Is Street Fighter 4 really that great ?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dragoniser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dragoniser
Member since 2005 • 80 Posts

I ve read a lot of reviews and all have good points .. i was just wondering what everyone here felt about the game .. Until now i ve only been a fan of the Tekken series .. Should i buy it or just wait for tekken 6 ?

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

I ve read a lot of reviews and all have good points .. i was just wondering what everyone here felt about the game .. Until now i ve only been a fan of the Tekken series .. Should i buy it or just wait for tekken 6 ?

Dragoniser

ummm....its pretty good buti got bored of it after a week or two....you should rent it first then if u like it buy it until Tekken 6 comes out...

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#3 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

well sure its great, but of course im going to tell you that as i prefer street fighter above all other fighting games, but its what you prefer. street fighter and tekken are totally different styles of beat em ups, you cant really compare them.

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

well sure its great, but of course im going to tell you that as i prefer street fighter above all other fighting games, but its what you prefer. street fighter and tekken are totally different styles of beat em ups, you cant really compare them.

joesh89

UFC 2009 is the best fighter out right now...

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#5 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

[QUOTE="joesh89"]

STARXWOLF

that's your opinion, but i really wouldn't class UFC with games like street fighter and tekken.

JGINQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JGINQ
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Yes

however, I love Tekken as well and I'm sure that's going to be just as great.

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

Street Fighter is great and has been one of my major favorites since SNES days. As great as this game is, I'd recommend renting/borrowing it first and see what you think, as you may not like it.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

If you love fighters, your going to like it, but seeing that you come from tekken, it sounds more like your play style may be suited for only Tekken and Soul Calibur Four.

Avatar image for LABoxingFighter
LABoxingFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LABoxingFighter
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

it's starting to get boring now. i'm actually thinking about selling it. anyone in the Bay Area want the Xbox 360 Ryu Fightpad/game, hit me up

tygr47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tygr47
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="joesh89"]

[QUOTE="STARXWOLF"]

[QUOTE="joesh89"]

that's your opinion, but i really wouldn't class UFC with games like street fighter and tekken.

agreed. SF4 is an awesome game. though i feel that UFC has changed fighting games for the better now. wouldnt shock me one bit to see some grappling or submissions incorporated into some future fantasy fighters.
lukeymonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lukeymonw
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
If you a street fighter fan from wayback then i think you'll love it. If you remember all the old moves you can jump right in and be able to use your old favorites. Using your old favs is also a good way to introduce you to the new combo, and special move systems as they are often a simple variation of the classic moves. Once your comfy you can take time to master the new characters, complete challenges, fight online and more. Personally I love it and can turn it on whenever i don't know what i want to play and have a blast.
Jaidyn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaidyn1
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts
ive only played it 5 times, i didnt injoy it as much as i thought i would have!
Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts
Street Fighter 4 is my favorite Xbox 360 game (ever).
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I've always been a Tekken fanboy and I never really liked the Street Fighter series. But SFIV has become one of my favorite fighting games.

purple_pride99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 purple_pride99
Member since 2008 • 825 Posts

I don't think so, but I've never really been a fan of fighters.

Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

I was disappointed with it. I enjoy fighters like Dead or Alive much better.

Of course, those are two very different games.

Will82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Will82
Member since 2003 • 256 Posts

its a good game but i was never good at street fighter. I sold it after owning it for about a month. Its the onlygame in a long time where I actually wanted to throw my controller at the tv, even on the easiest setting.

lessthan3james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 lessthan3james
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts
I actually really dislike it. Its unbelievably hard too. I was on the easiest difficulty and got owned. Street Fighter gamers must be crazy button mashers. :P
Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts
I actually really dislike it. Its unbelievably hard too. I was on the easiest difficulty and got owned. Street Fighter gamers must be crazy button mashers. :Plessthan3james
You're suck at it because you actually think the game is about button mashing.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I actually really dislike it. Its unbelievably hard too. I was on the easiest difficulty and got owned. Street Fighter gamers must be crazy button mashers. :Plessthan3james

Street Fighter isn't about button mashing. You learn combos and moves and what works better against who. You failed at it because you button mashed. The game is extremely easy on the easy difficulty.