I want to trade my Wii U for an Xbox One, but my parents won't budge.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

I say, I do own a Wii U/Xbox One/PS4/PC but that's beside the point. I suggest talking to your dad about trading such a thing at a Gamestop, (depending where you live of course) I wouldn't try with anything from Craigslist at all. I supposed you could try to sell you're Wii U and get a used Xbox One console since I seen as low as $250 giving the fact that Xbox Slim is gonna release soon. Talk to your dad how much you want a Xbox One as nice as possible is my advice.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#3 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Only thing I could say based on what you stated is do not play the WiiU for a while. Do not turn it on. Let them see you don't play it. But by then the trader may have traded with someone else.

How about trying to earn some money? Is there anyway you can do that? Convincing parents can be difficult. Most important thing is don't whine, don't show frustration. Just present your facts as honestly as possible. If they cant see the logic you can, then its just a part of growing up, son.

SmileyKitKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SmileyKitKat
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Only thing I could say based on what you stated is do not play the WiiU for a while. Do not turn it on. Let them see you don't play it. But by then the trader may have traded with someone else.

How about trying to earn some money? Is there anyway you can do that? Convincing parents can be difficult. Most important thing is don't whine, don't show frustration. Just present your facts as honestly as possible. If they cant see the logic you can, then its just a part of growing up, son.

I could sell a few old 3DS games, but I wouldn't get as near as $50 from them. I think I cant even try to convince them, or anything, because my father doesn't want me to end up like my brother (He is kind of addicted to games, and doesn't make the best grades), when I'd never be like that. Another thing he doesn't like is the Xbox Gold, and my brother has a PS4 (Its not in his room), and in my case I'd like it to be in my room but doesn't seem like thats an option so far. If I sold my Wii U to Gamestop, I'd make $90- maybe a little more considering it comes with Splatoon and Super Smash Bro's, and selling my other games from it.

SmileyKitKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SmileyKitKat

@davillain-: Yea, if I tried selling it to GameStop I'd get around $208.80 for everything- if they'd give me $33 for Splatoon and $33 for Smash even though they are digitally on the Wii U. I saw someone on Craigslist looking to buy a Wii U for around $250 off the bat, not sure I can sell it to someone on there though...

BigGamerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 BigGamerDude
Member since 2015 • 2073 Posts

First of all - don't trust craigslist.

Second of all, really look at the Xbox One games. See if you'll actually play them. See which exclusives you want the most, or multiplats.

Third of all, check the Wii U exclusives. If there's anything on it that catches your eye. Consider keeping it.

But if you really want an xbox one tell your parents about all the pros and cons of the xbox one, and tell them that it will be worth the money.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

Do you know why he won't let you?

SmileyKitKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SmileyKitKat

@biggamerdude: Yea, bunch of scams on Craigslist. I figure I'll just buy a new one possibly, or a refurbished from GameStop or somewhere.

SmileyKitKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SmileyKitKat

In the end, I will just keep it. In the mere future, hopefully I can afford both an Xbox One, but I am for now just sticking with getting a PC when Black Friday roles around, as a PC is something my parent's don't have a problem with. Thanks everyone, for the help.

BigGamerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigGamerDude

You are welcome.

Why don't you like your Wii U? Some games I recommend would be Bayonetta 2, or Xenoblade X.

SmileyKitKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SmileyKitKat

@biggamerdude: Yea, I'd *love* to play Bayonetta! Problem being, I'm too young for it, and I do have Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I've completed it and the only game I would enjoy would be the 2017 Zelda Breath Of The Wild. Once again though, thanks.

BigGamerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BigGamerDude

See ya. Have fun saving up for an Xbox/ PC/ whatever you wish.