Is Lost Planet a Lost Cause?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x360magnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 x360magnet
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

Hey I am a frequent reader of both OXM and GI and was wonderin if I should get Lost Planet. OXM said that the game was really good and interactive and stuff, but GI said that it wasn't all that good. What should I do? Is LP one of those games with a good storyline but bad gameplay. Or is it a really good game just with one bad reviewer? I need help with this cuz if i dont get LP then I think I gonna end up getting some MS points. What should I do????

BoobDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BoobDude
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts
lost planet is a pretty good game. about an 8 out of 10 in my book. the story is kinda short and after that there isny much replay value besides the multiplayer side of things
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

The storyline is abyssmal at best.

The gameplay is alright, but hindered by retarded design choices.

The boss battles are pretty fun and really cool, and look awesome, but can be frustrating.

Buy it if you have all the better games. If you don't have many games, you're better with something else.

jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
I didn't like it that much. I found the combat to be kind of blah, and repetative. Story was a bit silly and didn't make sense at some points. But that's just my opinion, some people really like it.
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
The storyline is not that amazing but the gameplay is fun and intense. The single player is short but multiplayer gives it some good replay value.
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
It's a good game, not amazing and you can beat it in a rent so if you can just rent it. The best parts are the boss battles, the story is kinda bad, good graphics. The multiplayer is kinda hard since most people that have been playing have had the game since forever and can easily kick your a$$ so I would not buy it for the multiplayer.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I HATED IT!

I thought the campaign was incredibly weak, the multiplayer was so boring.

I personally hatedm this game, absolute no from me.

smack_masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smack_masta
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts
My friend says it's good, so I'll be getting it next week along with Army of Two :D
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Lost Planet I found to be quite boring. I was really let down, the storyline just did not hold my attention, nor did the gameplay. I was really looking forward to that game too.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
DO NOT GET THAT GAME. It's one of the worst shooters for the 360. A huge dissapointment. Considering there are games like Gears, COD4 and Rainbow Six, Lost Planet doesn't even compare.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

The story isn't very good, but the gameplay is quite fun. I rented it and am happy with what I got out of a rental period.

So rent it don't buy it. That's my opinion.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
Its an okay game. Fun game when you are fighting bugs, but most of the time you are fighting boring humans and the story wasnt exactly a page turner. And some of the boss fights were so frustrating that i put the game on hold for a time before i tried it again.