Is MW2 getting a third map pack ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FMX_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FMX_Gamer
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts

Do You think there will be a third map pack for MW2 with Black Ops coming out soon ?

Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Mrbojangles34
Member since 2006 • 8918 Posts
One can only hope not. I don't think Activision needs to steal another $15 out of players pockets.
Magstroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Magstroyer
Member since 2010 • 785 Posts
One can only hope not. I don't think Activision needs to steal another $15 out of players pockets. Mrbojangles34
^^^ I agree with this statement
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

I doubt it. Didn't they say there was going to be new specop missions through DLC before the game came out?

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#5 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
If it's $15, no one is gonna get it. That'd be $45 for a total of 9 new maps? They sure know how to do business.
Avatar image for LightningBright
LightningBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LightningBright
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts
This is what i have heard may be fake though. Maps: Oil rig, gulag, vertigo, wetworks and shipment
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
If it's $15, no one is gonna get it. That'd be $45 for a total of 9 new maps? They sure know how to do business.orb_03_2006
Apparently they do because people are still buying them.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

wetworks and shipment ?

An other rip off

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]If it's $15, no one is gonna get it. That'd be $45 for a total of 9 new maps? They sure know how to do business.Doomtime

Yeah, but I honestly think $45 MAY BE the limit. The only ones buying the maps, IMO, are little kids.....
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

Oilrig, Gulag, Vertigo, Backlot, and Crossfire

roscoedash23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 roscoedash23
Member since 2010 • 115 Posts
[QUOTE="Doomtime"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]If it's $15, no one is gonna get it. That'd be $45 for a total of 9 new maps? They sure know how to do business.orb_03_2006

Yeah, but I honestly think $45 MAY BE the limit. The only ones buying the maps, IMO, are little kids.....

I'm not a little kid but kinda owe it to myself to buy the map packs because I'm a legit 6th prestige and I need access to all maps, otherwise I would tell IW to kiss my ****
Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mrbojangles34
[QUOTE="roscoedash23"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="Doomtime"] Apparently they do because people are still buying them.

I'm not a little kid but kinda owe it to myself to buy the map packs because I'm a legit 6th prestige and I need access to all maps, otherwise I would tell IW to kiss my ****

This post makes no sense. Why do you owe it to yourself to give them money?
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
One can only hope not. I don't think Activision needs to steal another $15 out of players pockets. Mrbojangles34
^^
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
For the low price of $39.99
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I hope not.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="Mrbojangles34"][QUOTE="roscoedash23"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"] Yeah, but I honestly think $45 MAY BE the limit. The only ones buying the maps, IMO, are little kids.....

That's what I'm thinking...
Romayo83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#17 Romayo83
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts

Resurgence wasnt bad Stimulus was a complete ripoff. I bought both cause I used to play this game non-stop.

You do realize they sold millions from each DLC right? Highly doubtful they will release another map pack.

gordongoodri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gordongoodri
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I really doubt they will and if anything they will release a final map pack when Black Ops makes its debut. The Call of Duty series is trying to release a new game every 6-7 months or something ridiculous like that. They sure do know how to steal the money right out of the players pockets
Romayo83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#19 Romayo83
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts
I really doubt they will and if anything they will release a final map pack when Black Ops makes its debut. The Call of Duty series is trying to release a new game every 6-7 months or something ridiculous like that. They sure do know how to steal the money right out of the players pocketsgordongoodri
they release a title every november. Every game has DLC.
roscoedash23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 roscoedash23
[QUOTE="Mrbojangles34"][QUOTE="roscoedash23"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"] Yeah, but I honestly think $45 MAY BE the limit. The only ones buying the maps, IMO, are little kids.....

I owe it to myself to have access to all the maps so I can utilize all my classes ... it gets boring playing on the same maps knowing exactly how to work them to perfection, at least with all the maps you get caught by surprise with rotation.
Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mrbojangles34
[QUOTE="Mrbojangles34"][QUOTE="roscoedash23"]I'm not a little kid but kinda owe it to myself to buy the map packs because I'm a legit 6th prestige and I need access to all maps, otherwise I would tell IW to kiss my ****roscoedash23

I owe it to myself to have access to all the maps so I can utilize all my classes ... it gets boring playing on the same maps knowing exactly how to work them to perfection, at least with all the maps you get caught by surprise with rotation.

