Is the gamer spotlight on the dashboard, fake?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I was wondering, because the current feature gamertag is PMS Stargirl. It says her favorite multi-player is Halo Reach, favorite single player is Condemned.

She has been subscribed to XBL for 5 consecutive years, and has just under 6,000 gamer score. Kinda odd for a 5 year vet to have just 6,000 gamer score right?

Well, I compared games with her. (I have a library of 50 360 titles retail alone, let alone the dozens more I've rented and at least gotten 1 achievement in) and she has no achievements whatsoever when I compare games, WTF?

She has none for Halo Reach. If a person played even the smallest amount of reach to enjoy its multiplayer, they'd get some achievements. Same goes for her favorite single player game, Condemned.

It says she hasn't been offline for too long, but I wonder, is this a fake profile made by MS or something? I mean, 6000k gamer score is very low for someone who possibly has had a 360 since launch, has Halo Reach as their favorite game but has no achievements for ANYTHING

Am I missing something here?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I was wondering, because the current feature gamertag is PMS Stargirl. It says her favorite multi-player is Halo Reach, favorite single player is Condemned.

She has been subscribed to XBL for 5 consecutive years, and has just under 6,000 gamer score. Kinda odd for a 5 year vet to have just 6,000 gamer score right?

Well, I compared games with her. (I have a library of 50 360 titles retail alone, let alone the dozens more I've rented and at least gotten 1 achievement in) and she has no achievements whatsoever when I compare games, WTF?

She has none for Halo Reach. If a person played even the smallest amount of reach to enjoy its multiplayer, they'd get some achievements. Same goes for her favorite single player game, Condemned.

It says she hasn't been offline for too long, but I wonder, is this a fake profile made by MS or something? I mean, 6000k gamer score is very low for someone who possibly has had a 360 since launch, has Halo Reach as their favorite game but has no achievements for ANYTHING

Am I missing something here?

darth-pyschosis

6,000,000 gamerscore is not small...

but otherwise, it does seem a little suss, probs just fake accounts created by MS :P

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
You can hide your achievements from others, I believe.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i wouldnt say its fake but more like they are just picking people at random.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chaoscougar1
You can hide your achievements from others, I believe. RoslindaleOne
even if that is the case, and it is actually a real person. Someone with 6000 gamerscore over 5 years is not someone i would have in the gamer spotlight, there are hunreds of thousands of better candidates
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
Must be ranked at the top of a leaderboard in a game...otherwise there are plenty of other candidates that would be better.
Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
Supposedly you have to be nominated for the spotlight and then M$ picks from there. You can block other people from seeing your achievements and friends. However, this person has to be a pretty casual gamer to only get 6k gamerscore. My wife has almost 3k and plays very very sparingly and she has only had her account maybe 1.5 years.
JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

One of my Xbox Live friends was in the gamer spotlight once, so I'm fairly certain that it is real. (Unless my XBL friend is fake!)

You can hide your achievements so that only friends can see them. And if someone only plays a couple games, s/he isn't going to have a large gamerscore. Doesn't make him/her any less of a "gamer".

Plus, the PMS clan is pretty large and I don't think they would allow someone to pretend to be a Halo community manager.

Also:

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

One of my friends was on it so no it's not fake. Some people just don't care about gamerscore and some people prefer to just sink a lot of time into one game instead of constantly swapping and a game maxes out at 1000G (not counting dlc) so those people tend to have low gamerscores.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 374

#11 Uncanny_Doom
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]You can hide your achievements from others, I believe. chaoscougar1
even if that is the case, and it is actually a real person. Someone with 6000 gamerscore over 5 years is not someone i would have in the gamer spotlight, there are hunreds of thousands of better candidates

Why would the gamerscore matter? Not everyone plays games for achievements.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]You can hide your achievements from others, I believe. Dan_Lionheart

Why would the gamerscore matter? Not everyone plays games for achievements.

get less than 1000 gscore a year is not a difficult task, can be achieved by getting a few games most basic achievements. sounds fairly casual...unless also she owns is reach and/or CoD and has put a couple thousand hours into that
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
I have a friend on my friends list who has had gold for 6 years and only has around 1 or 2k gamerscore.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chaoscougar1
I have a friend on my friends list who has had gold for 6 years and only has around 1 or 2k gamerscore. 2ndWonder
does he ever play?
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I've seen people have been member for years but only own a few games and a lot of games with only 1 or none achievements.(rented) People that only buy halo and cod.
Myrkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Myrkwood
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts
I like how the people's profiles in the gamer spotlight were usually locked with "Code of Conduct" everywhere.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Yea, they're real. It was pretty funny a couple of months ago when the featured gamer had been modded on his profile. I remember they recently changed it to be more of an XBOX ambassador promotion, and they said it would only feature ambassadors in the future.
ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

