If KOTOR I and II were for Xbox, why isn't TOR for 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I dont get it!!! My computers not good enough to run games! I am MAD!!

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

It's an MMO. End of story.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Because it's an MMO and they don't work very well on consoles (Due to the controls and hardware limitations), unless we are talking about DCU Online or Final Fantasy XI.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

Steameffekt
this.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"]

idill23

this.

double this

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
DC Universe is on the PS3, Why not TOR?
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

it's an MMO an they know very few people would be willing to pay for gold subscription and a monthly subscribtion for the game, plus the MMO's usually try to go for a "dynamic world" where things constantly change and that would be hard on the xbox because of the patch and update process, they would only be able to change things in the game like once a month and Xbox has limitations on how big updates can be.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
They knew they'd make more money off of an MMO than they would with a proper KOTOR III.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

DC Universe is on the PS3, Why not TOR?chilly-chill

DC Universe is published by Sony.

TOR is EA, so it's mainly up to them, not MS.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

Microsoft has a very closed policy when it comes to MMOs or anything that uses third party servers. Blizzard plans to release Diablo 3 on consoles and are very worried about how generious Microsoft will be when it comes to their service. Also I'd just like to add that it's probably not possible anyway. If it were then it would have been announced for PS3 already seeing how Sony isn't as closed about their service.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Steameffekt

Microsoft has a very closed policy when it comes to MMOs or anything that uses third party servers. Blizzard plans to release Diablo 3 on consoles and are very worried about how generious Microsoft will be when it comes to their service. Also I'd just like to add that it's probably not possible anyway. If it were then it would have been announced for PS3 already seeing how Sony isn't as closed about their service.

Alx1231
FFXI was on 360.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

FFXI was on 360.Steameffekt

FFXI IS on the 360, it's still pretty active.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alx1231
[QUOTE="Alx1231"]

Steameffekt
FFXI was on 360.

Yeah I know. That was in the beginning when Microsoft was a little more open and xbox live wasn't fully fleshed out. Square was trying to get FF14 on xbox as well but Microsoft wouldn't go for the same deal. FF14 wasn't meant to be exclusive to the PS3, Microsoft just wouldn't open xbox live up as much as they did with FF11.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Steameffekt
[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="Alx1231"]

Alx1231
FFXI was on 360.

Yeah I know. That was in the beginning when Microsoft was a little more open and xbox live wasn't fully fleshed out. Square was trying to get FF14 on xbox as well but Microsoft wouldn't go for the same deal. FF14 wasn't meant to be exclusive to the PS3, Microsoft just wouldn't open xbox live up as much as they did with FF11.

I understand and FF14 isn't exclusive to PS3. It's on PC as well.
Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alx1231

[QUOTE="Alx1231"][QUOTE="Steameffekt"] FFXI was on 360.Steameffekt

I know that too lol, I meant console exclusive. My brother is a fan. I personally hate the game but eh to each his own.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Steameffekt

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="Alx1231"] Yeah I know. That was in the beginning when Microsoft was a little more open and xbox live wasn't fully fleshed out. Square was trying to get FF14 on xbox as well but Microsoft wouldn't go for the same deal. FF14 wasn't meant to be exclusive to the PS3, Microsoft just wouldn't open xbox live up as much as they did with FF11. Alx1231

I know that too lol, I meant console exclusive. My brother is a fan. I personally hate the game but eh to each his own.

I honestly couldn't get into FFXI. I tried it twice and it was a hassle getting an account in working order and the game just plopped you in the game without any help or tutorials. The game also felt dead to me. I saw players passing by but no one ever said anything to me or anyone else, lol.
xAgentXBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xAgentXBC
Member since 2004 • 71 Posts

A really goood Star Wars game for the console would be awesome. But you know what pops Microsofts greedy little knuckles? That kinect game they are working on, where to get from one spot to the next, you put your arms behind you like tinkerbell. Uhmmm... genius's the lot of them...can't get kinect - the game - and the controller to work in a reasonable fashion. Good grief just give me a controller in hand if that's your plan for running from one spot to the next; forget kinect ever existed.

And lets not forget their vision for Ghost Recon: To shoot, just open your palm in front of you. To stop shooting, just close your palm. LMAO. Might as well put a mic on ya and yell, "pew pew pew, your dead! I got ya!" seeing as how they don't intend to put some peripheral device in your hand, like say, a light gun. For the life of me, I can only envision idiotlets having fun opening his palm to shoot, closing his palm to stop shooting.

Okay, I ranted. I hope some developer who I have not heard about yet is indeed making great games in the traditions of Bioware. But at this time, I've seen nothing of the likes on the horizon.

