If you liekd Shadowrun or TF2 give Brink a try

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#1 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Hello fellow 360 gamers, I remember the bad reviews Shadowrun got but I liked that game alot and got more fun out of it then the yearly halo or cod games.

With that said, I got Brink last night and have been having a blast with it. Its good team work oriented class based shooter. If you like your shooters for doign things solo you probably wont like this game, as team work is needed all the time.

Its not perfect, the server browser is horrid (pc version) and there could be a few more levels but the gameplay, graphics, controls and fun factor are very good imo.

Doubt the game will get great reviews or be the next super popular shooter, but if you are looking for a fun team oriented game then give it a try, there is also TONS of custimization and leveling up.

I remember some fellow xbox owners enjoyign Shadowrun on these forums awhile back so thought I would give a little heads up to people who enjoyed that game or tf2.

It reminds me of a combination of the following games (with its own aspects mixed in): Team Fortress2, Wolfenstien (xbox 1), Shadowrun and Unreal 2k4 (PC), with a few aspects reminding me of L4D, Halo Reach INVASION mode and Quake Wars.

It does have a bit of a learning curve but if you are pateint and have an open mind you could be rewarded with a very fun and rewarding game.

*Dont expect a crazy campaign*

Gsmith92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#2 Gsmith92
Member since 2008 • 275 Posts

Thanks! I was really excited about Brink, but after seeing some of the reviews it's been gotten i've been a little uneasy about shelling out $60 for it. I love L4D and TF2, I don't know if you played it, but does it have much of a resemblence to Mirror's Edge atmosphere and gameplay wise?

Castorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Castorz
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts
in on kozzy1234 mac dre andre thread.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Thanks! I was really excited about Brink, but after seeing some of the reviews it's been gotten i've been a little uneasy about shelling out $60 for it. I love L4D and TF2, I don't know if you played it, but does it have much of a resemblence to Mirror's Edge atmosphere and gameplay wise?

Gsmith92

When I was telling my friend about it, he asked what games the gameplay has reminded me of? I said it feels like a amsh up of Team Fortress2, Wolfenstien (on the first xbox) Shadowrun, Left4Dead, Quake Wars and Mirrors Edge all in some ways. Along with its own aspects to.

I was not expecting much but then i heard it was by the people who did the old wolfenstien, quake wars and enemy territories I thought I had to give it a try as I enjoyed those online games. Glad I gave it a chance now because the team work that is needed in this game is a breath of fresh air.

The core gameplay is very good, especially if you get two good teams goign at it, working as a team is a MUST, I think with a few patches and a new new maps it could be a game I play for a good while.

I just got Portal2 and Dead Space2 lately and I have enjoyed Brink alot more already to be honest after only about 8-9 hours. Not going to be for everything, especially those looking for campaign.

ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts

Hm .. Shadowrun is one of my favorites. I never cared about Brink before but now that you said this, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

Hello fellow 360 gamers, I remember the bad reviews Shadowrun got but I liked that game alot and got more fun out of it then the yearly halo or cod games.

With that said, I got Brink last night and have been having a blast with it. Its good team work oriented class based shooter. If you like your shooters for doign things solo you probably wont like this game, as team work is needed all the time.

Its not perfect, the server browser is horrid (pc version) and there could be a few more levels but the gameplay, graphics, controls and fun factor are very good imo.

Doubt the game will get great reviews or be the next super popular shooter, but if you are looking for a fun team oriented game then give it a try, there is also TONS of custimization and leveling up.

I remember some fellow xbox owners enjoyign Shadowrun on these forums awhile back so thought I would give a little heads up to people who enjoyed that game or tf2.

It reminds me of a combination of the following games (with its own aspects mixed in): Team Fortress2, Wolfenstien (xbox 1), Shadowrun and Unreal 2k4 (PC), with a few aspects reminding me of L4D, Halo Reach INVASION mode and Quake Wars.

It does have a bit of a learning curve but if you are pateint and have an open mind you could be rewarded with a very fun and rewarding game.

*Dont expect a crazy campaign*

kozzy1234

Disrespectful to compare the two games (tf2 and brink) TF2 got a 9, Brink got a 6. If anything, it's a really poor mans TF2, and I mean really POOR!

Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

thnkx for the insight... i know the multiplayer's gonna be awesum..but how is the single player? u kno the story and all?