Internet on the pc and on x-box 360 at the same time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beka13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Beka13
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
Hi,i just bought a new 3 month gold subscription.And i don't wanna do that like the first free month.So can anyone help how to have internet on both machines?I have modem Internet ,and if its necessary i have a wi-fi router.Thank you!
Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fyper
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts
Uh, what's the problem then? You said you have a router so just use that to share the connection.
Beka13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Beka13
Because to work the router i have to unplug the internet wire from the computer.Thats how the x-box live worked.I unpluged the wire from the computer,and i plug in that to the x-box.
RocklandUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RocklandUSA
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

use the router. Plug the main connection into it. Then use that to split the connection to the PC and the Xbox at the same time. You'll need two wires extra (one runs to the comp and the other runs to the PC).

Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fyper

You said you have a router so why not use it?

Do you not know how? Just use the main connection cable to plug it into the router then plug another wire from the router into your PC and plug another wire from the router into your Xbox 360. It's really easy.

TheRedStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheRedStrike
Member since 2007 • 603 Posts
Get a router and two cables, one to the PC and one to the 360
Gunner43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Gunner43
Member since 2006 • 195 Posts

My friend, the way it has to work is the internet is running from you wall to the modem. Then, from the modem the interenet line runs to the router. The router ought to have more than one slots for an interent cable to run from it. One ought to run to the xbox, another to you computer. If you have a laptop then it is better to use the wireless. If you are using a desktop computer then connecting through the internet cable is better.

If you do not have more than one slot for interenet connections from your router, then get a new router. Good luck.

cimbomboy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cimbomboy2
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts
when you connect it to the router make sure youve got security other wise people can hack into it and use ur internet. i got a bill saying i downloaded 9 GIG in one day! that was b 4 i fixed it up
Beka13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Beka13
It works well!!Thank you all!!
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I use a wireless router along with the wireless networking adapter for the 360. Works like a charm.
Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fyper

I use a wireless router along with the wireless networking adapter for the 360. Works like a charm.Ghost_702

Same here. I was suprised the wireless network adapter has no connection speed loss at all, even at the range I use it. It's amazing.

Beka13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Beka13

Uuum,sorry to bump guys.There is a little problem.I leave the house after my last post,to go somewhere.And when i come back home (10 minutes earlier),the Internet did not work in my pc and in my 360 aswell.Now i unplugged those wires.And now my main cabel is in the modem and the cabel is in the computer so thats how i can write now.So...What the problem!?Everything was the same,this is how i did that.

-The main cabel from the modem goes to the router.

-The extra two goes to both machines

-Try to connect into x-box live,say i can log in because i dont have internet connection

-Try to connect to the internet on the computer,and it gives me that PPOE crap.

-So the internet dont works now... Maybe the problem is with the wires?

Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fyper

Can be a million problems there. Did you have your router on? Some require to be switched on. Otherwise it could be some router settings you have to work out.

If you don't know, retry hooking it up. Maybe it will work.

PwningStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PwningStick
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

when you connect it to the router make sure youve got security other wise people can hack into it and use ur internet. i got a bill saying i downloaded 9 GIG in one day! that was b 4 i fixed it upcimbomboy2

Yeah, going into network connections in your control panel and selecting your neighbor's wireless router is definitely hacking.
/end scarcasim