Not that I want to make this a long thread but Star Trek Online was going to the be on the 360 along with the PC. Having hindsight, we were spared that POS due to some disagreement between Cryptic and Microsoft.

And finally, Phantasy Star Online was on the 360, PS2, and PC. Although the content was shallow and the developers petered out in the end, the fact that the 360 had built in mic made the 360 version the funnest game to play.

In answer to the threads question? At this time Microsoft is drilling every developer to use the kinect in their game, no matter the stupid factor. Apparently developers are listening. And that is why you won't see a triple A developer give Microsoft the time of day.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Get a better computer??
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chilly-chill
I'm not even a huge fan of MMO's anyway, I just commented because I want to see an HD remake of KOTOR but I know it's not gonna happen :(
xAgentXBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xAgentXBC
Member since 2004 • 71 Posts

TOR is out the door. Wouldn't that mean an entire development team is free to work on the NEXT big project? Anyone got a hint of a leak on this?

I'm not even a huge fan of MMO's anyway, I just commented because I want to see an HD remake of KOTOR but I know it's not gonna happen :(chilly-chill

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chilly-chill
If any game deserves an HD remake its KOTOR
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Because its not a game related to the KOTOR series? It simply has "Old" and "Republic" in the title.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Steameffekt
Because its not a game related to the KOTOR series? It simply has "Old" and "Republic" in the title.bonesawisready5
You sir fail. It is related to KOTOR.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

The Old Republic >>>> what KOTOR 3 would have been. TOR is essentially 8 singleplayer games in one. There are eight unique, completely original class stories that are 100+ hours in length, that alone is easily double what KOTOR 3 would have been. If you play all 8, you'd be getting like 20x the playtime you would have gotten from KOTOR 3, and it's all quality, well written story, with great voice acting, good twists, and a great universe. The game also looks amazing for an MMO and the sound/music is fantastic, obviously.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chilly-chill

The Old Republic >>>> what KOTOR 3 would have been. TOR is essentially 8 singleplayer games in one. There are eight unique, completely original class stories that are 100+ hours in length, that alone is easily double what KOTOR 3 would have been. If you play all 8, you'd be getting like 20x the playtime you would have gotten from KOTOR 3, and it's all quality, well written story, with great voice acting, good twists, and a great universe. The game also looks amazing for an MMO and the sound/music is fantastic, obviously.

elpooz
It brings nothing new to MMO's, why couldnt they make something innovative and great to MMO genre?
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elpooz

[QUOTE="elpooz"]

chilly-chill

It brings nothing new to MMO's, why couldnt they make something innovative and great to MMO genre?

Except for, you know, the first story-based MMO experience and full voice acting :roll:. What did the last huge MMO do in terms of innovation?

WoW brought absolutely nothing new to the table, and was still a very enjoyable MMO and the standard for this generation. It was an upgraded Everquest.

I don't get what people like you expected. In platformers, you run, jump and occasionally fight something. In MMOs, you quest, do group content and do PVP. Every genre has a core set of tenants that guides it, and MMOs are no different.

SWTOR having such a large dedication to story and immersion does more than enough to set it apart and make it feel both original and different from the last big MMO. Yes, combat and the core gameplay are the same, that's to be expected when playing a game in the same genre. Just like there are action-adventures, for example, that have steered away from those core tenants and done something different, there are MMOs that have done combat and other things differently than WoW, SWTOR, etc... so if you want that, go play those MMOs. Guild Wars 2's combat is entirely different than anything we've really seen before so play that when it comes out.

MMO players are really just getting needy if they are saying SWTOR has done nothing new. Go play the game, the inclusion and heavy presence of story, the voice acting, and strong writing/dialouge makes it play very differently from MMOs in the past. Biowarejust completely revamped the MMO experience with a fantastic twist, and people are crying about combat and questing being similar to WoW and other MMOs... it's pretty pathetic. This is exactly what MMO players should want, something that heavily switches the experience up, yet they're still crying. Infinite SMH.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I'm not even a huge fan of MMO's anyway, I just commented because I want to see an HD remake of KOTOR but I know it's not gonna happen :(chilly-chill

Yeah, Id like that too.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chilly-chill

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"][QUOTE="elpooz"]

elpooz

Except for, you know, the first story-based MMO experience and full voice acting :roll:. What did the last huge MMO do in terms of innovation?

WoW brought absolutely nothing new to the table, and was still a very enjoyable MMO and the standard for this generation. It was an upgraded Everquest.

I don't get what people like you expected. In platformers, you run, jump and occasionally fight something. In MMOs, you quest, do group content and do PVP. Every genre has a core set of tenants that guides it, and MMOs are no different.

