Input timing problem with HDMI monitor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by asmirra (25 posts) -
Hello everyone! (I'm a noob here) I made the switch from ps3 to xbox 360 today with a brand new 360. I used to play ps3 with an hdmi cable plugged in my monitor but it seems like with the 360 I get a black screen with "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920x1080@60Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per monitor specifications." Any explanation/solution for that? I have a Dell ST2410, 24' with DVI-D, HDMI, audio input/output. My 360 is the basic model, 4G, 1 controller, nothing else. As said before, ps3 used to work with same HDMI cable in the same monitor. Xbox works with my old TV with the 3 white/red/yellow cable but it's old and s*cks :/ Thanks a lot for your help! - Marie
#2 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

I saw something like this way back when i first got my xbox, two thing u can try. connnect it to ur tv and set it to the lowest display settings possible. and then connect it to ur monitor (try without restarting first, and then with restarting)

find another tv/monitor with hdmi, plug it into there, configure it the way u want, and then connect it back into ur main monitor.

#3 Posted by asmirra (25 posts) -
That worked fine! I just had to plug it on another HDMI TV, fix the settings, disable the auto detect thingy and plug it back on my monitor. Thanks a lot!