If there will be a new halo 4 not including halo odst and halo wars...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

destroyer987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 destroyer987
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
If there will be a new halo 4 not including halo odst and halo wars do you think Master Chief should be able to pick up a jackal's Shield. Give your opinion on what he should be able to do like more features more weapons power up ETC. P.S there might be a forum like this and if there is Im sorry for making another on.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

After ODST, with the exception of DLC for Halo Wars, the Halo franchise should be left alone Even though Wingnut is working on something, at this time, since nothing has been said about it, they should stop. Bungie already said that ODST is their last look at Halo, and Microsoft should take the same look too. The story arch is finished, it's already a household name, just leave it at that.

thecritic482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thecritic482
Yeah he should be able to pick up the shield and be able top ride a pelican. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOOOL!!!
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

After ODST, with the exception of DLC for Halo Wars, the Halo franchise should be left alone Even though Wingnut is working on something, at this time, since nothing has been said about it, they should stop. Bungie already said that ODST is their last look at Halo, and Microsoft should take the same look too. The story arch is finished, it's already a household name, just leave it at that.

Legendaryscmt
where did you read that this is there last look at halo ?
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

THERE WILL NOT BE A HALO 4!!!!! im tired of reading posts saying "halo4". the halo series is OVER they cannot make another one..the war is over. no more flood. and all the halos are destroyed. tell me how u mmake a HALO4 with noi HALOS ?

PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts

There is a new story article on the Halo franchise's future that was recently posted on Gamespot. I would really like to see a new Halo game...Halo 4. But, I'm not very sure it will ever happen.

zombehhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 zombehhhh
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

For your information, there will be a Halo 4. Play the last mission of the campaign on legendary in Halo 3. Finish watching the credits and watch the two videos right after. It's leading right up to a Halo 4. And besides, look at the history. Even if Halo 3 didn't lead up to a Halo 4, Bungie would still make another Halo game (besides ODST and Halo Wars). The Halo series (especially Halo 3) has been one of the biggest sellers in video game history! Bungie would be fools not to continue making Halo games.

KR6716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KR6716
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts
I also think there will probably be another game released by Bungie that involves MC and/or the Halo universe, but I don't think it will be called Halo 4 or Halo at all. Halo refers to the Halo rings and the war against the Covenant and thats over. So thats what I think about the next "Halo".
zquare_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zquare_eyes
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

prequel.

THERE WILL NOT BE A HALO 4!!!!! im tired of reading posts saying "halo4". the halo series is OVER they cannot make another one..the war is over. no more flood. and all the halos are destroyed. tell me how u mmake a HALO4 with noi HALOS ?

CrazyGamer02149

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
i would love to see another halo, and just like @zombehhhh "said" halo 3 finished in a very interesting/questionable way. As a halo fan i would like to continue masterchiefs story but with bungie in it.
Treeafodo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Treeafodo1

I'm a die hard halo fan, but after ODST i hope there done with Halo, just because i ( and probably many many others) dont want them to ruin it with a game to try to continue the series for money... not sure if i worded this right, hope i did, anyone else feel this way?>

Edit: I want another halo game, dont get me wrong, but the story was very good, and i have a feeling it might be ruined with another one after odst for money, and the replay value for halo is awesome, so just play them all again :D

destroyer987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 destroyer987
I want one two but i tried to do that thing on legendary but it didnt work
Atomic_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Atomic_Bacon
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
should be able to pick up a bubble shield and run with it, for on-the-go protection.
Atomic_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Atomic_Bacon
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
idont think there will be a halo 4 tho...
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
Isn't Gearbox supposed to be doing a Halo game?
scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 scarymovie5
Member since 2007 • 1691 Posts
I want one two but i tried to do that thing on legendary but it didnt workdestroyer987
you could probably youtube it.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

I really believe that BUNGIE has wiped their hands, and that they are just gonna start a whole new project unrelated to HALO, because M$ isn't behind them to advertise the crap out of the game lol, they'll release their next project on the PS3 and 360 out of spite.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts
Well bungie have said that ODST will be final, so we can count them out (thankfully), but gearbox still have the rights, so your hopes would be in them i guess.
ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ArcticWolf77
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

CrazyGamer02149

Negative. Exactly 2 Halos were destroyed. Installation 04, which you destroyed in Halo:CE, and the replacement for Installation 04, which you destroyed in Halo 3. That leaves 6 other Halos that are intact.

Also, Gearbox is NOT making a Halo game. Why does everyone say this?

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Legendaryscmt

I agree. Forget Halo, bring back Marathon!!!

LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LoseEagles1245
[QUOTE="ArcticWolf77"]

[QUOTE="CrazyGamer02149"]

Negative. Exactly 2 Halos were destroyed. Installation 04, which you destroyed in Halo:CE, and the replacement for Installation 04, which you destroyed in Halo 3. That leaves 6 other Halos that are intact.

