ip addres failed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

plvness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 plvness
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

OK I have the pelican wireless adaptor and it used to work fine but lately it wont connect and when I test it it always the IP address and I have dhcp enabled on my router its a d-link n router model DIR-615 any ideas

Carr2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Carr2010
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hi, I have the same router and same adapter. How did you get yours to even work ? could you help me out a little. Could you help me out step through step ? I configured it on my computer it picked up my routers broadcast and then when i take it up stairs all it says it cant pick up a static ip or it cant obtain a ip address and i did it right by the broadcast of my d-link dir-615 and no pick up. I don't get it, could you help me out a little ?
plvness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 plvness

Look at the bottom of your router on that sticker under where it says FC C E the letters are strange under that you should see a series of 8 numbers and

periods this is what mine looks like 192.168.0.1 on the pc the router is connected to punch that number in your browser as a web address on the page the user

name will be admin ( by default no password is needed if the pc is connected by ethernet cable and not wireless ) after you log in you will see several options

left to right click on setup and on the left side below were it says d-link click network settings and check the box where it says enable dhcp server this helped it

work some of the time for me after leaving it on for about an hour maybe to establish the link

after a month of trying to stay connected I ran out of curses the pelican is just a piece of junk I gave up on it and bought a used microsoft one on e-bay for $60.00 and never looked back I hate to dash your hopes of getting that thing working

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I looked into buying the Pelican adapter and it seems most people have issues with it not working. Save yourself $50 and buy the original Xbox's wireless adapter. Sure it's bigger and requires a separate power source, but it's cheaper than the 360's adapter and works just as well.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
I have no idea what the tech stuff I have is but that happened to me the other day. All I did was restart my computer.
plvness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 plvness

are you saying you are using the original xbox wireless adaptor with an xbox 360 without any issues