Idea for game (Zombie survival horror) 360 edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zetize
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I was thinking today while playing my copy of Left 4 Dead when a great idea popped into my head. A zombie survival game, not just any one though, you take the open world aspects of the real world today and throw some zombie outbreak in there and you got a great game. So here is what you can do to help, add ideas, find companies to sponsor the game, find companies to make the game, or sign your name on the petition. So here is the plan, I will try to find someone to make the game and with enough luck we might actually get this game made. It will take a while but its worth it. Also, the game will be for a platform (360 I decided) not an online game. Email me with questions at money.banker@yahoo.com Storyline (idea) (Single Player) The idea right now is that in the game with a huge open world playing, you wake up to a zombie outbreak. You can do anything in the game basically, its an RPG and you do whatever you need to do to survive. You can search any house in the game to find weapons, take shelter at the local mall, barricade the door, whatever you want you choose, There is now missions telling you what to do, its a zombie survival. Every night zombies will increase, and strengthen,. *Post ideas for more Note- This is just the ground bases for the game so sorry if there not that good Added ideas- *food to survive *an objective Multiplayer Same as Single player with different storyline and up to 4 player co-op *Post ideas for more Online My favorite aspect! In the online game you take your single player and join the MMORPG online world of the game. Everyone is in this Online world and you can tag up, join their parties, and survive with them. Also when someone dies they turn into a zombie, in online mode. Sorry if the Modes are not great right now its just the base for people to build off. I am currently making a website for the game, and I hope someone can see the potential of this game. Again if you want to help contact me by email, PM, or message here thank you If you know a company that could make the game it would help. Game Progress- 1%- Idea in making
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
If you're actually serious about this, you need to claim the rights to the idea, then sell it off to a company that is willing develop it. But there needs to be an objective in this game, it can't be just running around day after day trying to survive the outbreak.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#4 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Reminds me of Dead Rising but in a larger location. Would hope to have coop play, and able to fortify your home base with supplies around the city. Also collect food daily to survive.
Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zetize
I actually am serious about this game, but reserving the idea would not allow the open feel of anyone can help with the game, and to sell it is not the point at the moment, its in its beginning stages, so there is no reason to reserve right now, but it will be reserved later. And yes food would be a aspect of the game needed to survive i will add it to ideas thanks
Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zetize
Oh and there will be an objective, just have not thought of any yet.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
Oh and there will be an objective, just have not thought of any yet.Zetize
Here's one, escape.
Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zetize
That could be one. But I prefer the play should choose there own objective, or at least what you do in the game decides the objective. And where would you escape to?
beauspyderski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 beauspyderski
This is ridiculous. you stole a concept from a movie and then asked strangers to come up with related ideas to put into a video game. the only thing you came up with is "people need to eat food"
Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zetize
Those are not my ideas. And i do not believe i stole the idea from a movie.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts

well I wrote 1,2,3,4,5 survival Horror series on paper with full plot and game mechanics that could set them apart from the crowd if they're lucky. So if I may put a suggestion you should try your best to be orginal. zombie survival has been done before you should probably have one of these 2 things on your side 1. a great story or 2. great game mechanics. this not isn't in anagry tone either just i don't think that food managment + zombies = hit game.

El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
I'm sure that the Dead Rising franchise will be the new survival-horror king for a while. Yours sounds very similar to it.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mayceV
Just asking where do i go to to claim ideas of things because I like writting stories I just wanna know where to go to If you know any links can you please post them.
Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zetize
Alright for future posters. Those ideas were added by other posters those are just features it is not the game. Food management is not the game, and if you read it you would get the idea of this concept
Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zetize
Mace, I'm creating a thread for stories, or you can post here your choice. And this is nothing like Dead Rising.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mayceV

I can write you a game story really face a very deep story line but my stories are kinda mine sorry

Zetize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zetize
Oh sorry i misread your post. Umm no I know no current story claiming sites.
big_orc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 big_orc
Member since 2003 • 1158 Posts

You cant just write down ideas and exepct a game to be made. I mean do you even know how game development takes place? No company is just gonna "pick up" your game. I mean you need to have all the itty bitty detials down before you can even begian development, so far all you have is eat food and kill zombies. Its a lame idea and its already been done already, its something called Dead Rising.

you should just stop now.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mayceV

can you read my blog called "great game idea that branched from silent hill" I have so many things set out for this game I have the story plot set out character improvment system written down I also have some level degsins I have some concept art I even have diologue written out. I just need to know where to get copyrighted and also how to get to a developer. can you help me I've been working on this for 5 months now and I'm about to begin learning C++ and get a game engine to start making a demo of the game. DO you have any idea of where to go to, to atleast give a pitch to a developer or publisher.

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#20 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

I really like this idea, but you do need an objective. Maybe there can be a serum you have to find to save humanity, but you can get there anyway you want.

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
Maybe 3drealms will pick it up if you pitch it nice enough.
mr__gameboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mr__gameboy
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts

someone watched i am legend recently

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

ummmm... i don't want to discourage you but, as of now you really don't have anything. Ever played a game called SIREN: Blood Curse? your idea sounds close to this. keep developing your idea. soon it will evolve to something new and refreshing but, right now from what i have read, the idea might play out better in your head than on paper.

good luck...

Avatar image for ihavenonickname
ihavenonickname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ihavenonickname
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

you really dont need an objective like i still play gta after i beat it and its really fun, espesially multiplayer. it could just be a free mode with purposes and like a sims 2kind offoodmeter and water meter.

thesarcasmguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 thesarcasmguru
Member since 2008 • 171 Posts

Try Valve. They might be interested, perhaps as a sequel to their own Left 4 Dead? Also, needs a dog. The dog MADE Fable 2 and Fallout 3 for me. And I am Legend . And Dawn of the Dead. I suggest creating a Left 4 Dead mod to "demo" the game, and see if it will work. And Co-op (about 4 players), NOT MMO! MMO's for this would be stupid because, t would be so easy with so many people. I like the squad creation idea.

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

ya..this sounds like every zombie horror movie. Also dead rising 2 is coming and it sounds really similar to this

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Go to NASA and take a space shuttle to the moon. It is a known fact that zombies can not fly.