Idiots saying RE5 is a ripoff of GOW......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Genocide815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Genocide815
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

Whenever I mention RE5 to my in real life friends, their like "lol I saw that game's preveiw and its a ripoff og GOW" or "lol none of the other resident evils were like that".

Then I'm like "dude.....GOW copied off of RE4......, even that cliff dude said he got insperation from RE4"

RE5 looks nothing like GOW anyways, no stupid cover, no stupid runing and gunning gun play.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

I've never heard anyone say that and i've never heard Cliff say anything about RE4 being his inspiration to make an game that resembles nothing like RE4....

I'm just going to say your friends are kind of stupid for even seeing a resemblence in the 2 games. I mean really they are nothing alike... Well ok its a 3rd person view (or over the shoulder sorry...), but guess what Ghost Recon 2 had that same view and didn't that game come out before both of them...Nothing else resembles each other.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
LOL your friends are dumb i suggest you find some new ones.
kunggustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kunggustaf
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts

I've never heard anyone say that and i've never heard Cliff say anything about RE4 being his inspiration to make an game that resembles nothing like RE4....

Agent_Kaliaver

It´s true. He got inspiration from RE4 among other things. Ever thought about how similar the krylls are to the hammerheads in Pitch Black? Cliffy copies a lot.

Pirate_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate_X
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

I'm just going to say your friends are kind of stupid for even seeing a resemblence in the 2 games. I mean really they are nothing alike... Well ok its a 3rd person view (or over the shoulder sorry...), but guess what Ghost Recon 2 had that same view and didn't that game come out before both of them...Nothing else resembles each other.

Agent_Kaliaver

True. I, myself have never heard anyone say Resident Evil 5 is a copy of Gears of War. However, Blizenski did say that Resident Evil 4 had an influence towards Gears of War.

Avatar image for Enraged_Bannana
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Enraged_Bannana
Member since 2008 • 671 Posts

Agent_Kaliaver

cliff said he was inspired by re4

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts

one inspiration that is, i'm sure, among many others. I remember he also said at one point that Black Hawk Down (i'm figuring the roadie run) was also an influence. Don't play GOW, just watch that movie. Yeesh what a rip-off! Give me a break.

Also, good call by TC's friends on pretending to understand exactly how a game is going to play when it's 8 months away from release. They must be magical.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

:lol:

Ive never heard anybody say Gears copied RE4, or that RE5 copied Gears. Theyre nothing alike.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Also, Inspiration and copying are two entirely different things. Every sci-fi movie and games featuring an alien force takes inspiration from Aliens, yet very few of them copy it.

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dejo256
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

GEOW=Gears of War

GOW=God of War

iam2green

Forum Posts