I'm interested in getting an XBOX 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HotShot_SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HotShot_SS
Member since 2007 • 950 Posts

I got a ?. I will post another if I think of one.

What are the gamerpoints for? Are they like for ranks or can you get stuff with them?

whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
just to let people know how much you play, respect, or lack thereof. nothing really beneficial.
tbui54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#3 tbui54
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts
Yea, it's just for fun. Kind of neat if you're really competitive. :P
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts
Now if you have tons of games *more than 20* and you score is like below 500, then we could laugh.
Kaa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaa21
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts

I got a ?. I will post another if I think of one.

What are the gamerpoints for? Are they like for ranks or can you get stuff with them?

HotShot_SS

This may help you out for any questions....
http://au.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24019863

Its a 360 FAQ thats in one of the stickies( I only remember it cuz I made it :P).
I wouldn't recommend posting in it cuz its been dead for a loooong time. ;) But it should help for the basics.

alcomoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alcomoney
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
well hope u buy it so we play online together......and ur always welcome in the family of 10 million soon 11 million
luison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 luison
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

just get it you wont regret it damn it

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts
Best system on the market, You should get it.
WillKillsM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 WillKillsM
Member since 2006 • 586 Posts
Honestly you should really wait until the middle or the 3rd quarter of the year, then make your decision. The reason being PS3 has a great lineup too coming up, otherwise you'll buy a 360 then when they end up being like the 1st XBox you are gonna go and buy a PS3 anyways, if it pushes out the games like PS2 did by the end of the year.
gta_kid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 gta_kid1
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
At the moment it is the best system on the market get one
WillKillsM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WillKillsM
At the moment it is the best system on the market get onegta_kid1
Key word "AT THE MOMENT" I remember the Dreamcast was the best at the moment also, what happened to it???? Don't be so quick to judge when all the cards aren't on the table yet!
_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _koolgirl_
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

Honestly you should really wait until the middle or the 3rd quarter of the year, then make your decision. The reason being PS3 has a great lineup too coming up, otherwise you'll buy a 360 then when they end up being like the 1st XBox you are gonna go and buy a PS3 anyways, if it pushes out the games like PS2 did by the end of the year.WillKillsM

Just to point out, the roles of the 2 systems have switched.  Publishers/developers can't ignore the 10 million plus (and growing) userbase of the 360.  Xbox360 will be the one pushing out the games this year.  Sony may catch up, but it won't be this year. 

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

[QUOTE="WillKillsM"]Honestly you should really wait until the middle or the 3rd quarter of the year, then make your decision. The reason being PS3 has a great lineup too coming up, otherwise you'll buy a 360 then when they end up being like the 1st XBox you are gonna go and buy a PS3 anyways, if it pushes out the games like PS2 did by the end of the year._koolgirl_

Just to point out, the roles of the 2 systems have switched.  Publishers/developers can't ignore the 10 million plus (and growing) userbase of the 360.  Xbox360 will be the one pushing out the games this year.  Sony may catch up, but it won't be this year. 

great point, well made.

WillKillsM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WillKillsM
[QUOTE="_koolgirl_"]

[QUOTE="WillKillsM"]Honestly you should really wait until the middle or the 3rd quarter of the year, then make your decision. The reason being PS3 has a great lineup too coming up, otherwise you'll buy a 360 then when they end up being like the 1st XBox you are gonna go and buy a PS3 anyways, if it pushes out the games like PS2 did by the end of the year.boyinfridge

great point, well made.

both of you are completely **** at the fact that PS3 just came out and is starting to build their library. Give it some time and we will look back at this forum and you will say "I can't believe I said something so false"
boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts
[QUOTE="boyinfridge"][QUOTE="_koolgirl_"]

[QUOTE="WillKillsM"]Honestly you should really wait until the middle or the 3rd quarter of the year, then make your decision. The reason being PS3 has a great lineup too coming up, otherwise you'll buy a 360 then when they end up being like the 1st XBox you are gonna go and buy a PS3 anyways, if it pushes out the games like PS2 did by the end of the year.WillKillsM

great point, well made.

both of you are completely **** at the fact that PS3 just came out and is starting to build their library. Give it some time and we will look back at this forum and you will say "I can't believe I said something so false"

yes but you are also very silly to even compare the PS3 with the PS2 the situation is completely different this time, the 360 is already a well established consumer base, already millions ahead of the PS3 more devs are backing the 360 over the PS3 and then there is the price when the PS3 is 200 more than the 360 it has lost the advantage the PS2 had, atleast the PS2 was around the same price as its competition. The 360 has well over 160 games already and getting more all the time, this time around MS are putting more of the attention and money on the games.

thats it thankyou for reading