i just sold my xbox one, and re-bought a 360.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

after titanfall i couldnt really justify owning a $330 console just to play one game that i already got my fill of (great game, but im done) and seeing no xbox exclusives that appeal to me in the near future i decided to sell it and get my money back (got 370 if ur curious). i already own over 100 digital games on my 360 and i felt the urge to play some of em again (im driven by impulse). i dont regret buying an xbone, i dont regret selling it, i do somewhat regret selling my old 360 (since i just bought it back essentially) so i come to this forum to ask.

anyone here do the same, feel there xbone is gathering dust, or just like there 360 a lil more than there xbone

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

There doesn't seem to be any real reason to own an xb1 when you can get all the same games for 360. I have a bunch of games still to play on my 360 enough to keep me busy for another year or so till actual next gen games start coming out. Currently really enjoying Dishonoured.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

I'am sticking with my 360 still for a few more months. As soon as Sunset launches, Iam upgrading for sure. MS has done an incredible job these last few months convincing me to buy a xbone over a ps4 (sorry if my opinion offends you ) But a $100 price cut? 3 free games month, that dont require a constant paid membership? shit loads of new ips, and awesome sequels? and a halo collection all with revamped next gen graphics? Jesus christ, f*ck yes to all of that.

In saying all of that, I'am still looking forward to picking up a ps4, for sure because I love Naughty dog and Suckerpunch, But I will have to wait now, sorry PS friends!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I haven't even turned on my 360 sense I purchased a X1, Haven't even finished Ryse or Thief yet!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I sold my Xbox 360 a few months before the Xbox One officially released, I was done with it and selling it off helped pay off my new console. I don't regret it at all, but looking back now I wish I could of finished more of my backlog but hey, I bet we'll see a few Xbox 360 exclusives remastered for the Xbox One.

Anyway I'm telling you all right now too, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft figure out a way for backwards compatibility. Sony have the PSNow service launching soon and that's an advantage over Microsoft so they'll definitely want a piece of the pie too, and to fire something back.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

I'am sticking with my 360 still for a few more months. As soon as Sunset launches, Iam upgrading for sure. MS has done an incredible job these last few months convincing me to buy a xbone over a ps4 (sorry if my opinion offends you ) But a $100 price cut? 3 free games month, that dont require a constant paid membership? shit loads of new ips, and awesome sequels? and a halo collection all with revamped next gen graphics? Jesus christ, f*ck yes to all of that.

In saying all of that, I'am still looking forward to picking up a ps4, for sure because I love Naughty dog and Suckerpunch, But I will have to wait now, sorry PS friends!

Xbone won't get 3 free games a month, it will get two free games a month starting next month in June...and those games do require a constant paid membership to Xbox Live Gold on Xbone. Yes, that means they changed the way it works, it's not like Games with Gold was on 360. You do NOT get to keep the games if your Gold account expires with those two games a month. It should be noted PS4 owners with PS+ got 7 games so far since launch that none of us got that bought an Xbone, like myself.

I spoke about the changes HERE to Games with Gold and Xbox Live three days ago in this thread.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mesomorphin

@SolidTy said:

@mesomorphin said:

Xbone won't get 3 free games a month, it will get two free games a month starting next month in June...and those games do require a constant paid membership to Xbox Live Gold on Xbone. Yes, that means they changed the way it works, it's not like Games with Gold was on 360. You do NOT get to keep the games if your Gold account expires with those two games a month. It should be noted PS4 owners with PS+ got 7 games so far since launch that none of us got that bought an Xbone, like myself.

I spoke about the changes HERE to Games with Gold and Xbox Live three days ago in this thread.

Well I know next month Xbox users are confirmed to have 3 free games, a month. And yes it has been confirmed that you can infact keep the games, should your membership expires, all of this was confirmed. "none of us got that bought an Xbone" Thats quite a bold statement you have there friend, speaking on behalf of everyone who bought the ps4 are you? 7 free ps4 games a month....really my friend, you are trying to fool me by saying 2 free arcade ps4 games, and a bunch of psvita/ps3 games count as "7 free ps4 games" anyway I digress. I've made my decision, and I'am sure I'am going to pleased with mine, as you are with yours.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy

@mesomorphin said:

@SolidTy said:

@mesomorphin said:

Well I know next month Xbox users are confirmed to have 3 free games, a month. And yes it has been confirmed that you can infact keep the games, should your membership expires, all of this was confirmed. "none of us got that bought an Xbone" Thats quite a bold statement you have there friend, speaking on behalf of everyone who bought the ps4 are you? 7 free ps4 games a month....really my friend, you are trying to fool me by saying 2 free arcade ps4 games, and a bunch of psvita/ps3 games count as "7 free ps4 games" anyway I digress. I've made my decision, and I'am sure I'am going to pleased with mine, as you are with yours.

