I need a job :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Inmate568
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
I really want a hdtv for my XBOX 360. But I can find anything. Im a 14 yoear old boy. Does anyone have any ideas?
Borky329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Borky329
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

go to an electronic store, i mean seriously why would you come to gamespot for this?

JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts

Search Engine Optimization

Or try a paper route, watering lawns, walking dogs, building computers for people, etc...

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

I'm a lifeguard and i couldn't ask for a better job.

I think you can take the course when your 15. Be patient.

diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 diablobasher
Member since 2004 • 5088 Posts

Yeah do well in school and forget about it for now. You're not gonna earn the cash for a decent telly without doing something drastic, and i'm not sure on the legalities in your area but here you would only be elligable for illegal cash in hand work, or weekend work/paper rounds with no legal minimum wage.

I'm 20 and I can't afford a freakin HDTV I went for the more budget friendly PC monitor.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Search Engine Optimization

Or try a paper route, watering lawns, walking dogs, building computers for people, etc...

JetLagz28

What he said. Talk to your folks and try to work out an allowance routine, where you do chores and tasks around the home for allowance. For your age, I would suggest doing what JetLagz said, granted, that should get you more money, faster than waiting on your folk's allowance to pour in.

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Inmate568
I really didnt have any plans on doing those things since I can apply for fast food jobs ect. My question ia more related to jobs in that area.
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Inmate568

Yeah do well in school and forget about it for now. You're not gonna earn the cash for a decent telly without doing something drastic, and i'm not sure on the legalities in your area but here you would only be elligable for illegal cash in hand work, or weekend work/paper rounds with no legal minimum wage.

I'm 20 and I can't afford a freakin HDTV I went for the more budget friendly PC monitor.

diablobasher

It realy pisses me off when people like you try to bring me down.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
Dog walking, cut grass, sell your stuff, theres many other ways but i cant mention them here.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="diablobasher"]

Inmate568

A high quality HDTV isnt expensive as you might think. You can earn and save enough money for a 32" Samsung LCD HDTV 720p. It's a gorgeous, high quality HDTV that will be more than sufficient for all game consoles, except for the Wii because it doesnt support HD. You might be wondering, how much? You can find a great deal online for a brand new Samsung starting from $600-800. I can almost guarantee you that you can find one between $600-700. I found one for under $700. This Samsung was my first LCD HDTV and it's a thing of beauty. It's a late 2007 model too - I got it Christmas 2007. Now, I upgraded to a 46" Samsung. With hard work and determination, you can get it. Nothing in life is free, and I commend you. For a 14 years old, you're thinking about getting a job to get your "stuff" instead of begging your parents for one, using the birthday tactic, or holiday gift excuse. Good for you. I hope that you get a TV soon.

diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 diablobasher
Member since 2004 • 5088 Posts
[QUOTE="diablobasher"]

Inmate568

Uhhh... Ok.

I couldve gone for the much more contentious "ZOMG's little timmy want's an HDTV, it pisses me off when spoiled kids want shiney gadgets" response but no, I gave you sound advice (do well in school) and then touched upon the difficulties of earning cash at a young age because of the lack of minimum wage, then gave you an option that was a fraction of the cost (PC monitor)

Theres a difference between attempting to shatter your self esteem and simply being realistic.

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
Haha when I was 14 I found a couple of "investment" oppurtunities to get some extra money. Just gotta find the right people.
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheHumanDove
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts
Back when I was 14, we didn't know what an HDTV was!

.......And we walked through 20 feet of snow to school...
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Inmate568
[QUOTE="Inmate568"][QUOTE="diablobasher"]

diablobasher

Uhhh... Ok.

I couldve gone for the much more contentious "ZOMG's little timmy want's an HDTV, it pisses me off when spoiled kids want shiney gadgets" response but no, I gave you sound advice (do well in school) and then touched upon the difficulties of earning cash at a young age because of the lack of minimum wage, then gave you an option that was a fraction of the cost (PC monitor)

Theres a difference between attempting to shatter your self esteem and simply being realistic.

1. My name isnt little timmy. That is a white person name.

2. Why am I spoiled when Ive worked for every electronic that I owned?

3. I am currently using a pc monitor and I find that 19 inches is too small especially with a 4:3 aspect ratio

4. Im 14, by the time I finish my primary education 4 years will have gone by. Plus saving up will take too long.

5. I just called Baskin Robins, they said that I will be payed 6.50 an hour minus tax so It turns out that I will be getting my hdtv this summer.

