I loved FEAR, should I buy the expansion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chainsawzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chainsawzorro
Member since 2003 • 496 Posts
FEAR is one of my most favorite games. I've played it over 5-6 times from beginning to the end. Although the expansion got a lot of bad reviews, I'm wondering what your opinion is. I know that the graphics are still the same as the original, but that part doesnt bug me too much. What I loved was the shooting sequences mixed with the moments of suspense (as well as an interesting story). How would you rate the expansion bundle based on those categories?
PapaSmurf831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PapaSmurf831
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
Fun, go buy it you wont regret it
Twiggiy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Twiggiy
Member since 2006 • 875 Posts
Just in case you don't know... all the events that happen in the expansions are disregarded in Project Origin.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

Well, this is just my opinion but i think fear is meant to be played on a pc.

Regarding the expansions, well i enjoyed the extraction point expansion more then the original game, but i havent tried the new expansion because it just seemed to much of the same.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
nope avoid it if at all possible, best idea is to get the extraction point expansion for the pc, because i heard perseus mandate sucked
_R3S1ST4NC3_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _R3S1ST4NC3_
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
iv got all the fear games exept for project origin ofcourse all i have to say is that you wont regret it, if you liked fear then get it. And just so you know that perseus mandate wasnt that **** the reviews were pathetic only problem with perseus is that it is repeatative. extraction was the pawnage but short.
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

FEAR is one of my most favorite games. I've played it over 5-6 times from beginning to the end. Although the expansion got a lot of bad reviews, I'm wondering what your opinion is. I know that the graphics are still the same as the original, but that part doesnt bug me too much. What I loved was the shooting sequences mixed with the moments of suspense (as well as an interesting story). How would you rate the expansion bundle based on those categories?chainsawzorro

that was the most annoying fps i have ever played.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

From the sounds of it, you are a big fan of FEAR.

I too loved FEAR. If you liked the first one, you'll definitely love the expansions. It's basically more FEAR for your buck. More slow-mo, more ass kicking, new enemies and more storyline. As Twiggiy mentioned though, all the events in the expansions are disregarded in Project Origin. Also note that online play is completely non-existent. But the FEAR expansions are a great addition (with reasonable achievements this time).

If you're still not convinced, watch this youtube video here. You can also download the Fear Files demo on the XBox Marketplace.