Is there anything that you like about your Kinetic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

juiceman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 juiceman77
Member since 2012 • 134 Posts

I really want the new white 360 with the Kinetic but I really can't justify buying something if I will have no need for it. Like is there really any good games for it and does it really make games funner like ME3? Also what all can the voice control do?

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

There is a new white 360? I thought all Slim models were black? Anyway my friends have Kinect and they think it's ok but nothing special. Alot of the games made for it are fun for about an hour and then you get bored, they don't have much depth to them honestly.

I can't speak for everyone, but I get the feeling that alot of Xbox owners are disspointed in Kinect. They were hoping for somthing more but it didn't delvier, alot of it's features seem kind of gimmicky like voice commands in Mass Effect or scrolling with your hand in menus, sure it's cool but it's not that big of a deal.

My 360 friends say they are a little dissapointed that most of MS's focus seems to be based around Kinect now than making new exclusive games for the system. But I think that will change later, I don't expect MS to do that forever and they have Halo 4 and Witcher 2 headed their way so they should be fine.

NaviJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaviJ
Member since 2012 • 137 Posts

There is a new white 360? I thought all Slim models were black? Anyway my friends have Kinect and they think it's ok but nothing special. Alot of the games made for it are fun for about an hour and then you get bored, they don't have much depth to them honestly.

I can't speak for everyone, but I get the feeling that alot of Xbox owners are disspointed in Kinect. They were hoping for somthing more but it didn't delvier, alot of it's features seem kind of gimmicky like voice commands in Mass Effect or scrolling with your hand in menus, sure it's cool but it's not that big of a deal.

My 360 friends say they are a little dissapointed that most of MS's focus seems to be based around Kinect now than making new exclusive games for the system. But I think that will change later, I don't expect MS to do that forever and they have Halo 4 and Witcher 2 headed their way so they should be fine.

ShadowMoses900
Yea my friends feel the same way...I feel the kinect kind of flopped, I would avoid it.
SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

I rather like the Kinect. Admittedly, I don't use a lot for actual gaming, but it can provide some fun in a group setting. I use my Kinect mostly for the voice controls. Since the Dashboard update, voice recognition has improved significantly for DB and app navigation. It also proved to be a useful tool for Mass Effect 3 since it allows voice commands with the Kinect. But these are my personal reasons for owning a Kinect. If you don't feel that the games for it are interesting or that voice recognition doesn't entice you, I would advise waiting for a White Slim sans Kinect.

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I really enjoy the Kinect. I got one for Christmas, and have really enjoyed having it. I have Gunstringer, Dance Central 2, Kinect Adventures, and Wipeout 2. My favorite thing about Kinect is that it has actually gotten my girlfriend to play video games with me. She would never try out any games with me, even casual games like those in the Lego series. But since getting the Kinect, she not only plays with me, but often asks to play. It's been a lot of fun. Is Kinect ever going to be a peripheral for hardcore games? No, but it's a lot of fun, and definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I dont really like my Kinect. I use it for voice commands on certain things. I hate the laggy hand response for menus. I tried the demo for the new Tiger Woods game, the ONE game i had some high hopes that Kinect would be really good for motion controls. I was severely disappointed. I will probably never buy another Kinect game.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

When ever I use it I enjoy it.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

what i liked.

able pause play, ect movies,

games kinect avantures, kinect sports is fun. if you like danceing, try just dance or dance central.

cons

games... ... microsoft need up the game. personally, kinect 2, i guess be waiting for that with the next xbox. kinect can be much faster and better with it's own processor, higher detail cameres, wide lens, to cut cut down on space,

idk about mass effect yet. price for mass effects has always decreased fast for 1 and 2 so i be waiting little for 3. as long as it can get voice camands right. i think it be great. if you ever played mass efect there are tons of options in the spin wheel.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I love that I don't own one.

ChiHeartily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiHeartily
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

It's a good thing that I don't have to own one to know what to and not to like about it.
In the hardcore gaming side, Kinect is horrendous.
In the more social and casual side of gaming, it is decent one especially if you are into working out, dancing, or have some kids at home.
I'll probably consider buying a Kinect once a "REAL" game with Kinect support gets release.