I want to play on my laptop using a DVI to VGA adapter.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for crazedcommando9
crazedcommando9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 crazedcommando9
Member since 2004 • 2169 Posts
I bought the VGA cable for the 360. I soon realized my laptop does not support it because its VGA is only output or whatever. I do have a DVI-D though and I read that someone bought a DVI to VGA adapter to play the 360 on his laptop. Can someone tell me if this works and most importantly please give me a link to a website that has it. Because all this male and female and D,A, I is confusing me.
crazedcommando9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 crazedcommando9
bump for great justice
MassEffector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MassEffector
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
I know it does work, but I dont know where to get the little white adapter that I have seen used before.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

If there is such a thing I'd love to know about it, but I'm skeptical. My own laptop has VGA and DVI ports on the back, but they're both out. I don't know of any laptop that has inputs.

The only way I know of to run a 360 on a laptop screen is to use a TV tuner, but those are not very well suited for gaming, let alone getting a decent resolution.

crazedcommando9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crazedcommando9
well thank you to the above posts, hopefully we can solve this mystery :)
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
there is no device that would turn a vga or dvi output into an input connector. As the person above said, if you had a tv tuner on the laptop it might be possible.
crazedcommando9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crazedcommando9

there is no device that would turn a vga or dvi output into an input connector. As the person above said, if you had a tv tuner on the laptop it might be possible.tgschmidt

arg well thanks that is truly unfortunate.

Death_Masta187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Death_Masta187
Member since 2002 • 2940 Posts

Laptops are video out only... The only way to get this to work is to get a TV tuner card... but you would be better off playing on your normal TV. Because laptop TV tuners are not HD compatible... Yet

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

I bought the VGA cable for the 360. I soon realized my laptop does not support it because its VGA is only output or whatever. I do have a DVI-D though and I read that someone bought a DVI to VGA adapter to play the 360 on his laptop. Can someone tell me if this works and most importantly please give me a link to a website that has it. Because all this male and female and D,A, I is confusing me.crazedcommando9

It's not possible, those are OUTPUTS... you would need an input, it's not going to work... sorry