6. I will admit that whaI said back to you wasent very friendly but your attempt at me to be REALISTIC was EPIC FAIL. Just because you dont have any money right now and a younger child has more potential at getting what you want in the very near future doesnt give you the excuse at attempting to dampen my chances of getting something that you want!

RD1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 RD1109
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
I feelz yo feelingz homie. No, I'm j/k. But seriously, I can't suggest anything because in Ohio (where I live), you have to be 16 to get a job.
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Inmate568
Back when I was 14, we didn't know what an HDTV was!

Well down in suburbia our school goes on lock down when a flake of snow hits the ground :P

.......And we walked through 20 feet of snow to school...
TheHumanDove
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Inmate568
[QUOTE="Inmate568"][QUOTE="diablobasher"]

Elann2008

A high quality HDTV isnt expensive as you might think. You can earn and save enough money for a 32" Samsung LCD HDTV 720p. It's a gorgeous, high quality HDTV that will be more than sufficient for all game consoles, except for the Wii because it doesnt support HD. You might be wondering, how much? You can find a great deal online for a brand new Samsung starting from $600-800. I can almost guarantee you that you can find one between $600-700. I found one for under $700. This Samsung was my first LCD HDTV and it's a thing of beauty. It's a late 2007 model too - I got it Christmas 2007. Now, I upgraded to a 46" Samsung. With hard work and determination, you can get it. Nothing in life is free, and I commend you. For a 14 years old, you're thinking about getting a job to get your "stuff" instead of begging your parents for one, using the birthday tactic, or holiday gift excuse. Good for you. I hope that you get a TV soon.

Thank you for your kind comments. That was the exact model and size of tv that I want! Im happy someone in this forum is on the same wavelenght that I am. :)

RD1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 RD1109
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="diablobasher"][QUOTE="Inmate568"][QUOTE="diablobasher"]

Inmate568

Uhhh... Ok.

3. I am currently using a pc monitor and I find that 19 inches is too small especially with a 4:3 aspect ratio

4. Im 14, by the time I finish my primary education 4 years will have gone by. Plus saving up will take too long.

5. I just called Baskin Robins, they said that I will be payed 6.50 an hour minus tax so It turns out that I will be getting my hdtv this summer.

6. I will admit that whaI said back to you wasent very friendly but your attempt at me to be REALISTIC was EPIC FAIL. Just because you dont have any money right now and a younger child has more potential at getting what you want in the very near future doesnt give you the excuse at attempting to dampen my chances of getting something that you want!

Wow, kid. You're really immature and you don't even realize it. he gave you good advice and you snapped at him.

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Inmate568
[QUOTE="Inmate568"][QUOTE="diablobasher"][QUOTE="Inmate568"][QUOTE="diablobasher"]

RD1109

Uhhh... Ok.

Wow, kid. You're really immature and you don't even realize it. he gave you good advice and you snapped at him.

Thank you I am :) I am 14 after all.

jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
i also need a job lol i need to buy lost oddyssey, GTA4, DMC4, and top spin 3(when it comes out) and pay my xbox live. i'm dieing to work. turned in applications and everything, never got a call back yet =(
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
i need a vacation
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Inmate568

i need a vacationslim-pagey

:( I hope you get one.

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
I'd recommend the Samsung 32" as well. Looks beautiful, runs like a charm. I had to wash trucks for 2 weeks just to get it ($17.50 an hour) but it is well worth it. My advice: work hard for it because in the end you profit.
Avatar image for marvingamebeast
marvingamebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 marvingamebeast
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts
You are on your own I have a hdtv already and I am not intending on giving it up.
Avatar image for marvingamebeast
marvingamebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 marvingamebeast
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts

Also I am 13 and my mom bought it for me and it is in my room because every other room important room(my room, front room, and mothers room) have hdtv in them so she decided to get me one last year and I am very happy. But anyway haha you don't have an hdtv.

