Is lost planet 2 that bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rickystickyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Rickystickyman
Member since 2010 • 674 Posts
Well I really wanted the game, but it got a 5.5 from gamespot, and it got a 5 or so from IGN. Gameinformer gave it an 8.5 and a lot of players said it was around an 8 or so. This is not a recommendation thread (did I spell that right?). Did it have serious flaws from making the game not that fun, or was everyone harsh on it.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
If you read the reviews i assume you know about the clunky controls and all of its little flaws. From what ive heard though some folks like it for those very reasons. I did gather that single player is a bit more dull than playing with a few friends, but that goes for any co-op game. If you can find it cheap im sure youd have a blast.
ninjanutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ninjanutta
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts
its nothing like what the reviws say,if you liked the first one,you will love lost planet 2,its far better imo.it desrved at least an 8,its a long single player campaign and parts of it are solid.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
its nothing like what the reviws say,if you liked the first one,you will love lost planet 2,its far better imo.it desrved at least an 8,its a long single player campaign and parts of it are solid.ninjanutta
Speak for everyone much? :P I actually liked the first one.. but I absolutely hated Lost Planet 2. Controls although not all that different.. LP2 manages to make it more clunky. Graphics are not great like they say in reviews. To me, I thought the graphics were really terrible and the art direction is extremely cheesy. There is no story and what you derive from it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Level design is terrible. Basically, I just hated it the whole time I played but I forced myself to go further and maybe, just maybe it would grow on me but obviously it didn't. LP1 was so much better even though the characters and story were lame. At least the gameplay was better than LP2's. My closing comment: Not even worth a rent.
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

i have it and the game dont have flaws or not big ones the controls are just hard to get used to . try the demo

gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
i loved this game playing co-op with friends and in my oppinion it deserves a 8.0-8.5
Rickystickyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rickystickyman
I have both the co-op demo, and the multiplayer demo and I love both of them. Though the multiplayer is kind of annoying where if you get shot once you can't move.
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
I have both the co-op demo, and the multiplayer demo and I love both of them. Though the multiplayer is kind of annoying where if you get shot once you can't move.Rickystickyman
i have to warn you man the demo is one of the best parts of the game but i end up liking the game cos is kind a hard i think the reviewers were really harsh and unfair seen that some others games are worst with huge flaws like auto-aim or bad shooting mechanics
KingNothing93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 KingNothing93
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I played the single player and co-op demos and I thought the game was pretty good. I would give it a 8.5/10. The controls have some getting used to though.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
The controls didn't seem to be to be 'clunky' as much as they were just unconventional. It takes a good while to get used to them and if you're playing other shooters at the same time, it will retard your progress as far as getting the hang of the controls. The biggest beef I have with the game is really the lack of simple options like changing crouch from a hold function to a toggle, being able to edit your control scheme-- small things, mostly. The action is really exciting, though the battle meter thing makes the game end rather abruptly if you lose. On the whole, a good co op buy. Spent a little while with the multiplayer, and it seemed alright, too.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

It is not that bad. A little time and I was able to use the controls easily. THey added a bit into a story.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

Well I really wanted the game, but it got a 5.5 from gamespot, and it got a 5 or so from IGN. Gameinformer gave it an 8.5 and a lot of players said it was around an 8 or so. This is not a recommendation thread (did I spell that right?). Did it have serious flaws from making the game not that fun, or was everyone harsh on it.Rickystickyman

It got low scores because at launch it had a bunch of bugs in the game and very little spawn points etc. All the reviewers did not like it because of the bugs. Since then they have released a patch that has fixed most of the problems and none of the reviewing web sites have come back to review the game again. I myself have never played it but it is on my list of games to buy.

oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 oscar_mateo
Member since 2008 • 692 Posts

For me its great and fun. The only thing I dont like is spending time founding good matches online.

Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts
Well I really wanted the game, but it got a 5.5 from gamespot, and it got a 5 or so from IGN. Gameinformer gave it an 8.5 and a lot of players said it was around an 8 or so. This is not a recommendation thread (did I spell that right?). Did it have serious flaws from making the game not that fun, or was everyone harsh on it.Rickystickyman
Rent the game.Cuz I strongly disagree with gamespots review on it though.Not everything is as it seems =)(either that or i just don't trust reviews in general)
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

It's a great game. I have over 150 hours of playtime on it and the most the crap the reviews complain about is pure bs.

Critical_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Critical_Combo
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

Great game, the review didn't do it justice in the least, pretty good campaign, but online is where it's at. So much fun, especially with a group of friends who you know are good at the game. it deserved a better score than it got.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
the worst capcom game ever created for me and biggest dissapoing sequel this year
Rickystickyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rickystickyman
Well I guess I'm going to buy it along with LIMBO. I didn't find the controls that confusing because I rarely paly 3rd person shooters except for Lost planet 1.
FITRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FITRS
Member since 2010 • 379 Posts

Lost Planet 2 is a great game. It doesn't deserve the strange scores of 5.5 that IGN and Gamespot gave it. It's quite a farce and made both IGN & Gamespot lose credibility in my eyes.

For the people who think the game sucked, unfortunately the opposite is true. Lost Planet 2 is a real challenge and the key gameplay elemement of Lost Planet 2 is cooperative gameplay. The game forces you to work for objectives together, not solo hero style. This is probably why the detracters disllike the game because it takes them out of the so called Hero's seat and forces them to work as a team.

Lost Planet 2 is deserving of at least an 8.5, but it failed in marketing due to people picking up the game and believe it was a single player game like the first one.

It also failed in educating game review sites that it is a coop game as well. These are the only failings.

Ryuketsu2043

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ryuketsu2043
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts

graphics are awesome and the game itself is decent however the control set-up makes it almost impossible to play...good game destroyed by terrible controls

will-p101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 will-p101
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

really: no. people think: yes

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

Lost Planet 2 is a great game. It doesn't deserve the strange scores of 5.5 that IGN and Gamespot gave it. It's quite a farce and made both IGN & Gamespot lose credibility in my eyes.

For the people who think the game sucked, unfortunately the opposite is true. Lost Planet 2 is a real challenge and the key gameplay elemement of Lost Planet 2 is cooperative gameplay. The game forces you to work for objectives together, not solo hero style. This is probably why the detracters disllike the game because it takes them out of the so called Hero's seat and forces them to work as a team.

Lost Planet 2 is deserving of at least an 8.5, but it failed in marketing due to people picking up the game and believe it was a single player game like the first one.

It also failed in educating game review sites that it is a coop game as well. These are the only failings.

FITRS

So what gave you the urge to bump a 3 months old thread?

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I loved playing the co-op demo with a friend. If you have someone to play with, I think it's a blast.
pilotdude22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pilotdude22
Member since 2010 • 205 Posts

There is no story and what you derive from it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Elian2530

The story is there, it's just divided up into separate stories, with them all meshing together in the sixth chapter. It IS more co-op driven than LP1, I will say that. I was disappointed from the transition from LP1 to LP2 only because the whole 'one person' storyline was gone, but I later realized that it is a decently put together game. IMO, it's definitely worth a rent. 8)

jembles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 jembles
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts

never go with what ign says they seem to focus on graphics now they say dark void is terrible its a great game
i have played lost planet 2 and it is a good game you will enjoy it if it sounds good to you but the control is a bit weird but you will ajust soon enough

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

this game is not as bad as most reviewers say it is. I heard a while back the game was supposed to get patched for alot of the problems it had but im not sure if it was released or not, if it is i think most reviewers should give it a second opinion.

t0taldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 t0taldj
Member since 2009 • 1397 Posts

I liked LP1 and when I played the demo for LP2, I loved it. Now just like you, I saw the reviews and was not impressed. I saw people on the boards whining that reviews are BS and the game is really sweet. I couldn't help myself and I bought it, and let me tell you...the game is AWFUL

Seriously, I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from buying it. The game is just chaotic! everything around you is a mess. You don't even know where to begin. It would have been good if it was anything like LP1. LP2 feels like a rushed and unfinished game, that's all I can tell you.