First, I am going to be as polite as possible, but I am also going to be direct. I bought an Xbone last year and I've had one since launch. I want to help you but I want to get us on the same page, my friend. The only fooling that is going on is on your end, and I'm not sure how that's happened, but I have brought with me LINKS and QUOTES directly from Xbox.com to help this situation. I know you are wrong, but I don't know the best way to explain it since my short and sweet post didn't work for some reason. Now I have to get longer and less sweet but cover more material. Are you ready? Here we go:

---

I Do NOT understand why you quoted me without at least researching or reading my link in my post above. This news is DAYS OLD and is easily researched if confused. I can guess and say you are confusing 360 and Xbone's Games with Gold. I am ONLY talking about Xbone. 360 is getting three games next month, but one is a bonus game, and then it will go back to TWO GAMES A MONTH. The extra game is a one year anniversary of Games with Gold. I can even tell you the two rental Xbone games coming in JUNE.

"Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault."

2 FREE RENTAL GAMES FOR XBONE (TWO):

1. Max: Curse
  2. Halo: Spartan

FURTHERMORE:

"To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.”

3 FREE GAMES FOR 360 in JUNE ONLY (TWO + ONE BONUS GAME)

1. Dark Souls
  2. Charlie Murder
  3. BONUS GAME Super Street Fighter 4 AE (to celebrate one year anniversary)

Next month we are getting TWO GAMES ON XBONE. Max: The Curse and Halo: Spartan. That's it. They announced two games a month and they announced FOR XBONE what I've been talking about, these games are a rental on Xbone. I can't tell if you are trolling or severely misinformed, but I linked it all above and I'm trying to help you understand. This post is unnecessary if you had just read slowly my post before.

I'm talking about Xbone and I linked it for you. Xbone is getting two games a month rental service with Xbox Live Gold. It's a RENTAL service now on Xbone.

READ IT FROM XBOX THEMSELVES since you quoted me without bothering to read the link or research. I linked it above and I'll link it again. I'm an Xbone user, I'm well informed of the changes that are happening in JUNE for Games with Gold both for my multiple Xbox 360s and Xbone.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices (LINK CLICK ON ME FOR PROOF)

"**Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. Must download titles during designated window."

As far as the Xbone thing, maybe my message wasn't clear. I was stating that Games with Gold wasn't up and running on Xbone, but PS+ was up and running on PS4. That was it. I own an Xbone and I've been waiting for this Games with Gold coming to Xbone finally. PS4 owners didn't have to wait till June and in that time racked up 7 *free PS+ games for their PS4 since launch day. That's all I was trying to say before.

I wasn't counting PS3 or Vita PS+ games at all because then it would be a massive list of games (hundreds). I was only speaking about PS4 PS+ vs. Xbone Games with Gold services (because you brought the PS4 up initially). My point was the Games with Gold was missed since LAUNCH for 6-7 monhts and while I'm glad Games with Gold is FINALLY coming to users in JUNE, it took a long while and the competition didn't have such troubles on their equally new platform. Games with Gold on Xbone is a rental service now.

too long, didn't read

tl;dr

1. Xbone is getting a rental service like PS+, no more owning the game. This starts next month in June.
  2. Xbone will get Two *free games a month, not three.
  3. 360 will get Two Free games a month, except next month they get a third game only for that month.
  4. I was never talking about 360 in my first post (read it again), but I figured you were talking 360 since you kept saying three games when that is incorrect other than next months bonus 360 game which is a 3rd game, but only for next month (JUNE).
Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mesomorphin

@SolidTy Genuinely impressed in the amount of effort you went to deliver that post. You've defiantly cleared alot of details up. To me, both systems sound very similar now in their subscription based "free games" However my decsion still lies with the Xbox for now as many of my friends have upgraded to the xbox one, and it would be a shame to lose my gamerscore, and games are currently more apealing to me ( Sunset, quantum break, halo etc) plus the $100 price cut has made decision alot more appealing, as it now is currently cheaper than the ps4 here in Australia, as the ps4 still stands at $550, whilst the xbox one is only $500, and it includes a free game.

However with all that said, I'am still looking forward to Sony's e3 press conference for sure!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy

@mesomorphin said:

@SolidTy Genuinely impressed in the amount of effort you went to deliver that post. You've defiantly cleared alot of details up. To me, both systems sound very similar now in their subscription based "free games" However my decsion still lies with the Xbox for now as many of my friends have upgraded to the xbox one, and it would be a shame to lose my gamerscore, and games are currently more apealing to me ( Sunset, quantum break, halo etc) plus the $100 price cut has made decision alot more appealing, as it now is currently cheaper than the ps4 here in Australia, as the ps4 still stands at $550, whilst the xbox one is only $500, and it includes a free game.

