. That's my new GS motto =P
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
Even though some of his reviews pissed me off (games that I were hyped for that he rated below what I expected, lol. :P) he was really the most honest, unbias reviewer on this site. Well goes to show you how money can affect anything.
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
Gamespot has never been credible, I never liked him and keep this out of the 360 boards.
ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
even though i didnt always agree with his opinion, at least it was honest, or seemed so....kinda makes you wonder who will go next...greg, then carrey, then rich, then jeff and tim.....if alex or ryan leave gs is done....and it already in pretty bad shape....also, i wonder if theyll still keep doing on the spot??or if itll even be any good??either way, this shows a loss of integrity at cnet, and surelly their fanbase will drop significantly now...
ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
....and i find it amazing that he was in a ska band....he just gained a ton of more respect from me...
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

It seems like mixed opinions here. I haven't followed his reviews too closley but I have given up on the reviews here for quite some time.

I did enjoy Jeff on "On the Spot" though.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

who cares he sucked

FearNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FearNinja
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts
I am cancelling my subscription.
Dorkisnorkis92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dorkisnorkis92
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts
Well then goodbye everyone here. I am NEVER coming back to this joke of a site again.