Is Modern Warfare 2 really that horrible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Vault_Monkey
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

Hello,

Well, is it? No this is not a crazy fangirl thing, where I am fighting with you on how good it is. I just want to know what was so wrong with it for the simple fact that I want to buy it but I do not have a lot of money to waste. Can anyone tell me why it is so horrible? How down hill can it go from COD 4? Just seeking advice is all (from real people, not critics). :)

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts

Hackers, and campers, other than that i love it, still play it from time to time. If you are looking for a good multiplayer fps then gett bfbc2.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

Hello,

Well, is it? No this is not a crazy fangirl thing, where I am fighting with you on how good it is. I just want to know what was so wrong with it for the simple fact that I want to buy it but I do not have a lot of money to waste. Can anyone tell me why it is so horrible? How down hill can it go from COD 4? Just seeking advice is all (from real people, not critics). :)

Vault_Monkey

Honestly i got tired of it because i played the living heck out of CODMW 1. The campaign is kind of short but to be honest we all came for the multiplayer.The campaign is pretty good while it lasts though.

The multiplayer is better than CODMW 1, However you will get frustrated with some of the things that happen during multiplayer IE spawn deaths, campers, hackers, nuke boosters etc etc.

The multiplayer is the best out right now to be honest it just kind of wears on you once you do a 10th prestige in CODMW 1 and try to get another 10th in CODMW 2.

The game is great go out and get it just dont pay full retail price try a site that sells used games for cheaper IE ebay, amazon, half.com etc etc. Oh and be ready to get your butt handed to you because alot of pro clans play, i recommend using merc mode where you can't be in a set team.

People normally just complain because they play the game to dang much and get frustrated when they lose so they try to find ways of how a game is bad.

Also if a game is popular you are naturally going to have people flocking on it to be haters so they look "cool" for not liking something so many other people like. everyone has thier own opinion this is just mine of course.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
I enjoy the game. The multiplayer has problems, what makes it bad is that it can somehow be addicting and extremely frustrating at the same time. Though it is great fun with a friend or three. The single player mode is quite epic at times even though it may quite short. And the spec ops is fun for some split screen or online co-op. It's a fun shooter, not the best, but just fun.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

No it's not. It's awesome.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Fangirl? :oops:

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Fangirl? :oops:

dunl12496

^Oh no. Run TC. Run from this thread and never look back.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

TBH modern warfare 2 is an amazing game it's just the people that play it will make you hate it.

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

It's not a bad game. It has it's flaws, but what game doesn't. As far as the hackers go there is barely any on this game.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Its a fun game when there are not any campers, hackers, noob tubers, or anyone using anything extremely cheap, Which unfortunetely isnt that often :/

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

Exactly I usually get killed by those dudes running around with akimbo on rangers, or nube tubers , campers ,hackers and to sum it up cheap players.

Avatar image for Divided_We_Fall
Divided_We_Fall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Divided_We_Fall
Member since 2010 • 195 Posts

The people who play it are almost as obscene as people who play halo 3

The game is broken. Eg. One man army w/ noobtube, UMP45 ridiculously overpowered

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
isnt there a thread identical to this on the front page?
MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

What do you guys refer to as "hackers"? Explain to me please

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vault_Monkey

isnt there a thread identical to this on the front page?chaoscougar1
No, that thread is for people who feel attacked, it is a big argument over there, it tells me nothing. I am looking for feedback, they are defending and ridiculing over there.

kmart_43210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kmart_43210
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

I think the only things inherently wrong with MW2 are a) the ridiculous melee range, only made worse by commando, and b) OMA noobtubes (unlimited ammo). But those things can be gamebreaking at times...

Oh, and don't forgot the godawful spawn system.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2517 Posts

Who says it's horrible...

TechDubDoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TechDubDoob
Member since 2010 • 172 Posts

It's certainly not horrible. It just got really old for me really fast.

Mr_Unknown_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mr_Unknown_Man
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I found the campaign and Spec ops to be ok. Its the online multiplayer that's not so good. There are a few too many modders, campers, and people that kill you and are at the next spawn point before you even respawn. But if you are in a game with people that actually want to play a fair game it can be quite enjoyable.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I liked the single-player campaign even with the story plot holes. As to the multiplayer, there is a good amount of hackers and cheaters, but from what I've played, I haven't gotten too many of them.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

TBH modern warfare 2 is an amazing game it's just the people that play it will make you hate it.

Sn00pyBrown
quite true, quite true. Well, excluding all the bugs and balance issues
Jachael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jachael
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

Bad Company 2 is ten times better. MW2 is all visual and no guts.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
It's not a bad game. Some have complained about campers - it's a shooter, people camp. My only issue is spawn deaths which rarely happens, but can be annoying.
Venomkringe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#24 Venomkringe
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts

Its fun while it lasts, and most importantly if its your kind of game, if you like fast paced arcadey shooters, then its definitly for you

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

It is a fun game for a while but the maps are terrible and the respawns are just as bad it just gets old after a while.

