Improving my connection.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BagingRoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BagingRoner
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Is there any way I can improve my connection to XBL? I use a bridge from my laptop. When I first started a few days ago, it worked pretty well, but now the last couple of days I am lagging out of matches and not getting credited for kills. My room where I usually play is on the other side of the house from the modem, and I tried moving to the living room, which is only 20ft or so away, but I got the same result. Thanks in advance.
XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts
Try going with an Ethernet cord, just be sure to buy one that is LONGER than you think will reach. They are only around $10-25 depending on the length. It works much better than wireless with the 360!
BagingRoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BagingRoner
I can't use a giant ethernet cable. It would have to go through the whole living area, and my dad won't allow that.
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

How good of a connection do you get between your laptop and router?

BagingRoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BagingRoner
Usually between 2-4 bars.
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
I can't use a giant ethernet cable. It would have to go through the whole living area, and my dad won't allow that.BagingRoner
Run it through you floor to your router. That's what I did. One end of my house to the other. This'll be easy if you have a basement.
BagingRoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BagingRoner
[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"] Run it through you floor to your router. That's what I did. One end of my house to the other. This'll be easy if you have a basement.

I don't know if I'll be able to do that. We have a crawlspace under the house, that's it. And the access to it isn't in my room.
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"] Run it through you floor to your router. That's what I did. One end of my house to the other. This'll be easy if you have a basement.BagingRoner
I don't know if I'll be able to do that. We have a crawlspace under the house, that's it. And the access to it isn't in my room.

Yeah I'd only do it with a basement where you'd be able to access the cable easily.
XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts
Forking over that $50-100 for the Microsoft wireless may be your best bet, unless you and your dad could figure out how to drive the cord from the xbox to the router without being seen.