Is the xbox 360 built the same way as PS3 in terms of online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
What i mean is, ok Xbox 360 has online seemiessly intergeated into the console, meaning the consoles online is there, you dont need to click on start xbox live.. its all there, marketplace, arcade all built into the interface. My question is, does playstation 3 have internet seemlesly intergerated to the playstation 3 or is it a seprate function like the dreamcasts?
Avatar image for masterchief2371
masterchief2371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 masterchief2371
Member since 2004 • 1415 Posts

What i mean is, ok Xbox 360 has online seemiessly intergeated into the console, meaning the consoles online is there, you dont need to click on start xbox live.. its all there, marketplace, arcade all built into the interface. My question is, does playstation 3 have internet seemlesly intergerated to the playstation 3 or is it a seprate function like the dreamcasts?Phantsy16

Locked, please read before you post, this belong to system wars forum.

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SgtSilock

[QUOTE="Phantsy16"]What i mean is, ok Xbox 360 has online seemiessly intergeated into the console, meaning the consoles online is there, you dont need to click on start xbox live.. its all there, marketplace, arcade all built into the interface. My question is, does playstation 3 have internet seemlesly intergerated to the playstation 3 or is it a seprate function like the dreamcasts?masterchief2371

How rediculus all i asked was a bloody question not start a 'war'.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
[QUOTE="masterchief2371"]

[QUOTE="Phantsy16"]What i mean is, ok Xbox 360 has online seemiessly intergeated into the console, meaning the consoles online is there, you dont need to click on start xbox live.. its all there, marketplace, arcade all built into the interface. My question is, does playstation 3 have internet seemlesly intergerated to the playstation 3 or is it a seprate function like the dreamcasts?Phantsy16

Acually you should of posted it in PS3 forum as PS3 owners like me are the only ones whom can tell you. 

And PSN / PSStore is intergrated into PS3 ... you turn on PS3 it logs u onto PSN ( if u have autolog-in active)
     U have a Network and Friends "tab" on the XMB ( Xross Media Bar )
       The network tab lets you access - Online Intruction tutorials, Remote play with PSP, Internet Browser, Playstation Store and Folding@HOME + Download Management(only if you currently downloading 1 or more items)
      The Friends tab lets u - add friends, view players met, start new chat, acess messages / create messages, access account management and see which friends of yours are online ...

piemister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 piemister
Member since 2006 • 604 Posts
u have wireless internet the ps3 picks it up you register your ps3 and you have free online play.
SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SgtSilock
[QUOTE="Phantsy16"][QUOTE="masterchief2371"]

[QUOTE="Phantsy16"]What i mean is, ok Xbox 360 has online seemiessly intergeated into the console, meaning the consoles online is there, you dont need to click on start xbox live.. its all there, marketplace, arcade all built into the interface. My question is, does playstation 3 have internet seemlesly intergerated to the playstation 3 or is it a seprate function like the dreamcasts?choasgod

Acually you should of posted it in PS3 forum as PS3 owners like me are the only ones whom can tell you.

And PSN / PSStore is intergrated into PS3 ... you turn on PS3 it logs u onto PSN ( if u have autolog-in active)
U have a Network and Friends "tab" on the XMB ( Xross Media Bar )
The network tab lets you access - Online Intruction tutorials, Remote play with PSP, Internet Browser, Playstation Store and Folding@HOME + Download Management(only if you currently downloading 1 or more items)
The Friends tab lets u - add friends, view players met, start new chat, acess messages / create messages, access account management and see which friends of yours are online ...

Wow, sounds really cool. Might have to pick up one, how much does it cost a month/year?
tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
Its free..
-MoOkS-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -MoOkS-
Member since 2006 • 528 Posts
when u start the ps3 up its like windows how u logg into ur user ...then from there u go across to the freinds part to the right and click sign in then ur in...from there u can start video chat with a freind or talk through the headset or just send messeages then across from that theres the ps store and the online web browser