Is there a new Xbox coming out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ToyoGrip (25 posts) -
I heard ppl saying that there would be a Xbox in 2012... What do you think?
Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
#2 Posted by deactivated-589cfb21cbc03 (840 posts) -

first of all, thats just a rumor and second, since the ps4 is coming out around 2013 or 2014, i'd expect the new xbox to come out around the same time as the ps4 so i think the rumor about a new xbox in 2012 is false

#3 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -
Not in 2012 but 2013 is probable.
#4 Posted by DrD3V1L (2064 posts) -

Until Microsoft makes an official announcement there's no way of telling when the next xbox is being released.

#5 Posted by kungfuchaos (5643 posts) -

first of all, thats just a rumor and second, since the ps4 is coming out around 2013 or 2014, i'd expect the new xbox to come out around the same time as the ps4 so i think the rumor about a new xbox in 2012 is false

barry000

I dont really think the guys at MS are sitting in their meeting rooms saying that they cant realease a new console until Sony does! I would say that the next XBOX would be announced at E3 2012 with a release either that Fall or Spring 2013. Alot will depend on where the devs are on the games for MS's new console. Keep in mind that in all likelyhood, the next round of consoles atleast from MS and Sony will be pretty expensive at launch. My guess is that they will push past the $399 price point and will probably be $499 or higher. Technology is not cheap.

#6 Posted by Jdez15 (202 posts) -

barry000

Well I wouldn't say it's false...remember, the Xbox 360 came out a YEAR before the PS3. Which turned out to be a very good thing for Microsoft.

#7 Posted by xxKai (2689 posts) -

Maybe they'll show something, a teaser at 2012, but I highly doubt it. I doubt they'd even give us something solid in 2013, maybe late 2013, but I'm betting more towards 2014. Although with Project Cafe comin out so soon, both Microsoft and Sony might want to speed up their consoles :P

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
#8 Posted by deactivated-589cfb21cbc03 (840 posts) -

[QUOTE="barry000"]

Jdez15

Well I wouldn't say it's false...remember, the Xbox 360 came out a YEAR before the PS3. Which turned out to be a very good thing for Microsoft.

but you also gotta remember that the reason the xbox 360 came out a year before ps3 was because sony was putting the blu ray player into all the ps3's while microsoft only put a hd dvd player in the xbox 360 and since theres no more hd dvd player or hd dvds (thanks to the sony blue ray player), i bet microsoft will try to put the blue ray player in the new next xbox console

#9 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jdez15"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

but you also gotta remember that the reason the xbox 360 came out a year before ps3 was because sony was putting the blu ray player into all the ps3's while microsoft only put a hd dvd player in the xbox 360 and since theres no more hd dvd player or hd dvds (thanks to the sony blue ray player), i bet microsoft will try to put the blue ray player in the new next xbox console

The Xbox 360 came out before the PS3 because it was in development earlier. And from what I've read MS is in early stages of development for the next console (ahead of Sony...again).
#10 Posted by Beachedlapiz (25 posts) -
i honestly dont think they need a whole new xbox, they just came out with the new style of it and knect, im all good, but i do think they could improve the 360 alot, like instead of twitter and facebook apps, why not a browser ? i mean, theyre all tied up to windows and everything. just my opinion.
#11 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce one at E3 next year. I really hope they decide to use Blu-ray.