Is it a good idea to buy an X1 now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

So I've have saved enough of money to spare to buy a console really soon.

And I'm not sure if I this X1 is really giving people a hard time as people claim it does.

Or if I should wait for a better version whether it be the rumored revised console, or one that comes out 1 or 2 years from nowdoes your console give you problems?

Are you satisfied with your HDD space?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

rumor is that the cheaper model will be blue ray-less with 1tb.

• Microsoft doesn't know how to price digital right so You might save on the console price but pre pare to pay high prices for those games

by holiday you may see a $50 cut in price or what they been doing for a while now with the 360 just offer a $50 gift card or a free game in the bundle. To me that is NOT worth the wait for hours of enjoyment

500gb isn't a lot as games are 20+gb and with crazy updates being 1gb. but o well with external harddrive support on the way a 1tb will cost $50-60 or 2tb $100

~

I say go for it and with the firmware update in march that is suppouse to change quite a few things that suck makes it even better

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

I'd day no, wait it out until at least e3 when they will unveil if they have any cheaper versions planned, if you're concerned about getting TitanFall right now, then I'd say pick up the 360 version for the time being, thats what I'am doing.

ranbir_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 ranbir_flame
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts

Wait it out. No need to rush. The Games are coming. A better price is coming. Better support too.

slappydvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slappydvs
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I do bot believe it is. The price seems a little crazy still, and I am sure there are plenty of bugs left.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

get it now

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Wait and yes I have one but wait if you can it will soon look like dust heap. Even the video on films and TV etc not as good quality pic as it should.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

No way. It's still vastly overpriced. Should be $350 max.

dark_rage864

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13  Edited By dark_rage864
Member since 2007 • 812 Posts

I would say yes because they are rumored to bring out the first big update to fix most of problems and add more functionality next month, you have quite a lot of games coming out this and next month including TitanFall and Metal Gear Solid. Once E3 comes you'll will be surprised with lots of new announcements and will probably be excited for upcoming releases for this year too. One thing to note is that once the big games do release the console is likely to sell out as some people like to wait till the big games release first before getting the xbox one but tbh there are good games out right now like Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct etc. I bought it on release day and not regret it one bit, it's a great console all around imo.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mesomorphin

@geminontraveler said:

@mesomorphin said:

I'd day no, wait it out until at least e3 when they will unveil if they have any cheaper versions planned, if you're concerned about getting TitanFall right now, then I'd say pick up the 360 version for the time being, thats what I'am doing.

you mean the version that is going to be horribly gimped and wasnt even developed my respawn? yeah no thanks rofl....

Wait what!? it was developed by Respawn! its the same damn game, its just being ported and altered a slight bit by Blue Point games, who have in the past ported numerous fantastic games and they've done a great job at it. like Flower, Metal gear solid HD collection, God of war collection and the ICO and SOTC HD collection. You've haven't even played it and you have no idea what you're going on about.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mesomorphin

@geminontraveler said:

@mesomorphin said:

@geminontraveler said:

@mesomorphin said:

you mean the version that is going to be horribly gimped and wasnt even developed my respawn? yeah no thanks rofl....

Wait what!? it was developed by Respawn! its the same damn game, its just being ported and altered a slight bit by Blue Point games, who have in the past ported numerous fantastic games and they've done a great job at it. like Flower, Metal gear solid HD collection, God of war collection and the ICO and SOTC HD collection. You've haven't even played it and you have no idea what you're going on about.

no, it wasnt. it was developed by a completely different company. Bluepoint games is the developer. there was an article a few weeks ago that had quotes from Vince Z saying respawn did not develop the 360 version in order to completely focus on the XB1 version:

"The Xbox 360 version of Respawn Entertainment's futuristic first-person shooterTitanfall is being developed by Bluepoint Games, Respawn founder Vince Zampella revealed on Twitter.

While the Xbox One and Windows PC versions of the game are being developed by Respawn, the team handling the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall has been kept under wraps for months."

they are not just porting it. they are fully responsible for the development.

Well obviously Respawn would of had to have built/help with some major aspects, otherwise they would two completely different games, and surely Respawn would have had to approve the product. And once again, Blue point is an experienced company that knows exactly what they are doing, we've seen gameplay of the 360 version and needless to say it looks fine. The game will be great, quite denying it please.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

If you want to get Titanfall, then yes, buy the system now. I say this because i doubt the game will be as big a hit on the pc, plus it seems like the game development is focused on the xbox one.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

@Evdne971: Waiting is always a good idea with consoles. New hardware versions come out, things get patched, more games are available and the older ones get less expensive. I took the "buy when there is a game you want" approach and I wanted Forza. As far as X1 reliability, it seems pretty good based on what I have read. My X1 is solid. No probs with HD size yet but I would have liked a bigger one, of course.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

If you buy the Xbox One, I recommend playing Ryse first! Welcome to Next Gen my friend.