However with all that said, I'am still looking forward to Sony's e3 press conference for sure!

Fantastic! It's all straightened out. I'm glad you appreciated that effort. I'm sure there will be users in the coming months that may also get a detail here or there mixed about with this games for gold Xbone business, but it's all good.

I have a decent sized Gamerscore so I can understand not wanting to give that built up gamerscore up (I think on the business side that's one of the appealing things about Gamerscore, is they know it's a compelling psyche reason for us consumers to consider staying), but on the flip side I go where the games and deals drag me. If I have to build up a score on another platform, I've proven capable, but I'm reluctant to let go of my GS so I can relate.

If your friends are pulling you towards the Xbone, I can relate. I got friends on both sides. It's peculiar this time the PS4 has the developers choice and more graphical power, something I expected the Xbone would have in the bag this generation.

If retailers are still offering a free game with the Xbone at a lower price $500 in June, that seems like the way to go. A lot of the retailers I spoke to plan on removing the free games bundled here at that lower price point (but keeping bundled game for the higher price point), so keep up on what exactly you will be getting for $500.

E3 will definitely be one to watch this year (JUNE 10th - 12th!). If would recommend making your purchase at least until after the event to you aren't suddenly surprised by any E3 news after a purchase. We'll learn so much more about the Xbone and competing systems and the games they have for us this year.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mesomorphin

@SolidTy Yeah exactly, I plan on holding off until either Sunset or the supposed "Halo collection" arrives, anyway. MS showed a bright e3 last year, with nothing to show but games (not even a mention of kinect) So I'am hoping to see something similar again this year, with more new ip's being announced! Same goes with Sony, looking forward to seeing the power some of their games will pump out, It will also be interesting to see how Xbox will now use the latest direct X to improve the quality of their games! This is for sure going to be the most exciting e3, honestly cant wait, and I'am happy its launching an entire month earlier this year!

It will also be intrguing to see what new features they will add to the systems, eg: more PS+/GWG benefits!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't use my 360 anymore only thing I game on is my xbox one.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre

@sukraj said:

Have you ever considered selling your PS3 and Xbox 360? Since they're never played anymore, you could make some serious coin considering how much games you own for them.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

Forza 5 is great, it just got a load of hate from PS fanbois, the only problem it has is the shoddy menu design, though it may have been fixed by now? I dunno I sold my Xbox One because of the Kinectless bullshit.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj said:

Have you ever considered selling your PS3 and Xbox 360? Since they're never played anymore, you could make some serious coin considering how much games you own for them.

I haven't thought of selling them I might give them to my nephews they'd love to play on them bro.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I would have waited until E3 to determine if there were any upcoming games you would be interested in or not

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm still playing catch-up with a lot of games on my 360, even when I do I have no plans to sell it! Once my favorite exclusives start dropping on the XB1 I will grab one but as I said before I'm not selling my 360.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I kept my 360 and bought an X1. I dont sell anything I buy. My Xbox One gets a fair amount of use but It increases with every new game released. I honestly had not touched it for anything apart from netflix for the past fortnight, however I downloaded Wolfenstein again this morning and once again I am having a blast.

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

Those 3 games a month do require a constant paid membership.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mesomorphin

@sainraja said:

@mesomorphin said:

Those 3 games a month do require a constant paid membership.

So I've learnt, regardless its no big deal.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#21 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

I regret selling my Xbox 360. I used to watch USB Movies on it all the time.

I cant watch USB Movies on my Xbox One, Microsoft doesn't let the Xbox One do it :(

I was very disappointed when I tried to and it didn't work!

Gum_Bercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gum_Bercules
Member since 2005 • 8467 Posts

This is the reason I did not trade in my 360 when I bought an Xbox one. My friend traded in his 360 and all of his games (obviously), and essentially paid off his Xone. However, after the initial excitement of the new console wore off he's regretting getting rid of his 360. It sucks for me too because we used to play games like Borderlands and Halo together now I'm lone wolfin' it. Anyway, to anyone thinking about selling their 360...don't do it yet.

KalashnikovGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KalashnikovGuy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

You made the right decision. The 360 is still dated. We have Watch Dogs, Kick-Ass 2, Grid Autosport, Sniper Elite III, Destiny and many more games coming out.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

I own both the 360 and XB1. I never sell my consoles, still got my SNES, Gameboy and Mega Drive.

