Is now THE time to sell off my Xbox?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Me_So_Nerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Me_So_Nerdy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Because I don't think I'd get a better value to put towards a next-gen console, whatever it may be. Also, where? To Gamestop for credit or on Ebay, where nobody will probably want to buy it?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
Better to keep it and save up for next-gen imo. I find it crazy to sell off your console and all of your games just to up to the next gen. Why did you invest in the console and the time to make that money for that stuff if you are just going to throw it away? (Not saying that you do). Next gen doesn't offer b/c, so unless you've already beaten all of your games and you don't want anything else on the xbox 360, then I guess go for it.
Avatar image for GlitchOnMyLevel
GlitchOnMyLevel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GlitchOnMyLevel
Member since 2013 • 136 Posts
GTA is just around the corner!! I plan to sell mine a month or 2 after next gen launch and start saving up. Most system launch games will be available on the 360 anyways.
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
I'd say keep it. Especially because the One is not backwards compatible. I'm keeping mine forever, and I'm dirt poor.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Because I don't think I'd get a better value to put towards a next-gen console, whatever it may be. Also, where? To Gamestop for credit or on Ebay, where nobody will probably want to buy it?Me_So_Nerdy

Sell your 360 because a new sytem is coming out....are you freakin kidding? Unless your REALLY pressed for money your not going to get any real value for it! A brand new 360 is pretty cheap now and their onlygoing to get cheaper over the next few months.

If the XB1 was backwards compatible I would say do it because you could enjoy playing all of your old games until some really great tittles come out for it!  So, enjoy your 360 cause it's not worth selling and just save up a little more to get the XB1.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Keep it u might regret selling it.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
The question to ask yourself is when you go next gen and are busy playing those games, will you ever want to go back and play old ones?
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#9 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I don't sell consoles because I don't enjoy losing money.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

id wait till the xbox one gets a killer app first

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

Still some great games coming out soon like GTA V and Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4. I'm sure AAA titles will release all throughout next year alongside the next gen versions. If you don't switch systems right away you can still benefit from owning a 360.

Also I'd like to point out that it was mentioned that it's possible to plug your 360 into the Xbox One and use it that way. I don't know exactly how that would work but it sounds interesting. Sounds like you'll be able to play 360 games using your X1 that way.

Me_So_Nerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Me_So_Nerdy
Wayl, as a college student, I'm fairly strapped for cash. That coupled with the fact that as of right now, I don't play it much anymore. However, once school starts and I stop working fulltime, I'll be gaming more, moreso when the new consoles come out. So, I mean, good arguments abound as to why I should keep it that I didn't really consider fully.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Wayl, as a college student, I'm fairly strapped for cash. That coupled with the fact that as of right now, I don't play it much anymore. However, once school starts and I stop working fulltime, I'll be gaming more, moreso when the new consoles come out. So, I mean, good arguments abound as to why I should keep it that I didn't really consider fully. Me_So_Nerdy

It's good that you got your priorities straight and I understand that you are strapped for cash, but as said before it's not worth selling.:).....So just enjoy the Box dude, its got plenty of life left in it!

Green_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Green_Chaos
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts
Because I don't think I'd get a better value to put towards a next-gen console, whatever it may be. Also, where? To Gamestop for credit or on Ebay, where nobody will probably want to buy it?Me_So_Nerdy
I would keep it as you can't play your 360 games on Xbox One...
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

I'm hanging on to mine. 

The new consoles aren't exactly blowing me away, and the launch lineups leave something to be desired. I don't see myself moving on for awhile. Depending on how much you game (what you've already played(, from here on out is going to be great for your wallet if you stay on the 360. If you've played everything you want to play I guess go ahead and sell it, but if you think you might miss some games you have on the 360 you may regret it. 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

u need the xbox 360 for gta v.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

I'd say hang on to it. XB1 will not be backwards compatible and there are still some great releases in-store for current gen consoles.

Zanman720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Zanman720
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

If it is anything like the life span of the PS2.....Then no. Xbox 360 may prove valuable in the future. 

jendres12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jendres12
Gamestop won't give you anything and eBay is way to unpredictable.... id hold on to it, if your like me you probably have some awesome times on that Box haha
Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts
Dude. I'll have money for the new Xbox. But I'm not selling my 360.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I have just got a 360 after years of playing PS3 for the exclusives that I have missed. So working through the Gears of War and Halo games.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11995 Posts

Yes it is.  I'll buy it for $20.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i dont sell my xbox 360 and ps3 for next gen system the reason GTAV dark souls 2 castlevania LOS 2 GT6 beyond two souls tales of xillia final fantasy 13-3 lighting return batman AO rayman legends splinter cell black list
Avatar image for SolitudeLunatic
SolitudeLunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolitudeLunatic
Nah. I wouldn't sale mine, hell, I still have my original Xbox. But if its something you're willing to do....then go for it?
I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

You will most probably be interested in GTA 5, but if not then you should just sell now.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Get rid of it now, the system will only depreciate in value at this point.

Sell it on amazon marketplace, ebay or craigslist where you get cash for it. Lamestop wont give you dick for credit compared to what you can sell it for.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

Get rid of it now, the system will only depreciate in value at this point.

Sell it on amazon marketplace, ebay or craigslist where you get cash for it. Lamestop wont give you dick for credit compared to what you can sell it for.

Gargus
It's already worth very little when you resell it. Why do it when a bunch of great games are coming out this fall? Might as well just keep it.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

craigslist

JohnTheGrudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JohnTheGrudge
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
I'd hang onto the XBox 360. GTA V will be better than any next gen title that's been announced and there's still dlc for Bioshock Infinite to come out. The forthcoming XCOM and Killer IS Dead games also look promising. If you're a Street Fighter fan there's Ultra to look forward to. I'd save for the next gen console and wait a bit longer for it.
bl00dline954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bl00dline954
Member since 2013 • 140 Posts
If all else fails you could try Craigslist but from my experience in looking last month, the best and safest way to go is Gamestop. Either way you really won't get much for it. Most people either already have one or are saving up to get a PS4 or XboxOne so they aren't interested in buying a 360 to most likely only play for 3 more months. But Gamestop does have some decent looking trade in promotions going on right now (probably because they know people want to trade their 360 in to get the One cheaper) so again, they may be your best bet if you go that route. I was going to as well but was able to pre-order the One on my credit card so I will just keep my 360 and maybe one day trade it in for future game purchase discounts or accessories for the One.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Nope. Too many excellent games that you probably haven't even played yet, plus you won't get a lot of money towards the next gen consoles. It won't even be worth it. Trust me, you'll be happy you kept your 360, I promise you that. 

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I'll sell mine when I know that there are no games this gen that I still want to play. I still need to play:

Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, GTA 5, Batman: Arkham Origins, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

After I'm done with all those, I can sell my PS3 and my 360 and enjoy the PS4 and later maybe the X1.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Save it!

Xbox one is not backward compatible!!