IP address keeps changing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mastercleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 mastercleft
Member since 2005 • 1812 Posts

Ok so ive begun to notice that every week or so the ip adress of my xbox keeps changing and when it does my nat becomes strict again so i have to go and change it in my router..but this cnt be normal, i go to my network settings, then configure network and my pc ip address is always the same but the one for the xbox keeps changing..why in gods name is thi shappening

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

More than likely because you have your router setup as a DHCP, meaning it assigns a dynamic IP address to whatever device joins your network. It will assign the IP based on the order joined, so if your PC is the first device on the network and never gets shut off then it will likely get a 192.168.1.1 address and keep it.

There are a couple things you can do such as assign a Static IP to your 360 so it will never change, but you will need your router specific info, such as make and model.

Send that info and someone can help out.

xirishman1114x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xirishman1114x
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I am having the same problems. I have a ****** Surf router and when I first plugged my Xbox in I had the ip address ending in .4. I am now up to .6. I have tried to exclude the ip address on the router settings under the DMZ but it keeps changing. My goal is to open the NAT settings so I can play on XBOX live. Any help is appreciated.
Dzierzynski10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Dzierzynski10
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

More than likely because you have your router setup as a DHCP, meaning it assigns a dynamic IP address to whatever device joins your network. It will assign the IP based on the order joined, so if your PC is the first device on the network and never gets shut off then it will likely get a 192.168.1.1 address and keep it.

There are a couple things you can do such as assign a Static IP to your 360 so it will never change, but you will need your router specific info, such as make and model.

Send that info and someone can help out.

Large_Soda
Mine keeps changing too. I have a ****** router, model- F5d8235-4 v2. thanks so much for the help!
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
use a static ip adress on your xbox , and use one like 192.168.1.120 so that the last number is above 100 so the dhcp server will never give out an ip adress to any of the computers that's the same as your xbox (because you probably don't have a 100 pc's in your network)