Maybe you've played so much CoD that its time to quit?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

How are they "stealing" their money? Do they have a private army that travels from house to how beating kids up and taking $15 from them? I highly doubt it so you are incorrect. Whether or not the maps are worth $15 depends on the person. There is no need to call them thieves just because you don't agree on the price. I haven't even bought the maps and don't plan on it because it is not worth $15 to me. So I guess they didn't come to my house and steal $15 from me yet. :roll:

Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mrbojangles34

[QUOTE="Mrbojangles34"]One can only hope not. I don't think Activision needs to steal another $15 out of players pockets. craigalan23

How are they "stealing" their money? Do they have a private army that travels from house to how beating kids up and taking $15 from them? I highly doubt it so you are incorrect. Whether or not the maps are worth $15 depends on the person. There is no need to call them thieves just because you don't agree on the price. I haven't even bought the maps and don't plan on it because it is not worth $15 to me. So I guess they didn't come to my house and steal $15 from me yet. :roll:

Sorry I apologize perhaps I should change my wording to "waste" another $15. And actually maybe its not the full $15. Either way, charging $15 for 5 maps is highway robbery. Thus my use of the word "steal". I apologize oh so heartfully for my use of that word. And I'm not just bitter because I felt ripped off or something I didn't buy them. The price is just BS to begin with.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I read somewhere that some higher up in Activision think that 60% of people that has a X-Box 360 use it to play CoD. SO to them even if a third get a new map pack then that is 20% of all with X-box 360. Then they expect the same person to get the new game.

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
Why do people even buy these map packs? Your just getting like rip off over 5 maps that will get old within 2 weeks, and half the maps (not all) are Remakes from COD 4, and I could pop in COD 4 If I wanna play that particular map. It's just ridiculous how people even do this.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
No one's forced to buy it. If people want to buy it, why do you care?
MrBubbles59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrBubbles59
Member since 2010 • 686 Posts

Oilrig, Gulag, Vertigo, Backlot, and Crossfire

JayQproductions

where did you hear this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
I owe it to myself to have access to all the maps so I can utilize all my classes ... it gets boring playing on the same maps knowing exactly how to work them to perfection, at least with all the maps you get caught by surprise with rotation.roscoedash23
Are you serious? Are you really going to pay $30+ just for that? "My game isn't fun enough, so I'll throw money at it." What a joke. Who said you couldn't just utilize all your classes on the default maps? It's one thing to be hardcore and another thing to waste money. You don't owe crap to anybody. Then again, level 1 poster, 2 posts, account created on the 12th. You's trollin'?
kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts

IW only planned for 2 map packs. They won't be making anymore.

roscoedash23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 roscoedash23
[QUOTE="roscoedash23"]I owe it to myself to have access to all the maps so I can utilize all my classes ... it gets boring playing on the same maps knowing exactly how to work them to perfection, at least with all the maps you get caught by surprise with rotation.bulletsword
Are you serious? Are you really going to pay $30+ just for that? "My game isn't fun enough, so I'll throw money at it." What a joke. Who said you couldn't just utilize all your classes on the default maps? It's one thing to be hardcore and another thing to waste money. You don't owe crap to anybody. Then again, level 1 poster, 2 posts, account created on the 12th. You's trollin'?

I got a lot of money so to say, I can afford two $15 map packs, and it's worth it in the end because me and my buddies play MW2 and BC2 every friday night. but of course this is the internet so whenever somebody posts an opinion that you don't agree with they are automatically trolling lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
[QUOTE="bulletsword"][QUOTE="roscoedash23"]I owe it to myself to have access to all the maps so I can utilize all my classes ... it gets boring playing on the same maps knowing exactly how to work them to perfection, at least with all the maps you get caught by surprise with rotation.roscoedash23

I got a lot of money so to say, I can afford two $15 map packs, and it's worth it in the end because me and my buddies play MW2 and BC2 every friday night. but of course this is the internet so whenever somebody posts an opinion that you don't agree with they are automatically trolling lol.

I have money, too. Plenty of it. Being rich or moderately well-paid doesn't mean you have to buy everything and it doesn't exempt you from being a poor/unusual spender. I do not see the logic being spending that much for a map pack. I don't see what BC2 has anything to do with it, either and I can't even fathom how a few maps that aren't made to fix the game's issues are worth half the amount of the game itself. I wouldn't and couldn't use my own buddies to justify spending that much. We don't have to agree, but it's safe to assume that low-level posters who've been on the site for less than 24 hours are troll accounts. Especially when the very first things they say are so absurd, they could be hosting a political talk radio show.
roscoedash23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 roscoedash23
[QUOTE="bulletsword"][QUOTE="roscoedash23"][QUOTE="bulletsword"] Are you serious? Are you really going to pay $30+ just for that? "My game isn't fun enough, so I'll throw money at it." What a joke. Who said you couldn't just utilize all your classes on the default maps? It's one thing to be hardcore and another thing to waste money. You don't owe crap to anybody. Then again, level 1 poster, 2 posts, account created on the 12th. You's trollin'?