Not sure why people would sell their 360 when MS are still giving free games for it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Nintendo_Man said:

I own both the 360 and XB1. I never sell my consoles, still got my SNES, Gameboy and Mega Drive.

Not sure why people would sell their 360 when MS are still giving free games for it.

Some people don't have enough room on their entertainment cabinet to keep their old consoles, so rather than them collecting dust people sell them off for money. Others are done with them and no longer find the need to keep them.

I traded in my 360 and PS3 (plus their games) for my Xbox One and PS4, and it pretty much payed everything off. But after the novelty feeling wore off and there wasn't much to play I bought myself a PS3 again to catch up on a few games I missed lol.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Nintendo_Man: I too never sell away my consoles. Especially my 360 since I have so many games and I still need to collect/play so many more.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Lesson learned. Either keep your older consoles or wait two years for lot more games to come out.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

@i-rock-socks said:

after titanfall i couldnt really justify owning a $330 console just to play one game that i already got my fill of (great game, but im done) and seeing no xbox exclusives that appeal to me in the near future i decided to sell it and get my money back (got 370 if ur curious). i already own over 100 digital games on my 360 and i felt the urge to play some of em again (im driven by impulse). i dont regret buying an xbone, i dont regret selling it, i do somewhat regret selling my old 360 (since i just bought it back essentially) so i come to this forum to ask.

anyone here do the same, feel there xbone is gathering dust, or just like there 360 a lil more than there xbone

It's not something I would do.I think you should have waited till after the Xmas holiday's,most of the best games of the year will be released.But of course,that's my opinion.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Waiting a year or so for games to come out is still my recommendation but... My X1 gets a workout despite my not loving Titanfall. Forza game night with friends is still a blast and I love how they keep adding great things to that one. I'm done with Dead Rising III but I think that it's the hidden gem of this gen so far. XBox fitness is well worth trying if you have an interest in working out. I also prefer it for Blu-ray playback as it's much quieter than my PS4 during disk spinning.

My PS4 is starting to get warm as I picked up "The Show" (a must if you are a baseball fan, a total no-go if not) and I plan to get Watch Dogs on that platform. I found Second Son a bit disappointing as a follow-up to the excellent inFamous II.

For the older consoles more "lights on" for the PS3 because I have such a stack of games from PS+. Tomb Raider was great! And yes, that is still the best Netflix app. I still use the XBOX360 for apps like HBOGO (my crap cable provider will not support the PS3 for that!) and the occasional visit to old favorites. I do think that that free Civilization game is fun if you are into "rule the world" type strategy games.

That's all I have to say about that....

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@i-rock-socks said:

This is usually how I feel with most launches.

Waiting a year fir the predecessor to bleed out is my option

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

i wouldnt trade in my xbox one to get an xbox 360

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Being an early adopter of a console sucks. No games, and a chance for faulty hardware. There are so many games coming out on 360 and X1, that Microsoft has given me no reason to buy an X1. Whats the first actual next gen game? The Witcher? Everything else is multiplat.

I'm probably going to upgrade during the holiday time. But who knows. If Project Beast and the new Silent Hill are Ps4 only, as rumored, then The X1 is pretty worthless to me. I love my 360, but Microsoft just hasn't convinced me.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

I dont understand why people buy new consoles at launch, then turn around and complain about the launch line-up and decide to sell the system... I bought my X1 this past February, and I have no plans on selling it. Yes, all my games are multi platform (Battlefield 4, Ghosts, Watch Dogs) but I'd rather have it for when the games do come out instead of trying to scrounge money for both the games and the console later.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

thats the dumbest thing I ever heard lol.

StarveBox_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StarveBox_One
Member since 2016 • 108 Posts

@mesomorphin: 2 yrs late but you had no plan on getting a PS4, X1 is garbage, Microsoft love pumping out sequels.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@starvebox_one said:

@mesomorphin: 2 yrs late but you had no plan on getting a PS4, X1 is garbage, Microsoft love pumping out sequels.

You wanna explain yourself why you bump a 2 month old thread?

StarveBox_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StarveBox_One

@davillain-: Because I can and I did lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@starvebox_one said:

@davillain-: Because I can and I did lol.

Well that's on you. Threads that haven't been getting a single post for more then 30 days pass are not to be bump.

StarveBox_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StarveBox_One

@davillain-: Dance for me dance, lmfao.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mesomorphin

@starvebox_one: Actually 2 years later and I now own both, and Im enjoying the best that both worlds have to offer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sequels mate, you should know ( eg. God of War, Uncharted 4, Infamous second son, Ratchet n Clank etc. )