I think my launch 360 is dying

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joeamis
Member since 2003 • 3010 Posts

I got 1 red light the other night, then it froze 2 times on an XBLA game, then I got 3 red lights for the 1st time ever, then it froze on downloading Conan, and it just froze at the start up screen. I'm pissed & happy. Pissed at MS for their cheap hardware but happy that its still under warranty. I thought my 360 was lucky, but the clamp problem is in all of their older models afterall so... Atleast they should fix it for free. Arg and this was just when I finally had some time to play it too. :cry:

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

I got 1 red light the other night, then it froze 2 times on an XBLA game, then I got 3 red lights for the 1st time ever, then it froze on downloading Conan, and it just froze at the start up screen. I'm pissed & happy. Pissed at MS for their cheap hardware but happy that its still under warranty. I thought my 360 was lucky, but the clamp problem is in all of their older models afterall so... Atleast they should fix it for free. Arg and this was just when I finally had some time to play it too. :cry:

joeamis

are you giving it enough breathing room? airflow? did you blow the dust out of it?

ray03314506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ray03314506
Member since 2006 • 642 Posts
I know the feeling. I got my 360 a month after launch along with a couple friends of mines and both of their consoles have RRoD'd already. I think it's pretty sad that we just have to wait for the inevitable to happen.
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 joeamis
[QUOTE="joeamis"]

hofuldig

are you giving it enough breathing room? airflow? did you blow the dust out of it?

Yes, and I've been vacuuming it monthly, I think thats why it may have lasted so long. Now I don't know what to do. Do I need to send my HDD and power brick if I send it to MS? Uggg.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joeamis
bump
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
thats harsh.. just hope it lasts through christmas.
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
[QUOTE="hofuldig"][QUOTE="joeamis"]

joeamis

Yes, and I've been vacuuming it monthly, I think thats why it may have lasted so long. Now I don't know what to do. Do I need to send my HDD and power brick if I send it to MS? Uggg.

Wait........ you vacuum your Xbox? How? You mean the surface or the holes?

ZeRoSk8eR37157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 ZeRoSk8eR37157
Member since 2006 • 848 Posts
i got my xbox a few months after launch and even I got the red lights
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joeamis
The outside, around it, and near the holes. Can anyone answer my question do I need to send the power brick or HDD to MS too? Will they send me my console back or some crappy refurbished one?
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#10 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
red rings of death omg i cant stand it any more. if my 360 does it again im done with it ,, i already had 2 replaced in a yrs time 6 mos for each system
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joeamis

Can anyone answer my question do I need to send the power brick or HDD to MS too? Will they send me my console back or some crappy refurbished one? You had it replaced 2 times in a year, what happens if you get replacements that die after the 3 year period, do you then have to pay for repair or does each replacement start a new warranty period?