Install Game to Hard Drive..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jason320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 jason320
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts

I've seen an option like this for when you look at the info of the game inside the xbox, what exactly does it mean. Is it like to take an entire game and put it on your HD so you never have to use to disk?

nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 nynthninja
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
you need the disc to boot the game and it needs to stay in th drive. its kinda pointless the load times are almost the same on most games Last Remnant is the only one ive really noticed a HUGE difference in glitch reduction
N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

Pretty much if you have a game that freezes a lot or messes up a lot, install it to the disk drive. For me it was Fallout 3 load-times would take long the game would freeze at moments and sometimes the disk would be unreadable.

So pretty much installing it to disk drive will prevent your game from messing up and it gives you a nice smooth gameplay. It takes a while to install thought, s'all im saying

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
you need the disc to boot the game and it needs to stay in th drive. its kinda pointless the load times are almost the same on most games Last Remnant is the only one ive really noticed a HUGE difference in glitch reductionnynthninja
Oblivion ;)
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nynthninja
[QUOTE="nynthninja"]you need the disc to boot the game and it needs to stay in th drive. its kinda pointless the load times are almost the same on most games Last Remnant is the only one ive really noticed a HUGE difference in glitch reductionlil_d_mack_314
Oblivion ;)

that worked for you, you lucky mofo it made no dif for me
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
its kinda pointlessnynthninja
I don't see how less noise and heat could be pointless.
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nynthninja
[QUOTE="nynthninja"]its kinda pointlessnethernova

wasted memory is pointless...but also i sit more than 6 ft from my tv so the noise isnt a factor and my job puts a limit on heat produced by my consoles if i played games like i used to 90degree weather, a mound of cigarette butts, and 14 straight hours of morrowind then yes it would be worth it i suppose
Frostbyte1120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Frostbyte1120
Member since 2003 • 17118 Posts

It's a wonderful feature to be able to install games. Your system makes dramatically less noise and there will be less tear on your disc drive.

Also my friend bought Gears 2 used from someone and it always locked up on him at a certain spot so he installed my copy, but always boots his up and problem solved.

But yea, you install the game through the dashboard and the game will load off your HDD, but you have to have to the disc in the tray.

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lil_d_mack_314
[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="nynthninja"]its kinda pointlessnynthninja

wasted memory is pointless...but also i sit more than 6 ft from my tv so the noise isnt a factor and my job puts a limit on heat produced by my consoles if i played games like i used to 90degree weather, a mound of cigarette butts, and 14 straight hours of morrowind then yes it would be worth it i suppose

14 straight hrs of morrowind..nice ;) lol. about placing the game on the HDD. not having a constant buzzing sound come from my 360 is nice. i wish i had more space. it seems to shut up after a while tho. after i put oblivion on it it hardly makes any noise at all...oblivion takes up about 75% of my HDD including the good DL content (no wizard crap :P)
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nynthninja
[QUOTE="lil_d_mack_314"][QUOTE="nynthninja"][QUOTE="nethernova"] I don't see how less noise and heat could be pointless.

14 straight hrs of morrowind..nice ;) lol. about placing the game on the HDD. not having a constant buzzing sound come from my 360 is nice. i wish i had more space. it seems to shut up after a while tho. after i put oblivion on it it hardly makes any noise at all...oblivion takes up about 75% of my HDD including the good DL content (no wizard crap :P)

ya know what tho when i got my 360 from launch i didnt have the buzzing that i heard so much about then i got the rrod so i bought an arcade and i can hear it, if my tv is on mute but id rather reserve space for expansions honestly tho Last Remnant is the only one i kept on my HDD because it was beneficial....Fallout3 may benefit as well.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lil_d_mack_314
It works really well with bad dvd disc that has dirty disc error very often. And games with long loading time will benifit. Probably like Oblivion on horse will be less painful, I haven't tried that.magicalclick
it works nicely ;) (for me any way) i guess if your playing the hell out of any game and have extra room i say put it on the HDD, cant hurt unless there is a disclaimer saying so, Halo3 as an example.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I sold my Xbox to my coworker, and I bought an Elite. I love the sound of playing games without the system running so damn loud. It runs as silent as a PS3. I'm still waiting on my transfer cable so I can get back into gaming.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Some games it makes no different, and supposedly it makes Halo 3 go slower. A lot of games, though, it does help. People who say they didn't notice anything aren't paying attention. If you time your games pre and post-install, it makes an obvious difference. Any game you play frequently you should install (provided you have the space), as five seconds here and ten seconds there saved eventually add up.

jackophant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 jackophant
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
I accidently put a dent in my gears 2 disc and it quit working, installed my friends copy and now it works fine. I think the option is usefull occasionally.