Internet speed for Xbox live.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
#1 Posted by deactivated-57a12126af02c (3290 posts) -

My upload is 770 KB/s

and my Download is 807 Kb/s.

Is that decent to play on xbl, or will it be laggy.

#2 Posted by SuperBeast (13227 posts) -
First you need to clarify. How did you get those numbers? Also a KB=Kilobyte, Kb=Kilobit......HUGE difference. Need to know more.
Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
#3 Posted by deactivated-57a12126af02c (3290 posts) -

Kb/s

Sorry.

Avatar image for seventy5cent832
#4 Posted by seventy5cent832 (1057 posts) -
i think u might b ok,
#5 Posted by LRP85 (3094 posts) -

This is mine. Just so you know I have read posts on here of people with better and saying they experience lag still.

#6 Posted by SuperBeast (13227 posts) -
I think it might be a little laggy for you, depending on which game and how many people are on the same server. You definitely don't have the speeds to host your own server....So if you ever got picked to be the host you should change it and let them know about your connection (Otherwise people will be crying about how laggy the game is for everyone)
#7 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
i used to have clearwire 1 mb split with 16 people, never had any problems on xbox live. meaning yours is faster than mine and i was fine
#8 Posted by GhostDog8 (5943 posts) -
can somebody help me out? i got the wireless thing that cost 100 freakin dollars and i lag so much....my wireless router is down stairs in the basement...and my xbox is in my room upstaris almost directly over the computer downstairs....also in my room i have a computer with a wireless card...my internet is coo its not fast or slow but its coo....but my xbox....is so slow im always dropping games it makes me so MAD cause it cost 100 dollars for the peiece and its a piece of junk....what can i do....oh yeah the internet on my computer in the basement is fast....
#9 Posted by LRP85 (3094 posts) -
That would be because you are so far away from the internet source. Live requires a lot more to run smoothly than a computer does. Just return it if you can and hard wire it. Also if you can just move the modem closer as well.
#10 Posted by GhostDog8 (5943 posts) -
i tried moving it down stairs...but it still was slow...i mean the router and the xbox were all of 15 to 20 away from each other with one wall in between that isnt even really thick and the connection was still slow...better than my room but still slow...
#11 Posted by LRP85 (3094 posts) -
What is your connection like? You should go with a hard line if the wireless is not good.
#12 Posted by GhostDog8 (5943 posts) -
i dont really know man...my dad hooks everything up he is scared to let anybody touch it but him....though if i looked at it i would know whats up in bout 5 mins...i think ima try and take it back....and pick up gt4 and god of war on psp with that 100 bucks and then somehow run a long ass cord to hook them up...
#13 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

i dont really know man...my dad hooks everything up he is scared to let anybody touch it but him....though if i looked at it i would know whats up in bout 5 mins...i think ima try and take it back....and pick up gt4 and god of war on psp with that 100 bucks and then somehow run a long ass cord to hook them up...GhostDog8

Go to speedtest.net it'll tell you your speed.

#14 Posted by LRP85 (3094 posts) -
Be careful hooking up a long cord. I think if it is more than 50 feet it degrades the connections. I could be wrong though. I would say that is the best thing to do though if the wireless is not working.
#15 Posted by GhostDog8 (5943 posts) -
aight thanks guys
#16 Posted by bigpimpin440 (25 posts) -
my download is 1435 kbps and my upload is 885 kbps... is that a good connection?
#17 Posted by SIRSHOCKZALOT (25 posts) -
I dont know anything about connection speeds and ping but this is mine! is this good or bad? please give suggestions!http://www.speedtest.net/result/1170028703.png DOWNLOAD=11.22Mb/s UPLOAD=4.57Mb/s PING=26ms my xbox is wired to the router! is that gunna be diff from these results on my wireless cpu? MOD NOTE: It's ok to start a new topic
#18 Posted by xfactor19990 (10917 posts) -
you will be fine.....
#19 Posted by MW2ismygame (2188 posts) -

is this good because i have no lag what so ever

#20 Posted by gem98088 (542 posts) -

mine, Download is like 1.5mb's cant remem rest..

it seems to go alright, i reckon it lags at times playing bad company 2.. everytime i die.. its cos i lag..

and not cos i got owned., lol..

#21 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37597 posts) -
thread is from 2008...
#22 Posted by Oniresurrect (945 posts) -

thread is from 2008...chaoscougar1

But still has its uses as you can see.

#23 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37597 posts) -

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]thread is from 2008...Oniresurrect

But still has its uses as you can see.

*facepalm* ToU, take special note of "Disruptive Posting"