I'm going to buy a 360 Elite today: Which game would you recommend?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ByronMcKeeby (538 posts) -

I'm going out later to buy the 360 Elite and I was wondering...if I had only 1 game to buy to kick off my 360 experience, which one, in your honest opinion,would you suggest?

-Keep in mind, I don't like RPG's, racing games, andfantasy games. I'm a huge fan of shooters, war/action games, and sports games. (mainly football and baseball)

#2 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -

1. BioShock

2. Gears of War

3. Condemned

4. The Darkness

5. Lost Planet

6. Crackdown

All great games.

#3 Posted by CaUs3 (2903 posts) -
Rainbow Six Vegas
Madden 08

3weeks
Halo 3
#4 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -
guitar hero 2!
#5 Posted by Ryoco (237 posts) -
Gears of War
#6 Posted by FMX_Gamer (406 posts) -
GEARS OF WAR !!!
#7 Posted by nivet14 (5329 posts) -
Gears and Bioshock now. In about 3 weeks Halo 3.
#8 Posted by bamafan1434 (168 posts) -
Vegas or GRAW
#9 Posted by Quaresma (32 posts) -
Gears and Forza2 motorsport
#10 Posted by zulu56 (25 posts) -
get vegas or gears, medal of honor air borne in like 2 days
#11 Posted by Halo552 (523 posts) -
if you want a sports game get Madden 08,but if you want a shotter defintly get Bio-Shock!!
#12 Posted by Radiozo (2413 posts) -
Bioshock!!
#13 Posted by ByronMcKeeby (538 posts) -
I'm kinda leaning towards Gears of War at the moment since that seems to be the game that everyone has been raving about over the last year. I'm definitely curious about BioShock and the Tom Clancy games (GRAW, GRAW2, Spinter Cell, Vegas).
#14 Posted by Mr47fitter (2273 posts) -
Bioshock and gears their must buys
#15 Posted by callen3 (1289 posts) -

Rainbow6 vegas and Shadowrun

#16 Posted by xboxbattlestar (26 posts) -

1. Gears of War

2. FEAR - this one fell off the radar a little, but I think it's one of the better FPS's on the 360 - the single player and online multiplayer are great, and it's getting expansions at the end of october

Avatar image for Mr_Bubbles4Pres
#17 Posted by Mr_Bubbles4Pres (80 posts) -
Bioshock or Gears
#18 Posted by inst1nct31 (481 posts) -

Bioshock or Gears

Edit: I did post this without even looking at the post above me..Great minds think alike eh?

#19 Posted by jaminnbn (299 posts) -

FORZA 2... i dont care if u dont like racing...

and bioshock

#20 Posted by jchaff (1063 posts) -
bioshock and gears
#21 Posted by ByronMcKeeby (538 posts) -

FORZA 2... i dont care if u dont like racing...jaminnbn

Actually, I like racing games. However, I would only buy one if it really, REALLY kicks ass. The only racing game I've bought since the PS2 launched is Burnout 3.

#22 Posted by jamejame (10623 posts) -
Gears
#23 Posted by ByronMcKeeby (538 posts) -
I just got back from BestBuy (which is only 5 minutes from where I live). I picked up the Elite and a copy of GoW. It's funny cuz I had a conversation with the Electronics guy there and he kept insisting that GRAW2 and RS:V are better. I basically told him that I'll probably buy them down the road but I want to start with GoW. I haven't started playing yet cuz I'm getting to eat lunch. I can't wait to see what it's like.
#24 Posted by Holden14 (4286 posts) -
Get Rainbow Six Vegas...there's no better choice at this point.
#25 Posted by Holden14 (4286 posts) -
I just got back from BestBuy (which is only 5 minutes from where I live). I picked up the Elite and a copy of GoW. It's funny cuz I had a conversation with the Electronics guy there and he kept insisting that GRAW2 and RS:V are better. I basically told him that I'll probably buy them down the road but I want to start with GoW. I haven't started playing yet cuz I'm getting to eat lunch. I can't wait to see what it's like.ByronMcKeeby
FOOL!! You should have taken his advice...if only I'd gotten to you earlier...lol.
#26 Posted by Jbul (4838 posts) -

I'm going out later to buy the 360 Elite and I was wondering...if I had only 1 game to buy to kick off my 360 experience, which one, in your honest opinion,would you suggest?

-Keep in mind, I don't like RPG's, racing games, andfantasy games. I'm a huge fan of shooters, war/action games, and sports games. (mainly football and baseball)

ByronMcKeeby

Bioshock is one of the best games I've ever played, and I've been gaming for 20+ years. Also DEFINITELY get Gears of War, and since you said you love shooters, I'd highly, highly recommend Ghost Recon 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas. Both amazing games with killer online mutiplayer. Have fun!

#27 Posted by Food_Nipple (8379 posts) -

These are the best games on the 360. Take your pick:

Gears of War, Bioshock, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six Vegas, Forza Motorsport 2, Call of Duty 3

Then there are some cheap games that aren't quite as good, but are underrated and extremely cheap now:

Burnout Revenge, Dead or Alive 4, FEAR, Saints Row

Those are all games I have, and I consider them the best of my 360 collection.