I want to pre-order Mass Effect...should I do this or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Disturbed_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Disturbed_King
Member since 2007 • 554 Posts

Alright, I just found out that the trade-in values for these games I have (for Blockbuster GameRush) and these are the games I want to trade in and their values:

Forza 2: $35
Madden 08: $35
GRAW: $10

But don't stop reading yet.

I'm doing this for the sake of pre-ordering Mass Effect Collector's Edition, which $70 (I just found out that it includes a bunch of gamer pics, dashboard themes, developer diary, art book, etc.), but I was wanting to make sure at the last second before I take this action. Should I do this or not? I'm broke right now so that's why I'm wanting to trade these games in, but I just wanted to make sure if it's a right decision from you guys or not. :)

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
I don't think you will need to pre-order ME. I mean it's going to be a sweet game, but it won't sell as much as a game like teh Halo 3.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts

yeah why not but i sometimes come back to forza

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts
Well, at most places, you only need to put a minimum of $5 or $10 down on a game to preorder it and guarentee your copy, and you can always change your mind and get your money back. So just put the $5 or $10 down on it now and make your decision when the game comes out.
Disturbed_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Disturbed_King

I don't think you will need to pre-order ME. I mean it's going to be a sweet game, but it won't sell as much as a game like teh Halo 3.cool_baller

I don't care about sales. All I care about is how good it's going to be, and it will be better than Halo 3. I can tell you that right now, no matter how much you deny me.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Alright, I just found out that the trade-in values for these games I have (for Blockbuster GameRush) and these are the games I want to trade in and their values:

I'm doing this for the sake of pre-ordering Mass Effect Collector's Edition, which $70 (I just found out that it includes a bunch of gamer pics, dashboard themes, developer diary, art book, etc.), but I was wanting to make sure at the last second before I take this action. Should I do this or not? I'm broke right now so that's why I'm wanting to trade these games in, but I just wanted to make sure if it's a right decision from you guys or not. :)

Disturbed_King

the lLE comes with themes and gamer pics? i thought is the regular version with the bonus disk

Disturbed_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Disturbed_King
[QUOTE="Disturbed_King"]

TheShadowLord07

the lLE comes with themes and gamer pics? i thought is the regular version with the bonus disk

Yes it does, for proof look at the "Mass Effect golden" article here in the GS news section.

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
I don't think you will need to pre-order ME. I mean it's going to be a sweet game, but it won't sell as much as a game like teh Halo 3.cool_baller
That and around my parts, stores did not come close to running into shortages for Halo 3, which was very nice.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts
[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"][QUOTE="Disturbed_King"]

Disturbed_King

Yes it does, for proof look at the "Mass Effect golden" article here in the GS news section.

ok thats cool but thats alot of things in their i might get the LE too lol

Avatar image for Lord__Darkstorn
Lord__Darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lord__Darkstorn
Member since 2007 • 2031 Posts
you don't need to play it safe on this one, get it in the store and save yourself some $. If you really can't get the LE, then wait for it to be on the "used" shelf...
Nodashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Nodashi
Member since 2003 • 1124 Posts

If you're REALLY into Mass Effect, do it - you'll love to have the extra material while the mage is still that fresh and you're playing. If it's just "another" game for you, don't.