Is This Another Madden Curse?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHallWay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHallWay86
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

So I've been watching ESPN lately, you know getting a head start on the upcoming NFL season. And I see all this talk about Bret Favre, how he wants to come out of retirement. Good news for Farve fans, only thing is he wants to go to another team. This is where things get weird. The Packers won't release him from the team and if he does come back he won't start. So now he's running around trying to figure out what to do. Then it hit me, Favre is on the cover of Madden 09. I thought the Madden curse was dead. Everyone said "If there is such thing as a Madden curse, Farve should be safe since he doesn't play anymore." True, but soon as football crossed his mind the curse strikes again. You can almost see Madden standing over bubbling green goop laughing loudly as the steam rises from the pot. I thought madden loved Bret Favre. I guess the thought of him leaving the game was too much for him.

LegendKiller04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LegendKiller04
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts
Wait, I thought the Packers were looking for a good deal for Brett. Either way, the only bad thing that could happen to him is if he gets a/injured or b/throw even more interceptions.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
Who cares, the guy is a cry baby anyway and can't make up his mind. His time is done, stop taking the fans for a ride and just retire for good already. Sick of that guy.
gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts

Sadly I think it is. I wanted him to comeback but he came back too late, the Pack has moved on, and hopefully if he gets traded to another team, the Madden curse kicks into full gear.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I don't know what the Green Bay Grocers problem is, they should just let him go and play where he wants. I hope he plays for a NFC north division team and beats them good.
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts

Not all Packer fans think him coming back is a good thing. Heck, they can't even do a proper support rally in their own city.

I don't think the Madden curse affects him, its affecting us this year because he won't go away the little selfish punk.

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
I've been a Packer fan since I was 6 (the first year Brett Favre started in Green Bay) and have been a diehard Packer fan since. He's been messing around with the Packers organization every off season for the past 3 years. Now he retires, cries etc, the Packers organization is forced to move on so are the fans. Now once it's close to training camp you want to play again. I'm sick of Favre thinking he's bigger than the team. Football is the ultimate team sport. If one person misses a blocking assignment or runs the wrong route, the play is foiled. I just want all of this B.S. to end and for the season to start.
kramer0024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kramer0024
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts
Stay at home and watch it on your TV BRETT!!!! Please!
patschamps04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 patschamps04
Member since 2005 • 96 Posts
Brett Favre is a complete and utter dumbass. He calls Childress and the Vikings offensive coordinator from his Green Bay Packer provided cell phone. And low and behold, the Packers brass just happen to check his cell phone records and what do you know? They found out he's been calling them. Gee, I wonder if they have a tampering issue here? The Vikings are now screwed because there's no denying it. It'll cost them a few draft picks. There's no friggin way the Packers are gonna let him walk and get nothing in return. Now they'll get an extra pick from the Vikings due to the tampering charge and the pick from whichever team he's traded to and it won't be in the NFC North. Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.