I just used the HD transfer cable last night...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowChief
Member since 2002 • 860 Posts

Ok, I had a 20 gig HD that had 4.7 gigs free available.

I bought an elite and transfered the 20 gig HD info to the new 120 gig. I then deleted all the promotional stuff that comes with the HD and verified(on memory blade) that i'm using the same amount of memory for my stuff as I was for the 20 gig.

The issue I have is, it now says that I have 97.5 gigs available. That doesn't add up right, what's taking up the 5-7 extra gigs that I can't see?

I'm using the exact same amount of memory with the 20 gig. So, I should have 114 gigs or so available. I feel alittle short changed.

agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
I think they need to take space opn the HDD for files needed to run the system. So thats where this so called missing space goes.
Hinduce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Hinduce
Member since 2004 • 602 Posts

I think they need to take space opn the HDD for files needed to run the system. So thats where this so called missing space goes.agentluap

I second that!

Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
Yep they are right. The HDD keeps a certain amount of space open for system resources. Nothing to worry about.
honk_sm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#5 honk_sm
Member since 2004 • 332 Posts
They're right. It's all based on percentage, not just size. Kind of sucks when you lose more GB though.