I'm thinking of getting an Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Immortal_Zarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Immortal_Zarok
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts

I have questions

First of all what's the difference between the normal 36 and the elite? Does the 360 have less problems than the normal 360's? And is the elite worth paying extra for?

Next, I've heard of newer 360 models having upgrades like a new motherboard, is there any chance of new models receiving more upgrades? Is it worth waiting to see if it happens?

I've heard about 360's having a lot of problems and breaking down, I've also heard that newer models are more reliable, having less problems. So is this true? And are there still problems with current models? And if so is it likely that they'll have more fixes with future models?

Next the price, is there likely to be any more price reductions soon?

That all considered is it worth getting one now, or should I wait till later?

Immortal_Zarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Immortal_Zarok

Also any other information you can give me to help with my decision would be appreciated.

ALTAIR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ALTAIR360
Member since 2006 • 1408 Posts

xbox 360 arcade : you get 256 memory unit instead of 60 gb harddrive ( you can alway buy the hdd later on )

xbox 360 pro : 60 harddrive

xbox 360 elite( black one ) : 120 gb hard drive

and dont worry the new Jasper models wont break down so easily

i have a falcon model and its working great no overheating nothing.

if i was you i would go for the 360 pro.

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

Go for the Pro, or Elite. The separate HD is a rip off, compared to other HD's.

Happy gaming.

MastaP110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MastaP110
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts
Buy the xbox now it is a great time with a bunch of great releases coming out. I would recomend any 360 package besides the arcade. Not having a harddrive is a joke. I would recomend also getting live as soon as you get your xbox. Live is deffiantly worth the 50 bucks each year. Enless you have a 1080i or 1080p tv the elite is not worth getting imo. It might look awesome but it is not worth the extra money if you dont have an extra awesome tv.
Immortal_Zarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Immortal_Zarok
Hmm ok thanks everyone.
Razieluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Razieluk
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts

In short get the Elite. There's going to be added functionality (hopefully) soon, including being able to save your games to the HDD. So the bigger the space you have the better.

You asked about upgrades to newer models. I believe there have been some, but how long do you wait before buying one? They are always evolving and improving, so you could wait forever.

Why not take the plunge and buy one now, you'll be pleased you didn't wait any longer.

I got my Xbox 360 at Christmas and have been very happy with it... and I used to be a Sony fanboy (well, as I'm in my late 30s that should be "fan man" I guess).

Immortal_Zarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Immortal_Zarok
Yeah I guess now is a good time to get one. I'll check in at EB and ask them about it. I'll probably get one now though I'm wondering whether there's going to be any specials on them closer to christmas.