:-)

Vidpci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vidpci
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

No. I had a ps4 and sold it because there are no games to play. Same with Xbox One. Wait about 6 months before you buy any next gen console imo.

Bileheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bileheart

I bought the Day One edition and have mixed feelings about it :P My first console died within 7 hours from HDD issues, but that's a rare case.

I'm still waiting for this promised update though, no surround sound is a real pain. The interface seems clunky and slow as well. I feel like waiting wouldn't have been so bad, the true next gen games won't be out for a while yet anyway.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

go fot it

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@draign said:

If you buy the Xbox One, I recommend playing Ryse first! Welcome to Next Gen my friend.

:-)

Ryse is my 2nd favourite game on the Xbox One.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4574 Posts

@geminontraveler: I'm sure respawn is doing quality control on it. If the 360 version is bad, it could negatively effect the future of the series. People who aren't ready to make the jump to the One and pick up the 360 version and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth may skip future installments due to not liking the 360 version. The average person doesn't visit forums or even Know it is different developers. I'm thinking respawn is thinking about this and I'm sure ea is too.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

Thanks for all your responses guys!

And yes I do care about all your opinions!

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

So far I haven't had any problems that made me worry about the console. I have it on almost 6 + hours a day and even more on the weekend. It runs quiet and cool. I'm not sure about the HDD space, because I can't see how much is used up yet. The update next week will give us the ability to see and manage what we save on the HDD and other new features.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Go back to system wars if you want to debate the PS4/XB1 don't troll that crap in this forum.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

by holiday you may see a $50 cut in price or what they been doing for a while now with the 360 just offer a $50 gift card or a free game in the bundle. To me that is NOT worth the wait for hours of enjoyment

Good point. I'd rather be early to the party and experience the entire show rather than showing up late and missing out on certain things.

Unfortunately since it has been very long I can not remember how the first few months of the 360 compared to what we see with the X1 but we certainly know how it turned out.

One of the biggest pluses of this system I find to be is the inclusion of Blu Ray which allowed me to save space by unplugging the specific Blu Ray player I had. HDMI ports are in short supply. Removing that would seem like a giant leap backwards.

Currently the console market seems very stale as in the releases are sporadic for all three systems. Winter generally sucks for gaming but the releases will arrive as will updates and features galore.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#34 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Just recently purchased a X1 have no problems with it. I'm completely happy with the purchase and is a great upgrade to the 360. It integrated into my cable service without any problems and all aspects of the console works great. As for the variety of games there still is much lacking. I use my X1 as an entertainment hub in addition to games and find it fantastic. If your focus is purely games I suggest you wait until more games or that one game (that just might not come out on 360) is released.

I still have both systems since I still have old 360 games I'd may want to revisit in the future.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

@k2theswiss said:

Good point. I'd rather be early to the party and experience the entire show rather than showing up late and missing out on certain things.

Unfortunately since it has been very long I can not remember how the first few months of the 360 compared to what we see with the X1 but we certainly know how it turned out.

One of the biggest pluses of this system I find to be is the inclusion of Blu Ray which allowed me to save space by unplugging the specific Blu Ray player I had. HDMI ports are in short supply. Removing that would seem like a giant leap backwards.

Currently the console market seems very stale as in the releases are sporadic for all three systems. Winter generally sucks for gaming but the releases will arrive as will updates and features galore.

I can tell you already that Microsoft has made a much better quality system now then they did with the original xbox and the 360. I still don't trust the slim model entirely, but I trust it more now than I did the first 360 design. So far no rrod or reod issues that I've heard about. I like it that Microsoft made the system the size of a betamax machine so the thing had enough room to breath inside:)

Edit:

Forgot to mention I bought one with my tax money as well as a 360 slim for the Halo games. Excellent system. Home screen a little cluncky, and with my set up the gestures barely work, but voice control is great. I would suggest you not wait to get one. So far I've only played CoD Ghosts, but the controller is great. No funny, stupid lights on the controller here.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36  Edited By cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