Avatar image for Fallout3fan0330
Fallout3fan0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fallout3fan0330
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

It's awsome, just buy it, don't pay any attention to all the haters.

Avatar image for Fallout3fan0330
Fallout3fan0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fallout3fan0330
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

Jachael

Not a fact

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

[QUOTE="Jachael"]

Fallout3fan0330

Not a fact

indeed, i enjoyed both games, they are great in their own ways.

gam3r333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 gam3r333
Member since 2009 • 135 Posts

And you ppl only curse me for starting a thread with this topic ... great !!

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chaoscougar1

gam3r333
i was equal to you both, but she didnt copy someone elses review and try to pass it off as their own though...
gam3r333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gam3r333

[QUOTE="gam3r333"]

chaoscougar1

i was equal to you both, but she didnt copy someone elses review and try to pass it off as their own though...

Yes I did.. but can u tell me how can U hack into x box live while some 1 is playing MW2 ?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="gam3r333"]

gam3r333

Yes I did.. but can u tell me how can U hack into x box live while some 1 is playing MW2 ?

excuse me?
gam3r333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gam3r333

[QUOTE="gam3r333"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] i was equal to you both, but she didnt copy someone elses review and try to pass it off as their own though...chaoscougar1

excuse me?

Hey bartender if u can't understand then why don't u go je*k off .

u seem to be the son of shakespere or something that u need some pure english..yes i am from the UAE and i donno english much well as you Americans or Britishers..but atleast u can understand what I said..if u didn't then ur a fool and a noobie to internet ...others can understand then why can't you ?? are ya special??..are you some harvard grad trying to prove ur superior to others here..then ur a stu**d geek...all I wanted to say is that modern warfare is a good game and I copied that message from a diff forum so ppl would know how good that game is ..and why ppl are simply hating it ??

I just wanted ppl's opinion why they hate ..not some grammer spelling lessons..

are ya frustated with ur life or your bartender job ?? then go do your self. ppl will type how they want to this is a free forum and ur not even the mod .. so go and F your self GEEKO !

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

gam3r333

excuse me?

Hey bartender if u can't understand then why don't u go **** off .

u seem to be the son of shakespere or something that u need some pure english..yes i am from the UAE and i donno english much well as you Americans or Britishers..but atleast u can understand what I said..if u didn't then ur a fool and a noobie to internet ...others can understand then why can't you ?? are ya special??..are you some harvard grad trying to prove ur superior to others here..then ur a stupid geek...all I wanted to say is that modern warfare is a good game and I copied that message from a diff forum so ppl would know how good that game is ..and why ppl are simply hating it ??

whats a "noobie"

Edit :message edited for censorship *lulz*

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chaoscougar1
hahahahahahahahaha you seriously might want to delete that, you will get modded but for the record; shakespeare, British, at least, grammar lol **** that was a funny read, you kind of tried to insult me but didnt stick to a train of thought. im a geek, someone who cant understand english, a bartender and a hardvard grad...oh and im special. i seem to be a jack of all trades :P
Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vault_Monkey

hahahahahahahahaha you seriously might want to delete that, you will get modded but for the record; shakespeare, British, at least, grammar lol **** that was a funny read, you kind of tried to insult me but didnt stick to a train of thought. im a geek, someone who cant understand english, a bartender and a hardvard grad...oh and im special. i seem to be a jack of all trades :Pchaoscougar1
lmao, your post made my day:lol:

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vault_Monkey

gam3r333

excuse me?

u seem to be the son of shakespere or something that u need some pure english..yes i am from the UAE and i donno english much well as you Americans or Britishers..but atleast u can understand what I said..if u didn't then ur a fool and a noobie to internet ...others can understand then why can't you ?? are ya special??..are you some harvard grad trying to prove ur superior to others here..then ur a stu**d geek...all I wanted to say is that modern warfare is a good game and I copied that message from a diff forum so ppl would know how good that game is ..and why ppl are simply hating it ??

are ya frustated with ur life or your bartender job ?? then go do your self. ppl will type how they want to this is a free forum and ur not even the mod .. so go and F your self GEEKO !

Um...he is lv 40 and seems to have contributed all over the forums, how is he a noobie? I do not think he was giving you any grammar lessons either. Chill, you are going to get in trouble, its no big deal.

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

gam3r333

excuse me?

That was terrible. I hope you weren't trying to insult the man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Its an awesome game, and one of the best, if not the best shooters to come out this gen in terms of multiplayer. There really aren't that many hackers/glitchers anymore, infact there are hardly any but people get really angry over things like that.