Do you have proof? There was a rumor or confirmation, not sure which a few months back about Gearbox making a Halo game.
Avatar image for deactivated-58c0b87340f8b
deactivated-58c0b87340f8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 deactivated-58c0b87340f8b
Member since 2007 • 1988 Posts

If you saw the extra bit when you finish on legendary, you might have noticed a similarity to Marathon. Is this a reference, or where the two series connected all this time?

Avatar image for deactivated-58c0b87340f8b
deactivated-58c0b87340f8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 deactivated-58c0b87340f8b
Member since 2007 • 1988 Posts

[QUOTE="ArcticWolf77"]

[QUOTE="CrazyGamer02149"]

LoseEagles1245

Do you have proof? There was a rumor or confirmation, not sure which a few months back about Gearbox making a Halo game.

BTW, Gearbox made the PC version of Halo CE.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
dont care, dont want another 1, dont mess with the legacy, u dont want the series dragging on
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LoseEagles1245
[QUOTE="ZackerThe3rd"]

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"][QUOTE="ArcticWolf77"]

I knew that, it's supposed to be a new Halo game.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
quick correction: he's not asking for an "halo 4" hes asking if their will be another halo after ODST. the answer is a big YES since microsoft has started a team of developers just for expanding the halo series.
gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

There will be another Halo game. Just because Bungie says there wont be doesnt mean there actually won't be. With how sucessful the franchise is, they wont just let it go. Just because the original trilogy is over doesnt mean they wont make another. There could easily still be a few covenent left behind, or another halo ring tucked away somewhere. Or it might be a spinoff so that they dont need to call it Halo 4. Bungie isnt going to just let it go.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

CrazyGamer02149

They could get a collection of Japanese game designers/writers and keep resurrecting the same bad guy(s) again and again for each new game.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Honestly I think the STORYLINE to Halo is over, that Halo 3 would be the last we'd see of it for quite awhile (maybe something else when the next Xbox comes along). However I do believe we will have another Halo game and I've talked about this for a long time, its going to be strictly multiplayer either a Battlefield 1942 style where you have massive maps and army vs. army with all the vehicles tossed in or (more than likely) an Unreal Tournament style game with just deathmatches and other types of multiplayer matches with bots for single player use but the main draw will be the online side of things.

Microsoft nor Bungie will walk away from what Halo has become, and if the amount of online play it gets is any idea of how big this game is, both companies will bank on the sure thing and go with another Halo game geared towards online play (which has always been its main draw). Also I wouldn't be surprised if this is the game that finally breaks the barrier for Computer vs. Console gaming (or Games for Windows) and finally shows developers how to do it probably.

Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
I would like it if they remade halo 1 like they remade metal gear solid 1, but this time they put online multiplayer in it.
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KorruptRaiden

Honestly I think the STORYLINE to Halo is over, that Halo 3 would be the last we'd see of it for quite awhile (maybe something else when the next Xbox comes along). However I do believe we will have another Halo game and I've talked about this for a long time, its going to be strictly multiplayer either a Battlefield 1942 style where you have massive maps and army vs. army with all the vehicles tossed in or (more than likely) an Unreal Tournament style game with just deathmatches and other types of multiplayer matches with bots for single player use but the main draw will be the online side of things.

Microsoft nor Bungie will walk away from what Halo has become, and if the amount of online play it gets is any idea of how big this game is, both companies will bank on the sure thing and go with another Halo game geared towards online play (which has always been its main draw). Also I wouldn't be surprised if this is the game that finally breaks the barrier for Computer vs. Console gaming (or Games for Windows) and finally shows developers how to do it probably.

kejigoto

No you need to think outside the mainstream square, its like saying it was impossible to make games from the finished star wars series, yet you see games like force unleashed which have quite decent stories and even better KOTOR!.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="ZackerThe3rd"]

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"] Do you have proof? There was a rumor or confirmation, not sure which a few months back about Gearbox making a Halo game.LoseEagles1245

Lol do you go to the gearbox forums, there were rumors and the developers said its a MAYBE in the future, read before you post troll (ArcticWolf77).

I dont recall anyone saying gearbox are actually making the game, i do recall people discussing the fact that they have the rights to it, hence it is always a possiblity in the future.

ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ArcticWolf77

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"][QUOTE="ZackerThe3rd"]BTW, Gearbox made the PC version of Halo CE.

KorruptRaiden

Lol do you go to the gearbox forums, there were rumors and the developers said its a MAYBE in the future, read before you post troll (ArcticWolf77).

Microsoft has assembled a team and will be doing the next Halo in house. This is a fact. Get your facts straight, and then we can talk.