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Inmate568
How old where you hen you did this? Maybe the car wash center near my house offers those services to a kid of my age :)
buddy90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 buddy90909
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
Its when you get a job you realize sitting in that gas station at minimum wage that a 16 year old like myself gets do you have the time to realize that it take 7-8 hours of work to buy one freakin video game..
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

[QUOTE="slim-pagey"]i need a vacationInmate568

:( I hope you get one.

your kindess is appreciated in my time of need

omus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 omus101
Member since 2006 • 1392 Posts

I really want a hdtv fro my XBOX 360. But I can find anything. Im a 14 yoear old boy. Does anyone have any ideas?Inmate568
lol

buddy90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 buddy90909
and for the record.. your a kid.. you must realize by now that you are no way in hell going to make 20 bucks an hour... minimum wage ftw!
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Inmate568

Its when you get a job you realize sitting in that gas station at minimum wage that a 16 year old like myself gets do you have the time to realize that it take 7-8 hours of work to buy one freakin video game.. buddy90909

I completely agreee with you. I used to rake lawns before I was introduced to ebay. That was repetive hard and long labor. It took me over 2 days to get 1 gamecube game.

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Inmate568

[QUOTE="Inmate568"]I really want a hdtv fro my XBOX 360. But I can find anything. Im a 14 yoear old boy. Does anyone have any ideas?omus101

lol

LOLLMFAOROFLCOPTER

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Inmate568

and for the record.. your a kid.. you must realize by now that you are no way in hell going to make 20 bucks an hour... minimum wage ftw!buddy90909

Nope minimum wage is 7.00 and Baskin Robins is offering me 6.50

buddy90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 buddy90909
lmao,., where do you live.. the states.,., here minimum wage is 8.20 in canada
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Inmate568

lmao,., where do you live.. the states.,., here minimum wage is 8.20 in canadabuddy90909

Maryland, I live in a pretty exclusive county (Montgomery County). One of the richest and most diverse in the country. I might have gotten the middle wage payment wrong.

buddy90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 buddy90909
gonna sound stupid.. but is that in the states? sorry. ahh. fancy stuff.. ?
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Inmate568

gonna sound stupid.. but is that in the states? sorry.buddy90909

I edited my post check it again.

bjimhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bjimhoff
Member since 2003 • 187 Posts

[QUOTE="buddy90909"]and for the record.. your a kid.. you must realize by now that you are no way in hell going to make 20 bucks an hour... minimum wage ftw!Inmate568

Persons younger than the age of 16 and older than the age of 61 are not covered by the state minimum wage laws.

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Inmate568
[QUOTE="Inmate568"]

[QUOTE="buddy90909"]and for the record.. your a kid.. you must realize by now that you are no way in hell going to make 20 bucks an hour... minimum wage ftw!bjimhoff

Persons younger than the age of 16 and older than the age of 61 are not covered by the state minimum wage laws.

I know.

bjimhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bjimhoff
Member since 2003 • 187 Posts
[QUOTE="bjimhoff"][QUOTE="Inmate568"]

[QUOTE="buddy90909"]and for the record.. your a kid.. you must realize by now that you are no way in hell going to make 20 bucks an hour... minimum wage ftw!Inmate568

I know.

Did you take the Baskin-Robbins job then? I worked there way back in the day when I was in HS. It had its' perks. During the hot summer, nothing beats working around ice cream. And the one I worked at, I was the only guy that worked there. There were 7 HS girls that worked there.

sinx1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 sinx1971
Member since 2003 • 4731 Posts
Try going on welfare. I heard they give deep discounts to poor people who need HD TV's.
Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Inmate568
[QUOTE="Inmate568"][QUOTE="bjimhoff"][QUOTE="Inmate568"]

[QUOTE="buddy90909"]and for the record.. your a kid.. you must realize by now that you are no way in hell going to make 20 bucks an hour... minimum wage ftw!bjimhoff

I know.

Did you take the Baskin-Robbins job then? I worked there way back in the day when I was in HS. It had its' perks. During the hot summer, nothing beats working around ice cream. And the one I worked at, I was the only guy that worked there. There were 7 HS girls that worked there.

I filled out a form but they have yet to contact me :(

Inmate568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Inmate568

Try going on welfare. I heard they give deep discounts to poor people who need HD TV's. sinx1971

Your just saying that because Im black. :P

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Nothing really, I'm 15 and I can't find a job. Just got to wait.