Is it worth to have a 360 to only play on XBLA?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I'd like your opinion on that. I might have a 360 soon but all I want is the XBLA games. I don't have interest on retail games except for a few games (Less than 10 games). I'm not a fan of shooters (FPS or Third person shooters), sandbox games, racing games, WRPG,... I'm more a platformers, action/adventuresguy.

However, I saw many XBLA games that I find interesting.

So is it worth? I'll ask recommandations on the recommandations thread.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. There are literally hundreds of great games on XBLA. So you can't go wrong either way.
YouVandal3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 YouVandal3
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

Recommendation threads are turrible, nobody ever responds and if they do (i have yet to get responded to) itll take forever.

I bought a 360 first, then recently got a ps3. and now my xbox is strictly for online games and shooters (the xbox xontroller is like a fine recliner when it comes to controllers and FPS)

Id say go for it.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Yes.

I initially bought a 360 for Gears of War and Resident Evil 5, but the arcade games are amazing, I wouldn't see why that's wrong to buy a 360 for Arcade games; definitely go for it

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
If you have the money then just do it. But I would look up some popular retail games just in case you might be interested in them. There's a lot of good ones out there and it would be a waste to have the 360 and not use it to its full potential.
JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

lol, Over 90% of my gaming is on XBLA, I'm playing Ms. Splosion Man right now.. AWESOME.

I have over 80 XBLA games, I play quite a few of them regularly and way more than any of my retail games. The Xbox Arcade makes the system worth playing on for me. Huge value if those are the type of games you like and don't have a ton of time for huge experiences like the Mass Effect games.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I don't see why not. The XBLA has a huge library of games, if that's what you're into then there's definitely enough content there to keep you entertained.