Indie Survival Horror game "Remothered: Tormented Father" out now

#1 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10091 posts) -

Take note big fans of Survival horror, you may want to investigate this game further. Looks pretty good overall, was released on Steam Early access last year, full release January of this year, and now out on consoles.

Just found out about it myself, and I was surprised how long ago planning for it started. It is apparently part of a planned Trilogy, and I even saw an article earlier comparing it to one my favorite horror games, Silent Hill 2.

The game has gotten good reviews overall, positive rating on Steam and based on my research, it is being described as a clever return to classic Survival horror. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be X-Enhanced, synopsis below:

In this single player Psychological thriller, you play the role of Investigator Rosemary Reed, a fascinating 35-year-old woman, who reaches Richard Felton’s house, in order to investigate on the disappearance of a girl called Celeste. The woman is greeted by Gloria, the nurse who takes care of the old Richard. When Dr. Felton understands Rosemary’s true intentions, the dread begins.

#2 Edited by Blueresident87 (5817 posts) -

This game looks really interesting, it is something I will definitely have to check out. It looks straight f***ed up, and I'm all about that.

I am usually on guard, immediately, when a game is compared to Silent Hill 2. But this has my interest. Thank you for posting this, I knew nothing about it before today.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I do not like the title of the game. At all. I can't stop thinking about how much it bothers me. Maybe once I play it the title will make sense or something.

#3 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10091 posts) -

@Blueresident87: I know what you mean about the title, I initially completely dismissed the game when I heard the title, I was thinking wtf is that....I Can't recall at this time what made be look into it again...something in my Twitter feed some people were saying it was great or something like that. I'll be playing it soon but I think I want to finish Vampyr or Nier first

#4 Posted by Blueresident87 (5817 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime: I also need to finish two games currently, Dark Souls and Tomb Raider. After that, I'll be playing this.