avinrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 avinrussell
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lg-43-4k-uhd-hdr-lcd-webos-smart-tv-43uj6200/11464652.aspx?

Im looking to buy a 4k tv for gaming, I was hoping if you can tell me if this tv has good specs for a gaming tv?

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 954 Posts

@avinrussell:

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uj6300

Purplepigfarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Purplepigfarm
Member since 2017 • 9 Posts

Looks good. Personally, I would spend a few extra bucks and get a samsung if you can still find them on sale, but that's just personal preference.

Jetsfan122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jetsfan122
Member since 2011 • 124 Posts

I bought this tv about a month ago from Best Buy for $279.00. I absolutely love it. Great picture and great speakers. Although , the tv is supposed to have HDR , on my Xbox one x settings , it says my tv is not HDR compatible .

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@Jetsfan122 said:

I bought this tv about a month ago from Best Buy for $279.00. I absolutely love it. Great picture and great speakers. Although , the tv is supposed to have HDR , on my Xbox one x settings , it says my tv is not HDR compatible .

Make sure to use the HDMI cable that came with the X1X, and try using different HDMI inputs on the tv. Not all inputs support everything that a TV "supports." Especially the lower end tiers.

@purplepigfarm said:

Looks good. Personally, I would spend a few extra bucks and get a samsung if you can still find them on sale, but that's just personal preference.

Samsung makes a nice screen, though I will point out something on the higher tiers. The QLED TVs from Samsung are stellar for movie watching. QLED is an LED screen with extra Quantum processing. (which DOES NOT help with things like input lag)

For gaming that is a different case as OLED from LG is superior. It is a relatively new type of display with no pixel response, no backlight bleed, and true black levels (each pixel is it's own light source) and overall less input lag. Especially if you look at the 2017 C7 from LG. Its basically the best TV available for gaming atm in its size classes.

Purplepigfarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Purplepigfarm
Member since 2017 • 9 Posts

@Lach0121:

@Lach0121 said:
@Jetsfan122 said:

Make sure to use the HDMI cable that came with the X1X, and try using different HDMI inputs on the tv. Not all inputs support everything that a TV "supports." Especially the lower end tiers.

@purplepigfarm said:

Samsung makes a nice screen, though I will point out something on the higher tiers. The QLED TVs from Samsung are stellar for movie watching. QLED is an LED screen with extra Quantum processing. (which DOES NOT help with things like input lag)

For gaming that is a different case as OLED from LG is superior. It is a relatively new type of display with no pixel response, no backlight bleed, and true black levels (each pixel is it's own light source) and overall less input lag. Especially if you look at the 2017 C7 from LG. Its basically the best TV available for gaming atm in its size classes.

Huh, interesting. That goes to show you how much I know about tv's lol. I think I would still pick it though. I have my tv in my living room and use it for everything - gaming, tv, movies, etc. If you are a serious gamer or movie watcher and want the best possible tv for that purpose don't listen to my advise xD.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Lach0121 said:
@Jetsfan122 said:

@purplepigfarm said:

Is it true that LG dims the TV when in game mode? Peak brightness of 700 nits or something sounds reasonable for an OLED, but how's the game mode?

I like the brightness of my 65" KS7005 and the input lag is low enough, BUT although I've gotten used to the motion blur as of now, it really bugged me at the start after I had gotten over the size difference of my old 42" TV. OLED TVs have like zero motion blur as far as I know, but they also cost a lot more, especially for a 65" which I've gotten used to now, can't go lower than that.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@avinrussell: One of the best budget TVs for gaming, according to rtings.com, is the TCL P607. For the price, it competes with other 4K TVs that are double or triple in price. At Best Buy, they have it (but it is called the P605, but this is the same model). You can get a 55 inch for $599 which is insane! (This is not a black Friday item). I just bought one about a week ago and I am very happy. In this price range, there is nothing that even remotely competes with this model.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@Epak_: Not sure about the brightness / gamemode for that model, LG's response is: "Compared to previous picture settings the picture may look darker, but in fact, the new PQ setting brings improvements in terms of HDR gaming experience. For users who prefer a brighter image, they can adjust the Dynamic Contrast setting of Game Mode.”

I could get a 55 inch (65 is too big for my application) from Amazon/Bestbuy for $1,600 this Black Friday. Next year OLED will be even cheaper, and more mature. (with higher quality results) That said I am still waiting till next Black Friday to get mine. I will probably get the successor to the C7 from LG. (which very well may be called LG C7 2018 model)

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Lach0121 said:

@Epak_: Not sure about the brightness / gamemode for that model, LG's response is: "Compared to previous picture settings the picture may look darker, but in fact, the new PQ setting brings improvements in terms of HDR gaming experience. For users who prefer a brighter image, they can adjust the Dynamic Contrast setting of Game Mode.”

I could get a 55 inch (65 is too big for my application) from Amazon/Bestbuy for $1,600 this Black Friday. Next year OLED will be even cheaper, and more mature. (with higher quality results) That said I am still waiting till next Black Friday to get mine. I will probably get the successor to the C7 from LG. (which very well may be called LG C7 2018 model)

Good to know, maybe I'll get an OLED in the future.