SWTOR having such a large dedication to story and immersion does more than enough to set it apart and make it feel both original and different from the last big MMO. Yes, combat and the core gameplay are the same, that's to be expected when playing a game in the same genre. Just like there are action-adventures, for example, that have steered away from those core tenants and done something different, there are MMOs that have done combat and other things differently than WoW, SWTOR, etc... so if you want that, go play those MMOs. Guild Wars 2's combat is entirely different than anything we've really seen before so play that when it comes out.

MMO players are really just getting needy if they are saying SWTOR has done nothing new. Go play the game, the inclusion and heavy presence of story, the voice acting, and strong writing/dialouge makes it play very differently from MMOs in the past. Biowarejust completely revamped the MMO experience with a fantastic twist, and people are crying about combat and questing being similar to WoW and other MMOs... it's pretty pathetic. This is exactly what MMO players should want, something that heavily switches the experience up, yet they're still crying. Infinite SMH.

Maybe but Guild Wars 2 destroys TOR just sayin
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 elpooz

[QUOTE="elpooz"]

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"] It brings nothing new to MMO's, why couldnt they make something innovative and great to MMO genre?chilly-chill

Maybe but Guild Wars 2 destroys TOR just sayin

It looks really good but we'll have to see. There are tons of games that have promised tons of awesome stuff like GW2 has, and then not come up with it in the final product. I think it will end up being pretty amazing though.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Because its not a game related to the KOTOR series? It simply has "Old" and "Republic" in the title.Steameffekt

How? It takes place a long time after those games, doesn't have any of the characters. It simply has "Old Republic" in the title. It doesn't play exactly like it. Heck, there is no "Knights" in the title. It's an entirely different game. It by no means has to cater to the people who enjoyed KOTOR because it is an totally different IP
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Steameffekt
[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Because its not a game related to the KOTOR series? It simply has "Old" and "Republic" in the title.bonesawisready5

How? It takes place a long time after those games, doesn't have any of the characters. It simply has "Old Republic" in the title. It doesn't play exactly like it. Heck, there is no "Knights" in the title. It's an entirely different game. It by no means has to cater to the people who enjoyed KOTOR because it is an totally different IP

Gee lets see. It takes place 300 years after KOTOR1. There are moments where it refers to Reven and Malak. Just because it doesn't have any of those characters doesn't means it doesn't relate. And I AM actually playing the game. So please...
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 elpooz

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Steameffekt"] You sir fail. It is related to KOTOR. Steameffekt

Gee lets see. It takes place 300 years after KOTOR1. There are moments where it refers to Reven and Malak. Just because it doesn't have any of those characters doesn't means it doesn't relate. And I AM actually playing the game. So please...

This ^

And I heard Revan's ghost is actually in the game, and that his armor is obtainable as well.

Also, the events of the KOTOR games are mentioned in SWTOR and there are general references to large events from that time period (the destruction of Taris, for example).

And worlds from the KOTOR games are also in this game... Nar Shadaa, Taris, etc...

So yeah...

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Steameffekt"] You sir fail. It is related to KOTOR.

Doesn't mean any fan of KOTOR is entitled to anything, its a different IP. That's like saying Force Unleashed should be like Jedi Knight. It is a multiplayer game, that simply references older characters. Those wouldn't have even made it in their if it wasn't for BioWare anyway, as references that is. By no means, does Old Republic having "Old Republic" in the title mean it should be on the Xbox 360 because of "Knights of the Old Republic" or that the two related. They are simply about the "Old Republic" and there various things that happen in the past, since the movies are considered the present (well until you get through all the books, like Legacy of the Force, etc)
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] How? It takes place a long time after those games, doesn't have any of the characters. It simply has "Old Republic" in the title. It doesn't play exactly like it. Heck, there is no "Knights" in the title. It's an entirely different game. It by no means has to cater to the people who enjoyed KOTOR because it is an totally different IPelpooz

This ^

And I heard Revan's ghost is actually in the game, and that his armor is obtainable as well.

Also, the events of the KOTOR games are mentioned in SWTOR and there are general references to large events from that time period (the destruction of Taris, for example).

And worlds from the KOTOR games are also in this game... Nar Shadaa, Taris, etc...

So yeah...

Of course those things are in it, its a Star Wars game. The Statue of Liberty (Happiness) shows up in all Liberty City based GTA games, doesn't mean Chinatown Wars belongs on the Xbox 360, or that it will play the same. They aren't the same IP. Personally, I'm not into MMOs, I heard its good but I will take nothing less than KOTOR 3. I think BioWare simply can't tell a compelling story of the threat from out in space. What would it be? More sith? The Yuuzhan (can't spell)?