I'm finding it somewhat difficult to retain some of the XBL friends I have

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts
What has been happening to me is that I am good friends with someone and then all of a sudden they turn against me, don't welcome me to their rooms, kick me without explaining anything and use the common trashtalk lingo that I just don't understand. In all of these cases these former friends of mine are or were in a distinguished clan, some of which have welcomed me at one point and then the next just blew me off and said for me to suck **** it - sometimes they would just defriend me without telling me why or in other cases when they just turn against me I have to take them off my friends.
Mabooza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mabooza
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts
Forget them. Find new friends.
NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NicAgent
Forget them. Find new friends.Mabooza
i have plenty of other friends but it still hurts especially if i apparently did nothing wrong to those ppl who betray me
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Forget them. Find new friends.Mabooza

Don't see how you can call them "friends" in the first place if they treat you like that. Tell them it's just a game and to get over themselves. You must not be "leet" enough for their "Posse"

zellwood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 zellwood69
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
its just the way some people are i wouldnt worry about it there are tons of people on XBL to have on your list. my list is very small and its just people really know it helps to keep the wishy washy people out.. you can add me if you want.
zellwood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 zellwood69
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
its just the way some people are i wouldnt worry about it there are tons of people on XBL to have on your list. my list is very small and its just people i really know it helps to keep the wishy washy people out.. you can add me if you want.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#7 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

[QUOTE="Mabooza"]Forget them. Find new friends.NicAgent
i have plenty of other friends but it still hurts especially if i apparently did nothing wrong to those ppl who betray me

they aren't real friends....they are people who enjoy videogames as much as yourself. Who cares? Seriously!

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="Mabooza"]Forget them. Find new friends.NicAgent

They're probably just a**holes forget them. Maybe the kid's sad cause the day was bad and instead of being nice they exploded with testosterone. I don't think you want nor need to be friends with people that can't control their hormones.

RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
Pretty much every person on my friends list is someone I know personally so if they screw me over i'll just go to their house and crap on the hood of their car.
NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NicAgent
Same thing happens to me occaisionally, just forget them, people like that aren't worth our time.TaintedSaint666
yeah true - these people though are AT FIRST nice ppl and are worthy of being on my list and then they defect with no apparent notice
black_steel_4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 black_steel_4u
Member since 2006 • 904 Posts
oh please wat ru going to say when a girl dumps u. dont add random people on xbox i hate wen people do that......
pwnr227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pwnr227
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
they sound like real dickweeds, plenty of those no matter where you go...
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

its just the way clans are

i've been in plenty of clans and had to do the same thing, and i've had it done to me just a couple days ago because of a clan

Avatar image for DbleBassDrummer
DbleBassDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 DbleBassDrummer
Member since 2005 • 1375 Posts
The thing with XBL friends is that unless you're really good at the games you play, or are some sort of unforgettable social butterfly, most people will treat you as disposable. The ties with XBL friends are super thin.
pino4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 pino4545
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts

You seem like a nice person, but how old are you? Listen their not really friends their just other dudes who play xbox, you will never meet them so you shouldn't care what they think, do or say, its no issue, really.

Hitman2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hitman2500
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
this happens to me too. I go into one of my friend's games and he tells me to leave he is expecting someone else, even though they invited me.
KBFTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KBFTodd
Member since 2006 • 342 Posts

Sounds like it's time for a block.....

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NicAgent
oh please wat ru going to say when a girl dumps u. dont add random people on xbox i hate wen people do that......black_steel_4u
i dont i only add someone if i play with them and feel i want to play with them again
magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts

Its natural law, you will always get backstabbing b*stards in this world. Keep your chin up mate, you'll find other decent folk to play against. Although I won't be on for a few months on LIVE you can add me if you like. My gamertag is on my profile.

Peace

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NicAgent

Its natural law, you will always get backstabbing b*stards in this world. Keep your chin up mate, you'll find other decent folk to play against. Although I won't be on for a few months on LIVE you can add me if you like. My gamertag is on my profile.

Peace

magic_dragon
like i said before i certainly have no shortage of xbox live friends though i am rather ticked off by some of the ones i had betraying me for no apparent reason
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#22 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
The best advice I can give you is to choose good friends from the start. I got friends in my friend list who I knew sense the original Xbox. I also got my real friends GT from school too so I suggest you do the same too. It is pretty fun playing with a party of people who you know in real life.
lukeymonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lukeymonw
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
People are definitely tough to read. If you trust them at first and they turn out to be a bad read, f'em dude. Don't even think twice about tossing them to the side and moving on. Live is huge and full of people who play games for fun, not to dominate the world with their elite crew.
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
[QUOTE="magic_dragon"]

Peace

NicAgent

like i said before i certainly have no shortage of xbox live friends though i am rather ticked off by some of the ones i had betraying me for no apparent reason

Dude...it's a videogame...not like you caught your best friend boning your girl or something...chill out. Not trying to be mean, but it's just videogames, not the end of the world. People are shady dicks, oh well, thats life.

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts

Who needs friends when you've got THE GOLDEN GUNS!!!111!!!eleven!!!

However in all seriousness i wouldn't take it personally, if you met these people randomly (i.e. in some game you joined) you most likely will lose them randomly.

If you want you can add me (JJpenguin) but like i always say...don't speak to strangers on the internet

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
Keep your feeling's away from xbox live nuff said.
deltaboarder18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deltaboarder18
Member since 2004 • 2527 Posts
Not to be negative or anything, but maybe you're not up to their unusually high standards, seeing as they are in a "distinguished clan"