I'm so stumped with PC gamers......... (No Bashing)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

especially after reading some comments, on the PC Vs. Xbox360 Bioshock feature, Gamespot has up on the PC section.

Funny, that people have, or will need to spend $1500+ on a PC rig, to get slightly improved graphical performance, compared to Xbox360, that retails for only $349.99.

Just over $999.99, will get you a 26" LCD HDTV, Xbox360 and Bioshock. I just never understood the whole PC way of gaming. Console gamers are pretty happy with their systems, all the way until their console's successors come out (around every 5 yrs), on the contrary, PC gamers are constantley upgrading every 6 months, just to squeeze a wee bit more performance out of their rigs.

Avatar image for Soldi3r1stClass
Soldi3r1stClass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Soldi3r1stClass
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
I totally agree with you. You're lucky you havent posted this in the PC forum. Thats like blood in the water. Theyre sharks man. But you gotta understand that they are dedicated gamers. To them the highest level of quality is damn important and why not? To each his own i say...
sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
i own both and i agree with you, when you buy a console THATS IT! final! play all the games no matter! with the pc you have to keep upgrading yet you dont with a console and it still runs with a little less graphical content. although alot of multiformat pc games look the same and on hd tv even the same really. i think the hook is the keyboard and mouse yet you can use those in 2 or the three consoles out now (not for wii xD) and anyway if the mouse and keyboard has more precisions then that means gaming on a pad is more challenging which means we are using more effort when we play.
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
I didn't spend 1500 dollars on my rig..I barely broke the 700 mark, and can run Bioshock with all settings High and AA! GG PC is always going to be better for FPS......for one reason only. Mouse and Keyboard. Don't get me wrong I love my 360, but my PC is just better for FPS's.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Oh look its one of these threads again. :?

Yes FPS is better on the PC. You can get a great rig for less than 700. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING. If you buy the console you spend 350, you then have to buy a HDTV to enable the "next gen" experience which costs around 500 at the least for decent size. So in the end you end up with a console that will eventually be redundant and has no advances in tech until the NEXT console comes out.

I love both my 360 and my PC, but why would i buy a 360 game instead of the PC version?? When my PC can display higher res and greater grapx? Not to mention the mods/patches/and other host of advantages that owning a pc brings.

All of you deluded people that say "you have to keep upgrading", its really getting boring hearing that because its not true. YOu upgrade like once every two years!! Whats the difference between buying a 200 mark grapx card and a 400 mark console? Oh look the pc grapx card is cheaper :? So i never understand the issue that people have with PCs:? :?

I would respond to sonic0491 by saying ......wa? You use a gamepad with PCs too fella:)

To conclude, dont be angry with PC's because you have to essentially pay to have the latest advancements in graphical technology (upgrades). I will restate that i love both my PC and 360, its just i hate tolerating the ignorance people have when it comes to PCs.

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 BikerPunk
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

i am PC/360 gamer. The Pc world is a wonderful place. an example is the battlefield series. I have a decent PC runnig that game, it runs really smooth and i can see a good distance, but no, the graphics may not get to the xbox level, but imagine this, your on the field with 16 players on XBL.....

On PC...i am running around with helicopters full of guys, tanks, jeeps, snipers medics demo, how many players??? 64. 64 players going full tile shooting the hell out of each other. Thats gaming at its best. I still play my shooters on 360 too!! dont get me wrong, but there are some games that the 360 wont be able to handle, cause it cant take the masses of people playing at once.

Also, take into consideration of MMORPGS. World of Warcraft, Warhammer online.....they just arent the same if they were on console. you need the keyboard/mouse and other items to run those. RTS games, 360 did a great job on C7C, but its still not the same as a keyboards shortcuts.

bascially each system has its Pros and Cons, and it really depends on the idividual and the game they like to play. i like both systems, and will contiue to play them both for the ones i love.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

No one understands the satisfaction of PC gaming until they actually build their own computer and see how absolutely kick ass it is. No other platform is as versatile, no other platform is so customizable.