Is ReadDead Redemption just GTA4 remade?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WEINER-GOBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WEINER-GOBLIN
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts

I am probably going to buy Red Dead but have neverlike GTA very much. Is Red Dead exactly like GTA? What are the differences

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

na... it have small designs like it run's on same engine but the way you play it no... unlike gta where you run around in a city jacking cars. and beating up people for money or just going on a rampage and run from the poilce every mission or trying kill a pimp but that don't happen in rrd unless you truly want to...

you play as a good guy who's set on revange for to kill his old gang members helping others to find the people you looking for... don't wanna say anymore due to story

Slipstream720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Slipstream720
Member since 2008 • 287 Posts

They have the same general gameplay mechanics, and they're both open world. And they both have similar online multiplayer.

criinok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 criinok
Member since 2006 • 1478 Posts

Exactlylike GTAIV? Well, one is set in the Wild West.. the other is set in a modern urban city. So no, I'd say they were extremely different

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

From a pure mechanics aspect both games play the same. They use identical controller layouts, similar graphics and they pretty much feel the same. But once you really start to play read dead you will see that it grows very far apart from being like gta. Riding horses and lassoing enemies to the ground is a blast. I love GTA4 but i love read dead so much more.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#6 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
No. RDR is a lot more unique than GTA 4. In RDR, you get to hunt! lol But yeah, I think RDR is a lot better than GTA 4. It's a really engulfing universe with a lot do and a lot to love about it.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i think red dead is a much better game than gta4. it doesn't seem as repetitive.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Most people overrate Red Dead to hell (including the critics). I was actually looking forward to it before most people even knew it existed, as I really enjoyed the first one. I was pretty disappointed by the end, because of how damn similar it was to GTA 4, and how much more boring it was. The way missions are set up is exactly the same as GTA 4 pretty much (big letter pops up on the map, you go to it and the person wants you to do their dirty work or complete a favor), the dialogue is a lot more boring, bland and dry, the characters are for the most part pretty annoying and just a nuisance, the world is a lot more empty and uninhabited (what do you expect though, it is the Wild West), the "random" events are only a handful, and becomes stupid after recovering a stolen horse for the 10th time, the cover system is even worse than GTA's, etc.

The online for the game is pretty fun at first, because of Free Roam, but then after playing for a while, you realize there really isn't anything to do other than grind Gang Hideouts, or just shoot at random people, which you can easily just do in Single Player. The team based modes are just really bad because they don't work well with the awkward controls of Red Dead, and people will just sit in one spot in cover the whole match.

Basically, if you don't feel like you played GTA 4 in a different time period after playing this, than you are either just in denial or are riding the bandwagon.

Even though I am critical of this game, I still think it was a decent one, just not great like people are making it out to be.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

Most people overrate Red Dead to hell (including the critics). I was actually looking forward to it before most people even knew it existed, as I really enjoyed the first one. I was pretty disappointed by the end, because of how damn similar it was to GTA 4, and how much more boring it was. The way missions are set up is exactly the same as GTA 4 pretty much (big letter pops up on the map, you go to it and the person wants you to do their dirty work or complete a favor), the dialogue is a lot more boring, bland and dry, the characters are for the most part pretty annoying and just a nuisance, the world is a lot more empty and uninhabited (what do you expect though, it is the Wild West), the "random" events are only a handful, and becomes stupid after recovering a stolen horse for the 10th time, the cover system is even worse than GTA's, etc.

The online for the game is pretty fun at first, because of Free Roam, but then after playing for a while, you realize there really isn't anything to do other than grind Gang Hideouts, or just shoot at random people, which you can easily just do in Single Player. The team based modes are just really bad because they don't work well with the awkward controls of Red Dead, and people will just sit in one spot in cover the whole match.

Basically, if you don't feel like you played GTA 4 in a different time period after playing this, than you are either just in denial or are riding the bandwagon.

Even though I am critical of this game, I still think it was a decent one, just not great like people are making it out to be.

Agreed, I couldn't of said it better.
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

^^^^ +2. it pretty much is GTA 4 in the wild west, with minor tweaks to fit the setting. its still fun for what it was though.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
The difference is the cars have less horse power. See what i did tharrr? :D
tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
I definitely like RDR better, and there are quite a few underlying differences between the two, i'd say give it a shot; you'll probably end up enjoying it.
Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

No

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

At it's core it is very similar to GTA4, but it's different enough to def. be it's own game

VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

I am probably going to buy Red Dead but have neverlike GTA very much. Is Red Dead exactly like GTA? What are the differences

WEINER-GOBLIN

It's GTA in the old west like Bully is GTA in school. Same stuff different setting.

MisterEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MisterEditor
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts

They are pretty similar, but then again that's pretty much to be expected.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Yeah, but Red-Dead, despite being so similar, manages to be so much better

gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
Red dead redemption is the sequel to red dead revolver for the xbox/ps2 but this game isnt even close to the original game and redemption has a really bad storyline and this stupid game was so posed to come out 2006 honestly this game deserves a 4/10
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Red dead redemption is the sequel to red dead revolver for the xbox/ps2 but this game isnt even close to the original game and redemption has a really bad storyline and this stupid game was so posed to come out 2006 honestly this game deserves a 4/10gundaicut

Brilliant review.

xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

Ive not played RDR yet,but if its like GTA then that cant be a bad thing

scouse_kid_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scouse_kid_94
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
It is similar, but in red dead you have the choice whether to play as the good guy or the baddie, you have an honor level, which if you do good things eg. intervening with a hold up or capturing criminals, then it goes up, making items in shops cheaper. However, if you help the bad guys out, then it goes down, and outlaws don't attack you. So there are similarities, as there would be because rockstar have made them both, there both the same genre and they use the same engine. Personally, i like rdr more as the challenges are fun and the jobs you can do are more fun than the jobs in gta4. A bit like saying all cheese is the same, you can tell its cheese, but you know its something different.