It's taken an Xbox for me to realise how good HDTVs are!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Razieluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Razieluk
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts

I've obviously seen HDTVs on sale for a long time, but apart from the colour being a bit brighter I could really see any difference.

Then I was in Curreys the other day and they had a game on the Xbox linked to an HDTV and WOW!! I was stunned at the sharpness, etc.

Now, of course, I'm saving the pennies to get an HDTV for my beloved Xbox.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

:)

HDTV's are one of those things you don't really see the need for until you see one side-by-side with a SDTV, and the picture just blows you away. I don't have a HD signal for regular TV, so only use mine for my 360, but the difference is fantastic.

Save up and buy yourself a decent brand TV. It may cost a bit more, but a good quality picture is the most important thing.

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts
Yea.same case with me...i truly understood what all the fuss about HDTV's was when i first played Gears of War on it!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
For me, it was a no-brainer. But it was when I went from a component cable to an HDMI that was the defining moment that made me go WOW! What a huge difference!
ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

For me, it was a no-brainer. But it was when I went from a component cable to an HDMI that was the defining moment that made me go WOW! What a huge difference! Elann2008

Lay off the crack. Component too HDMI the diffrence is negligible.

It's like comparing Apples to apples, get real...

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]For me, it was a no-brainer. But it was when I went from a component cable to an HDMI that was the defining moment that made me go WOW! What a huge difference! ackr1TE

depends on the tv, but espieally if ya got a ps3 the difference is loads from the component to the hdmi definetally. its like sharpness of vga with colour of component
anubis9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anubis9109
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
I worked beside a Curry's in the summer, and every day I went in to look at the HDTVs and compare them. Bought myself a nice 32" Samsung just for my 360.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Once you go HD, you can never go back.
HazeVJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HazeVJ
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
I realized how great HDTVs are when I finally got a cable package that included all the HD channels. Now I hate it when I have to watch something on a non-HD channel, whereas before I didn't really know what I was missing.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]For me, it was a no-brainer. But it was when I went from a component cable to an HDMI that was the defining moment that made me go WOW! What a huge difference! ackr1TE

Wow, you have no clue do you? When I went from component to HDMI cable on my HDTV the difference is huge. I have a 32" Samsung 720p, 1080i. For me, it was a big difference. And like the gentlemen said above, it depends on the TV. And it so happens that the picture quality improved greatly for my TV. You didnt have to be rude you know. If anyone's on "crack" it would be you for making such a dumb comment. Seeing that you cant spell, I wont even waste my time arguing with you. Who uses words like crack to insult people? I guess the guy who invented HDMI was on crack as well. He didnt know any better. First of all, do some research.

ObjectiveTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ObjectiveTruth
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="ackr1TE"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]For me, it was a no-brainer. But it was when I went from a component cable to an HDMI that was the defining moment that made me go WOW! What a huge difference! Elann2008

Yeah, i have a HD projector and it just seems that the 360 can't handle convert the output properly on a Monitor sometimes. I used VGA for a long time but once i put HDMI OMG it was like night and day. THe VGA had a blurring effect as if the screen was constantly being like ANit-Aliased like 30x now its SUPER sharp

Wow, you have no clue do you? When I went from component to HDMI cable on my HDTV the difference is huge. I have a 32" Samsung 720p, 1080i. For me, it was a big difference. And like the gentlemen said above, it depends on the TV. And it so happens that the picture quality improved greatly for my TV. You didnt have to be rude you know. If anyone's on "crack" it would be you for making such a dumb comment. Seeing that you cant spell, I wont even waste my time arguing with you. Who uses words like crack to insult people? I guess the guy who invented HDMI was on crack as well. He didnt know any better. First of all, do some research.

Yeah I have an HD projector and I had VGA hooked up to it and it looked good but was very blurry like the signal was not being converted properly (i also had this problem when i had my 360 hooked up to my 24' monitor too.

I switched to HDMI and the difference is like night and Day. However, like you said it depends on the monitor/TV you use. Some can convert it faithfully some can't but damn is it ever sharp now!

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I've switched between HDMI and component on a PS3 and barely notice any difference.

I think the main reason people claim there is a difference is down to how their specific TV is setup. Each input has its own settings, where you can play around with the colour levels, brightness, contrast etc, so even on a TV with two component inputs, or two HDMI inputs, if you change the settings of each input, you can change the picture.

Since Component and HDMI are naturally two different input, chances are the TV doesn't have identical settings for both.

zquare_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zquare_eyes
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
i agree on the component vs. hdmi. the difference is negligible although i haven't test w/blu-ray yet. i can never go back to sdtv, especially now that i have hgtv in hi-def. watching 'house hunters' in hd is like actually being there in that house with that stupid couple commenting on closet space and the size of the bathrooms. so awesome! =)
ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
From:Elann2008 Sent: Apr 22, 2008 3:17 pm GMT Subject: Hi

"Lay off the crack. Component too HDMI the diffrence is negligible. It's like comparing Apples to apples, get real..."

Thanks for the comment buddy. That's why you have no friends on gamespot, and you probably dont have any in real life. You're a real jerk. Get a clue and get a life. I have reported you to moderators for using obscene language. I hope you succeed at life. Bye jerk.

------------

LOL, major nerd^.