I have money, too. Plenty of it. Being rich or moderately well-paid doesn't mean you have to buy everything and it doesn't exempt you from being a poor/unusual spender. I do not see the logic being spending that much for a map pack. I don't see what BC2 has anything to do with it, either and I can't even fathom how a few maps that aren't made to fix the game's issues are worth half the amount of the game itself. I wouldn't and couldn't use my own buddies to justify spending that much. We don't have to agree, but it's safe to assume that low-level posters who've been on the site for less than 24 hours are troll accounts. Especially when the very first things they say are so absurd, they could be hosting a political talk radio show.

I've been using this site since 2006, but I've never really felt the need to use the forum, I found it absurd that there are people like you who criticize people for spending money on things they enjoy so I decided to make an account and I speak my opinion, no were in my original post did I ever sound like a troll. I play games for fun, and more maps available make the game more fun for me. If you find fault with that maybe YOU'RE taking this video gaming stuff too seriously... and yes I fully expect for you to reply back once again with some sly comment saying that me being a first time poster some how makes me a troll lol. GMAFB
Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mrbojangles34
[QUOTE="Mrbojangles34"]One can only hope not. I don't think Activision needs to steal another $15 out of players pockets. Englando_IV
No one's forced to buy it. If people want to buy it, why do you care?

It just sucks when a developer/publisher doesn't show any loyalty to the customer who's already dropped $60-$70 on the game, by not charging a giant price for map packs that include already made maps that most people have played. Especially on a game thats already made a bazillion dollars, you'd think they could afford to not rip you off there.
deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

[QUOTE="bulletsword"][QUOTE="roscoedash23"]I got a lot of money so to say, I can afford two $15 map packs, and it's worth it in the end because me and my buddies play MW2 and BC2 every friday night. but of course this is the internet so whenever somebody posts an opinion that you don't agree with they are automatically trolling lol.roscoedash23

I've been using this site since 2006, but I've never really felt the need to use the forum, I found it absurd that there are people like you who criticize people for spending money on things they enjoy so I decided to make an account and I speak my opinion, no were in my original post did I ever sound like a troll. I play games for fun, and more maps available make the game more fun for me. If you find fault with that maybe YOU'RE taking this video gaming stuff too seriously... and yes I fully expect for you to reply back once again with some sly comment saying that me being a first time poster some how makes me a troll lol. GMAFB

I think what he is getting at, is that too him, your reason did not seem valid. Just because you have money does not mean you have to spend it. too me it does not make sense either. I only bought the first map pack because I enjoyed them when I played them at my friends house, and i enjoy the maps that they brought back.

roscoedash23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 roscoedash23

[QUOTE="roscoedash23"][QUOTE="bulletsword"] I have money, too. Plenty of it. Being rich or moderately well-paid doesn't mean you have to buy everything and it doesn't exempt you from being a poor/unusual spender. I do not see the logic being spending that much for a map pack. I don't see what BC2 has anything to do with it, either and I can't even fathom how a few maps that aren't made to fix the game's issues are worth half the amount of the game itself. I wouldn't and couldn't use my own buddies to justify spending that much. We don't have to agree, but it's safe to assume that low-level posters who've been on the site for less than 24 hours are troll accounts. Especially when the very first things they say are so absurd, they could be hosting a political talk radio show.deathshand707

I think what he is getting at, is that too him, your reason did not seem valid. Just because you have money does not mean you have to spend it. too me it does not make sense either. I only bought the first map pack because I enjoyed them when I played them at my friends house, and i enjoy the maps that they brought back.

My reason for buying the maps is not only because I have the money to buy them that was the reason why the cost didn't bother me, I already explained what was the true reasoning...if you guys are choosing to ignore that part then that's willful ignorance on your part.
drocka11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 drocka11
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
[QUOTE="Doomtime"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]If it's $15, no one is gonna get it. That'd be $45 for a total of 9 new maps? They sure know how to do business.orb_03_2006

Over a million people purchased the first map pack alone.... Dont be stupid. 15 dollars isnt that much, to people with a job, or who arnt cheap.
DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

If there is i probobly wont download it the last map pack was garbage

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

I doubt it, however I have seen some unofficial footage of a potential 3rd pack on YouTube. I think someone mentioned the maps above. From what I know, IW is pretty close to going under and are probably not going to make another.. I could be wrong though.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#39 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
[QUOTE="Mrbojangles34"]One can only hope not. I don't think Activision needs to steal another $15 out of players pockets. Magstroyer
^^^ I agree with this statement

1+ I also do.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#40 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Well even if they do there' s a 99.9% chance they won' t muster up the decency to put some Spec Ops missions in there so no buy for me.

Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

How are they stealing money? There not forcing players to grab the pack in anyway, people are simply spending their own money in order to get some maps. Sure its a rip off and that's why I don't buy the packs but i can still play the game without limitations.

As for the possibility of a third map pack, its unlikely but if there was going to be another one it would be in august.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
im pretty sure they will release one more
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#43 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
IW stealing your money? Ahem, you're the ones that are giving them your money..
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

More overpriced DLC YAY !!! .... Pass.:!: