I'm a bit of a stalemate between Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4 for Christm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gameaddict2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gameaddict2424
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts

So Christmas is approaching ever so closely and I'm done with all my finals so finally I can focus on video gaming! But I a problem....I have a 360 and my mom asked the usual question "what games do you like this year" basically implying

"Tell me the game you want and I will buy it". So I told her I liked a game called "Mass Effect" because I been waiting for it for some time and it looked like a interesting rpg she asked for 1 more game and I couldn't decide between Assassin's Creed and

COD4 I don't know what to pick I love multiplayer games but I really love stealth games, what to choose plz help me out! tell me what you would choose and why thanks community of gamespot!

atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
Well, AC is a beautiful game that you must buy, but if you need it to last a long time get COD4, if not get AC.
goallie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 goallie
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
Out of those two, get Call of Duty.
Gameaddict2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gameaddict2424

COD4's Multiplayer Longevity sounds really appealing but, Assassin's Creed looks so gorgeous but so does COD4.....

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GTFan712
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts
Call of Duty 4. There's absolutely no replay value in Assassin's Creed.
Gameaddict2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gameaddict2424
Yea.... You do have a point once I beat Assassin's Creed that's probably the only time i'll play it but COD4 multiplayer can last a couple years.....
atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
Prestige mode does make COD4 last forever...
sk8jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sk8jim
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
CoD 4 due to replay value of multiplayer
Gameaddict2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gameaddict2424
Call of Duty 4 is looking pretty good right now...
Frylock330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Frylock330
Member since 2007 • 362 Posts

Get COD 4 if you have Live. If not the single player isnt that great after one play through and it is 10 hours or less.

tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
there is a recommendation sticky thread at the top; i'm getting pretty tired of these
littledevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 littledevin
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It depends on your style of gaming. If you are looking for more of a multiplayer game and you would like to spend lots of time into it. I would say COD4. If your looking for a new interesting story with a different stlye of gaming, I would say Assassins Creed. However, COD4 has an awesome story too. In my opionin I would pick COD4.
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts
all the noobs here will tell you cod4. get assassins creed. (i love making people mad)
j_sound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 j_sound
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts
i say transformers, MAN, that game is sooooo fun!
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
Call of Duty 4 was better, but that's not saying much. Neither of the games are that fantastic...
purified-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 purified-7
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
get them both
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
Assassin's Creed is short, and has no replay value. I beat it and got all the achievements in under 30 hours, and I will never go back to it. I haven't played CoD4, but the multiplayer will keep that game going for much longer than Assassin's Creed. Don't get me wrong, Assassin's Creed is an amazing game! It was a lot of fun, but once you are done... That's it. It's over. Rent it and play it, but don't buy it. It's not really worth the $60.
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

So Christmas is approaching ever so closely and I'm done with all my finals so finally I can focus on video gaming! But I a problem....I have a 360 and my mom asked the usual question "what games do you like this year" basically implying

"Tell me the game you want and I will buy it". So I told her I liked a game called "Mass Effect" because I been waiting for it for some time and it looked like a interesting rpg she asked for 1 more game and I couldn't decide between Assassin's Creed and

COD4 I don't know what to pick I love multiplayer games but I really love stealth games, what to choose plz help me out! tell me what you would choose and why thanks community of gamespot!

Gameaddict2424

Okay bro. I won't lie to you. I am rank 55 in Call of Duty 4, I have all the perks and have unlocked every attachment for every weapon. I gave the game around a month to appease me. It's a complete waste of your money. I've repeated this a number of times, but I don't mind repeating it again if it will prevent one person from buying Infinity Ward's piece of crap.

First of all, I come from Call of Duty 1 where the game actually requires a little bit of skill if you want to win. Call of Duty 2 was a waste of time. Call of Duty 4...is just basically CoD 2 with better graphics and suckier weapons. There's a bunch of weapons to choose from, but they basically all shoot paper (unless you equip the "Stopping Power" perk).

I have compiled a small list of reasons why this game was created for complete noobs to the FPS genre:

1. Requires absolutely no skill to kill someone. Equip stopping power/steady aim perk, pick your favorite automatic weapon (any automatic weapon), fire in the general direction your enemy approaches you from -- you win!
2. Since it's extremely easy to achieve a kill in this game, once you achieve 3 kills (in a row) you may call in a UAV scan, revealing every enemy on the map for 36 seconds. When you achieve 2 more kills, you get the ability to call down an air strike which, unless you're handicapped when it comes to this feature, you will get 3-5 kills easily. 2 more kills, and you get the ability to call in a helicopter (computer controlled) to kill anyone it sees in an instant with it's machine gun / dual missile launchers.
3. There's a gameplay called Sabotage where the player must grab a bomb and bring it to the enemy's bombing point and destroy the cache. While you have the bomb, every enemy player can see where you are indicated by a big >KILL THIS GUY< icon, which is in fact, right above your head. Stupid.
4. The sniper rifles are absolutely the worst design of any gun I have ever seen in any game. They are completely broken and therefore should not be used (and even if they weren't broken...the maps are not sniper friendly at all).
5. Shooting through walls. Yes, I believe in prior shooters this was refered to as a type of wall hack. But no, Infinity Ward decided..."Aw shucks - let's give every player the ability to shoot through a wall!" Stupid.
6. Did I mention how easy it is to kill someone with a grenade? Pull the pin, count to 3, throw the grenade, you get a kill. Not only that, but later in the game you get a perk which allows for you to hold three frag grenades.
7. One of the main reasons I can think of why this game is so awful is the map design. The horrid, terrible map design. It's just something you have to actually see to take in why the maps are so bad (not all of them. A couple of them I like...but the map "Shipment" is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever seen in any game. Halo doesn't even create maps that idiotically).

Well there you go. 7 good reasons not to buy Call of Duty 4. You will have a much better time with Halo 3 or Assassin's Creed. Trust me. I am a veteran of the Call of Duty series and have been playing it competitively since the beginning, when it arrived on the PC in 2003. It is a terribly overrated game and the majority of the time you spend online will be a frustrating experience.

Really, it would be okay if the single player was actually longer than 3 minutes. The single player experience was ridiculously short compared to it's prior titles. I enjoyed the single player like I always do with the CoD series. But it's multilpayer has sucked ever since Call of Duty 2 arrived. Don't buy it.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#20 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
I say get COD4 or Mass Effect man :)
tautitan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tautitan123
Member since 2005 • 391 Posts
Have you considered buying COD4 and using an online rental places' free half month or so trial period to play Assassin's Creed?
Mstrchiefpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Mstrchiefpwns
Member since 2006 • 814 Posts
Assassin's creed is fun until you realize that all of the missions in every city are the same and everything plays out pretty much the same throughout the game, very repetitive experience. And also one of the worst endings i've ever seen for a stealth game or any game in general. Despite this tho it's still worth a rent, definitely not a buy tho. Go with CoD4.
Kounterfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kounterfit
Member since 2005 • 1230 Posts
AC is definately an amazing game and was very enjoyable, COD4 was simple a breath of fresh air. The singleplayer had so many memorable moments and the multiplayer is so much fun. I would definately say get both but if I had to choose one, it would be COD4
DaveFiveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaveFiveR
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Hey there.

I own both Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4.

First off Assassin's Creed.
> You start the game thinking, yea man this is awesome.
> You climb some walls kill some peeps and think yea man this is awesome.
> You then get to the middle of the game and think, hmm this is the same as what i did yesterday.
> You play through it thinking it'll get better, only to keep doing the same thing in the end.

As the fustration of being stealthy wore off, I was running around the level, doing side missions which are just the same but 5 or more places on the level. Basically it feels as if you're doing the same things over and over again.

Call of Duty 4.
> Single player = Short. Not gonna lie, everyone knows this already. Despite its shortness, there is a great deal crammed in to make it better than most FPS single player modes.
> I saw someone moaned about the game being an FPS for noobs. Thing is, this is more of a tactical shooter, not so much as the ways of Rainbow Six. But you need to kinda think, should I run in there or not, as it only takes a few bullets to die. So the veterans of Halo just won't get on with this game. You can't stand in the open and take lots of hits and then walk away to tell the tale.
> The multiplayer offers an endless amount of fun especially if you are playing in a party with your mates.

My recommendation would be to get CoD4 for Christmas.

If you are familiar with other FPS games, you can pick this one up and be away in minutes. The perks you have to unlock in the game don't offer massive advantages so you aren't gonna be at a huge disadvantage from the start. You just have to use your head rather than a run and gun technique. Spray and pray does work sometimes and yes you can shoot through thin walls. So why he's moaning about a gun that can shoot through thin wood or corigated iron I don't know.

FiveR

arkboy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 arkboy_basic
Member since 2002 • 747 Posts

all the noobs here will tell you cod4. get assassins creed. (i love making people mad)haven79

I'll take the other side from this guy. Assassins creed offers nothing new to the table besides its climbing and that gets old after a couple of hours. It is repetitive and you literally do the same thing over and over again. I honestly did not think much of it at all when I rented it and beat it in 3 days. I won't go as far as to say it sucks because the gameplay was kinda fun and the story was above average, but if I were you I would steer clear of assassins creed. COD4 is great. It's 360 game of the year in my opinion. It has the best campaign I have played in a long time and the multiplayer is the most addictive thing I have played in a long time. Everything the guy says in his page long diatribe against COD4 a page back is wrong. Get COD4 and don't look back.

Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts

My vote is definitely for Call of Duty 4 as it has a ton more replay value than Assassin's Creed. Don't get me wrong I loved AC but once I got all the achievements in the first run through, there was very little drive for me to play again.

CoD 4 multiplayer is so awesome that I think about it practically all the time.

haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts
if you like shooters, get halo 3. it you like stealth, get assassins creed
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
COD4
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
They are both great games but COD4 really stands out here. It has a lot of replay value and is one great game in every respect.
DaveFiveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaveFiveR

if you like shooters, get halo 3. it you like stealth, get assassins creedhaven79

If you like Halo1 and 2 get Halo 3. If you like shooters get CoD4.

ignacios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ignacios
MAN if u want a really good game get halo3, AC is not that good its boring after some time but if u have to decide between those AC and COD4 get COD4 because i have it and the story may be short but its really envolving and realistic. But the best game ever will continue to be HALO3 because im a veteran of it.
Iownurmom6275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Iownurmom6275

COD4 ALL THE WAY MAN IS THE BEST THING EVR

sumhydroponic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sumhydroponic
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts
I got both for christmas, although my daughter opened up Assassins Creed so my fiance let me have it early. Can't wait for Call of Duty 4 cuz I loves me some multiplayer. So tough call, but I'd say get both, if ya can't just get Call of Duty 4
crazygamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 crazygamer1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
COD4 for sure. Assassin's creed is an awesome game that you should definitely play, however I wouldn't recommend buying it, just rent it and beat it because it has NO replay value after you beat it. COD4 is definitely what you should buy.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
ummm cod4 is amazing lol
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Call of Duty 4 byquite a bit. Also, Transformers was a bad game, but it really was fun for a while.
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts

If you want a game that will last you a long time. I'd go for Call of Duty 4 as the multiplayer will keep you busy.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#38 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

call of duty 4 is the easy choice

yes, assassins creed is a beautiful game that controls well and the platforming is awesome....but its not worth the purchase just because it gets very repetitive and tiresome quickly.

DaveFiveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaveFiveR
Just get CoD4 mate and then if you have money in the new year get Assassin's Creed. CoD4 is gonna keep you entertained for the holidays. Creed won't, simple as that!
El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
First of all you need to get assassins creed. It is both innovative and a breath of fresh air from the shooter-heavy library of the 360. If you take your time playing this game, and not rush through it like most people do, you'll finish it thinking that it is one of the best singleplayer experiences you'll have ever had and you'll just be dying for the next one to come out. BUT, there is a but, after you beat it, there is little reason to go back other than to immerse yourself in the beautiful cities, climb the buildings and kill guards (which I find myself doing quote a bit). It is a must play but the little replay value presents a difficult choice SOOO, here's what you do. Get assassins creed and have your mom give you a gift reciept, beat the game then go to the retailer and tell them that you the game from two different people, and exchange it for call of duty. There problem solved, and you'll have played two awesome games at no cost to you.