What I've been telling people is to wait until the holidays until around when Destiny releases to buy one. You're not really missing anything in the way of games just yet. Although Xbox has the best library imo at this time, the games that are out can definitely wait to be played later on in the year as they will still be played because of the lack of game releases launch year. Maybe you can save up enough money by then to buy both consoles and some decent games.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Evdne971: I would say if you really like Dead Rising or zombie games in general, or if you don't have a PC that can play Titanfall it's a good time to get an Xbox One. If not, why not wait till E3 and see what they have cooking on the horizon? I love my Xbox One, but it's got a lot of issues that need to be fixed before it's able to match the 360 feature for feature. (Same is true with the PS4/PS3 situation)

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I would wait until a price drop. There are not many games right now. For me the system runs fine and I'm sure MS will unlock USB HD soon enough for memory.

iCurtis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 iCurtis

Your best option is to wait. There isn't that many games for the X1 and their to high priced. The longer you wait it out the more games that come to market, hopefully meaning X1 will be cheaper along with some games. (that's if you buy from Amazon of course)

asadasif2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#40 asadasif2003
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

Wait n watch bro... Too early for any decision.. The console war is just getting heat up and already news of cheaper xbox 1 is in the air.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

It's pretty disappointing that titanfall won't release at 1080p.. I think this game could have saved the console from anymore heat.. If you don't currently own one I'm not sure why you would right now.. The hardware is awful.

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
EmpiresDownfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EmpiresDownfall
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

I ordered one with Dead Rising and Ryse, along with some Playstation 3 games from Amazon a few days. The games came today, all of them, but Im still waiting on the console. Figures -.- Now it will get here Monday and Ill have to work.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Well I got all three consoles last gen and Im planning on doing the same this one, already had the wii U and I was gonna get the other sony branded console first (since my 360 was mainly a cod,fifa, halo and gears only machine). But a sale and the fact I had some store credit led me to buy the ONE first at just 200 USD (had 250 store credit and the sale knocked off 50 usd off).

Man am I impressed.... sure I know all current one games are upscaled, so what? they look better than 360 games and ps3 games. got fifa (bundled), the KI trial , titanfall beta and DR3.

DR3 is way better than reviews do it justice for (though I never played any previous games).... the kinnect and smartglass integration is awesome. the horde reacts to sudden sounds and you get calls to your phone from smartglass... its really something else.

Fifa does not feel next gen to me (had 14 on the ps3 and it seems the same), but titanfall shows a lot of potential.

Id get it know if you can, we all know they are gonna come out with a special edition or slim model, so what? nothing beats the feeling of mauling zombes and getting crushed by mechs...

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts
@elchiquilin said:

Well I got all three consoles last gen and Im planning on doing the same this one, already had the wii U and I was gonna get the other sony branded console first (since my 360 was mainly a cod,fifa, halo and gears only machine). But a sale and the fact I had some store credit led me to buy the ONE first at just 200 USD (had 250 store credit and the sale knocked off 50 usd off).

Man am I impressed.... sure I know all current one games are upscaled, so what? they look better than 360 games and ps3 games. got fifa (bundled), the KI trial , titanfall beta and DR3.

DR3 is way better than reviews do it justice for (though I never played any previous games).... the kinnect and smartglass integration is awesome. the horde reacts to sudden sounds and you get calls to your phone from smartglass... its really something else.

Fifa does not feel next gen to me (had 14 on the ps3 and it seems the same), but titanfall shows a lot of potential.

Id get it know if you can, we all know they are gonna come out with a special edition or slim model, so what? nothing beats the feeling of mauling zombes and getting crushed by mechs...

It was a sin how low Dead Rising 3 got rated overall, it was one of my favorites in 2013 and easily my favorite Xbox One game, it was a freaking blast to play and I still plan to go back for Season pass stuff.

Although I guess that's how a lot of Xbox One games felt to me, since Ryse is easily my 2nd favorite game on the system and I enjoyed it a lot more than the critics said.

Cxm13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cxm13

Don't rush to buy it.

Although it's really wonderful, that's not a good choice to buy the Xbox One now.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Shantmaster_K: This whole chain of back and forth replies that discusses PS4 and compares it to XB1, as the rules of the forum clearly state is not allowed, started with you flaming another poster. Let's not be doing that, had you just let it alone, this thread would have been just fine.

@cyloninside You as well. No flaming, no cross platform discussion. Cross platform discussion is only for System Wars and Game Discussion.

@psx_warrior Use of System Wars terminology like "cow/sheep/lemming" outside of System Wars is forbidden.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@ObxChillin: No cross platform discussion allowed in this forum. This is the Xbox Discussion forum, it is for Xbox discussion ONLY.