Perhaps not. I have about 30k from a variety of games since launch and I actually don't play much. Some of my friends never bother digging out of the 3-7k range and they spend hours playing Forza 3, SFIV, Madden, Halo, Gears and COD everyday.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Yeah, some people do hide their achievements and only play a few games. If it was fake, there wouldn't be really much point and motivation for MS to do the gamer spotlight, to be honest.
thepmsstargirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thepmsstargirl
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hi all! It is real! I am the Community Manager for the PMS Halo div. I just found this and found it very entertaining! lol I only play Halo... and some Rockband... And I have had my account for the last 5+ years. I have been in PMS for almost 6 years. I dont care about GamerScore. I did for a short period during the Gamer Spotlight hide my info because the messages I was getting was out of control! Anyways thanks for the laugh!!!!! PMS Stargirl PMS Community Manager PMS Halo Div www.pmsclan.com Edit: Also I was not picked at random lol
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

While I don't think there is some kind of MS consipracy here, I'd believe that some of the people picked don't exist. I don't remember the name but I've looked up one of the spotlight people before and couldn't find them on xbox.com. Said the GT didn't exist.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

ive been a 360 member for about 5 years and dont even have over 10k Gamerscore. Gamerscore means absolutely nothing.

thepmsstargirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thepmsstargirl

While I don't think there is some kind of MS consipracy here, I'd believe that some of the people picked don't exist. I don't remember the name but I've looked up one of the spotlight people before and couldn't find them on xbox.com. Said the GT didn't exist.

firefox59
I cant speak for the ones featured before me, But I am real lol PMS Stargirl is my TAG!
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]I have a friend on my friends list who has had gold for 6 years and only has around 1 or 2k gamerscore. chaoscougar1

does he ever play?

LOL, You can't judge people based on their gamerscore. Some of us have significant others, jobs, and higher education to worry about :lol: . That said, I have been a member of Live since December and my gamerscore is 1700 and something. I game quite a bit, but my gamerscore is nowhere near the top of my list of priorities. I'm sure that Microsoft looks at various factors when choosing the spotlight person. Someone who has been a member of Live for a while, has a good player rating, makes a significant number of purchases, etc.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="firefox59"]

thepmsstargirl
I cant speak for the ones featured before me, But I am real lol PMS Stargirl is my TAG!

Well...there you go.
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

Gamerscore means nothing. CoD hasn't hadcompetitive multiplayerachievements (worth anything) since CoD 3. If you only played that series online you would have zero gamerscore, even if you've been a gamer for 4+ years. Even if you played CoD 3 you could stilljust not play ranked matches and never get achievements.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

thepmsstargirl

Lol ok you were telling the truth. :D

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="thepmsstargirl"][QUOTE="firefox59"]

Lol, it was nothing personal. I hadn't even looked at this week's spotlight. I was just commenting on the thread in general.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="thepmsstargirl"][QUOTE="firefox59"]

Lol, it was nothing personal. I hadn't even looked at this week's spotlight. I was just commenting on the thread in general.

How does that big ol' plate of crow taste buddy?
Rican-Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rican-Prodigy

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"]I have a friend on my friends list who has had gold for 6 years and only has around 1 or 2k gamerscore. Jurassic85

does he ever play?

LOL, You can't judge people based on their gamerscore. Some of us have significant others, jobs, and higher education to worry about :lol: . That said, I have been a member of Live since December and my gamerscore is 1700 and something. I game quite a bit, but my gamerscore is nowhere near the top of my list of priorities. I'm sure that Microsoft looks at various factors when choosing the spotlight person. Someone who has been a member of Live for a while, has a good player rating, makes a significant number of purchases, etc.

Yeah, you're so cool. We're all nerds who live alone with no jobs and dropped out of elementary school..
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jurassic85

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]
does he ever play?Rican-Prodigy

Yeah, you're so cool. We're all nerds who live alone with no jobs and dropped out of elementary school..

Your sarcasm is reiterating my point, lol. So uh....thanks?

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#33 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
mmm I hae gf who I see pretty often, I have an 8 hour job and plenty of csocial activities, still I have the time to play, so no, gamerscore is not related to the ammount of time someone has
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jurassic85
mmm I hae gf who I see pretty often, I have an 8 hour job and plenty of csocial activities, still I have the time to play, so no, gamerscore is not related to the ammount of time someone hasdoubalfa
+1 That was my point. Although they aren't completely uncorrelated. I would bet that someone who plays more has a higher gamerscore than someone who plays less, generally speaking. But as I said I've only been on Live since Dec. I'm married, have a job, and in school, and my gamerscore is 1775 at the moment.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#35 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
and also I think that it hugely depends on your fancy for games, if you play lots of single player games you're propense to increase gamerscore at a higher rate than if you dedicate most of your time to MP