WWW.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2008/08/29/exclusive-gearbox-is-not-developing-halo-4/1

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"]

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"] I knew that, it's supposed to be a new Halo game.ArcticWolf77

Microsoft has assembled a team and will be doing the next Halo in house. This is a fact. Get your facts straight, and then we can talk.

I didnt even say gearbox are making it, can you read? (rhetorical question), what i am saying is that gearbox have the rights to the franchise which means in the 'future' (you might need a dictionary haha) it could be a possibility. Also microsoft dont have any in house developers and knowing them they will recruit some below par developers for the project and probably wreck the franchise even more than halo2 and halo3 did.
ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArcticWolf77

[QUOTE="ArcticWolf77"]

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"] Lol do you go to the gearbox forums, there were rumors and the developers said its a MAYBE in the future, read before you post troll (ArcticWolf77).

KorruptRaiden

I didnt even say gearbox are making it, can you read? (rhetorical question), what i am saying is that gearbox have the rights to the franchise which means in the 'future' (you might need a dictionary haha) it could be a possibility. Also microsoft dont have any in house developers and knowing them they will recruit some below par developers for the project and probably wreck the franchise even more than halo2 and halo3 did.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2008/08/29/exclusive-gearbox-is-not-developing-halo-4/1

Gearbox does not have the rights to the Halo franchise. Keep rambling on though.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="ArcticWolf77"]

ArcticWolf77

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2008/08/29/exclusive-gearbox-is-not-developing-halo-4/1

Gearbox does not have the rights to the Halo franchise. Keep rambling on though.

Unless they sold them they do, would they develope CE without them, NO!
ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ArcticWolf77

[QUOTE="ArcticWolf77"]

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"] I didnt even say gearbox are making it, can you read? (rhetorical question), what i am saying is that gearbox have the rights to the franchise which means in the 'future' (you might need a dictionary haha) it could be a possibility. Also microsoft dont have any in house developers and knowing them they will recruit some below par developers for the project and probably wreck the franchise even more than halo2 and halo3 did.KorruptRaiden

Unless they sold them they do, would they develope CE without them, NO!

Gearbox made the PC version of Halo:CE. We all know this. They were recruited by Bungie/MS to make a PC version. Thats it. Bungie is now independent, MS owns the rights to all things Halo, and is assembling an IN-HOUSE TEAM to handle the next Halo game. I am not making this up. The Gearbox rumor was just that, a rumor. I already gave you a link. I know you like to troll Halo and want so desperately to be right, but you will have to concede this one. Sorry fanboy.

cerealkiller8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 cerealkiller8
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts

There definitley will NOT be a Halo 4, and that was announced by Bungie themselves. What they seriousley need to do is create a Halo prequel about the events of the Fall of Reach and stuff.

ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ArcticWolf77

There definitley will NOT be a Halo 4, and that was announced by Bungie themselves. What they seriousley need to do is create a Halo prequel about the events of the Fall of Reach and stuff.

cerealkiller8

I agree. It will be a Spinoff, prequel, based of the books, but it will not have "4" in the title.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts

I don't think they will make Halo 4 b/c from what i read, bungie are working on tieing their marathon series with their halo series. so maybe a new series of games is going to come out.

bigg660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bigg660
Member since 2004 • 37 Posts

[QUOTE="cerealkiller8"]

ArcticWolf77

I agree. It will be a Spinoff, prequel, based of the books, but it will not have "4" in the title.

Agreed. If the Halo universe continues on it'll will more than likely follow somone else. Not saying it isnt possible for Chief to be the main character but hey, what do we know? We're not the ones developing it. I'm just gonna sit back and if a new game that involves The Chief or the universe that he is part of is developed, I'll open it with welcome arms and if it ins not developed then we the fans will just have to accept that.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

From Microsoft's point of view, it would be stupid not to release more Halo games... it's a big money-making franchise, why would they want to stop

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

[QUOTE="kejigoto"]

KorruptRaiden

No you need to think outside the mainstream square, its like saying it was impossible to make games from the finished star wars series, yet you see games like force unleashed which have quite decent stories and even better KOTOR!.

This is true however I think we are a ways away from something like that just yet, and as I said I think the storyline of the game is done for now and probably won't resurface until next generation. There is still alot to explore in the Halo universe but with everything being as well established as it is now, I could see a major Halo title being a launch game for next generation and getting back into the storyline, not only to bring in everyone who has already played the pervious entries, but also get those in who haven't yet jumped on board with Halo. I mean let's face it, when it comes to launch titles you can count on people always going with the sure thing and buying the game that already has something established with its name. If a Halo game appears at the launch of the next Xbox, you can bet anything it'll sell not only the game like crazy, but the console will fly off the shelves as well.